Isle of Café Seiren - N4A Chat Thread, July 2018

14 hours ago, Youngster Joey said:

I remember playing Binding Blade several years ago, only to get near the end and realize my units were too underpowered. Turns out you need to do the side-chapters.

You need to do the side chapters to even access the final three chaptets and true ending. 

That said, FE6 is the only FE game where my early game army was practically orthogonal to my late game party. Deick was great in the beginning but benched by chapter 20; Lilina went from the little baby who couldn't too the conqueror of Bern. Mages by endgame were my MVPs and my earlygame cavelier got benched for a lategame paladin. 

No seriously, my Lilina took on 25 wyvern knights and paladins (counted via weapon usage) and won taking only one hit. On her own. And in the span of three turns. 

A lot of this comes to accuracy. I'm not sure why shoddy accuracy is a norm in FE6, but early game it's a hindrance where as lategame anyone with a respectable skill growth is a literal god. 

Edited by Soren
1 minute ago, Soren said:

You need to do the side chapters to even access the final three chaptets and true ending. 

That said, FE6 is the only FE game where my early game army was practically orthogonal to my late game party. Deick was great in the beginning but benched by chapter 20; Lilina went from the little baby who couldn't too the conqueror of Bern. Mages by endgame were my MVPs and my earlygame cavelier got benched for a lategame paladin. 

No seriously, my Lilina took on 25 wyvern knights and paladins (counted via weapon usage) and won taking only one hit. On her own. And in the span of three turns. 

A lot of this comes to accuracy. I'm not sure why shoddy accuracy is a norm in FE6, but early game it's a hindrance where as lategame anyone with a respectable skill growth is a literal god. 

reminds me of how my last Florina was strength blessed and maxed out strength a few levels before upgrading. and was my MVP unit.
maxed out strength as a fucking pegasus knight. the cap after upgrade only goes up from 20->23. so she rolled off a bit but for most of the game was an absolute monster

I don't think it was RNG blessing but normal growth. Saul was about as effective as Lilina, but since he had C staves he worried about restores and healing. Niime wasn't as good, but comparable, and she's a lategame mage who's level 38 so can't be RNG blessed. 

I just think FE6 has screwy accuracy/evasion mechanics. 

Edited by Soren

I don't know where to post this, but I am back. Sorry for the very long disappearance. I just needed a break from the Forum Scene. I did notice where you all at Ninfora have me as hosted on your Twitch Streaming Service and I want to thank you all for that too. But I am back now as well too.

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Generally ok. Gotta go back to the hospital to get some stuff removed. A couple of bumps. Hopefully benign. How are things on your end?

They are good, I am just about to start trying my hardest at earning some extra Money through what I love to do on my Streaming stuff as well. I am going to do it through Streamlabs tho too.

21 minutes ago, EZLO21 said:

They are good, I am just about to start trying my hardest at earning some extra Money through what I love to do on my Streaming stuff as well. I am going to do it through Streamlabs tho too.

Awesome. Hope it works out.

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Awesome. Hope it works out.

As long as I can get the People to come and support me through Streamlabs very soon, All will be very great. I plan to be my own boss with that stuff and do giveaways and buy new games and stuff with all of that too.

10 hours ago, Youngster Joey said:

Finally bought the Scramble and Lost Bloodlines DLC for Awakening after 5 years. y;

I feel as if I only got around to Awakening this year. I beat the game the year it came out, but could only get around to it during summer and it had to compete for my time with Animal Crossing. I did beat the story mode of Awakening, but only barely; I didn't play beyond that until like last April or March. 

I didn't even know who Inigo was until Fire Emblem Fates ;_; 

Wolfenstein II is very very good. The story takes some wild twists and the gameplay is awesome. It’s a little tough,  but I’m loving every second. I’m a little over halfway through it and hit the major plot twist that throws everyone for a loop. 

Killing Nazis has never been so much fun 

Just now, EZLO21 said:

As long as I can get the People to come and support me through Streamlabs very soon, All will be very great. I plan to be my own boss with that stuff and do giveaways and buy new games and stuff with all of that too.

Do you already stream a lot? What's your stream?

1 hour ago, ace said:

Wolfenstein II is very very good. The story takes some wild twists and the gameplay is awesome. It’s a little tough,  but I’m loving every second. I’m a little over halfway through it and hit the major plot twist that throws everyone for a loop. 

Killing Nazis has never been so much fun 

I just played through Wolfenstein II as well. Considering the previous Wolfenstein game already had some crazy scenes it's impressive that the sequel manages to be even more wild and intense.