Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Looking at my Spirit List, I have 1300/1302.

The only ones I'm missing are number 1298 and 1299.

Anyone know who they are and how to unlock them?

Partner Pikachu and Partner Eevee from the Let's Go Games. 

You can get them if you have save data from their respective games on the Switch. There is a Spirit Board challenge as well, though I haven't personally seen it pop up while playing. 

Got Inceniroar tonight, beat a 2nd boss character, and I am up to 66 fighters unlocked.  I had to call it quits because of fingers needing a break and wanting something to eat and drink after all the Smashing.

Man, the section of the Dark World with its wisp away paths down the galaxy slides gets kind of complicated to figure out where you are and where you want to go.  Still, its a cool map screen though...

Knocked off obtaining Bayonetta via WoL.  Some of these matches....   Also, I think some of the stuff I had seen written about auto picking cheesing your way though I am starting not to 100% believe.  In some of these later cases in Spirit Battles the auto pick hasn't necessarily negated the right set up or a good combo for the match and I have had to go back through and look for better options as the auto picking cycles through some of the same sets that don't perform to my expectations.

5 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Played Kirby until I got Mario, Mario until I got Dr Mario, Dr Mario until I got Link, then that's who I did the rest with. He's never been main before either (Toon Link, sure, but not regular Link)

Working on Classic mode now.

Link was my boy for a good while in WoL then I finally got Young Link, Simon, ROB, Dark Pit, Corrin, and Pac Man....  kind of played a few levels as each but YL and ROB are my two faves right now.  Did some Inceniroar when I got him...  got a decent amount done with him but I don't think he's someone I'd use in this mode yet.

Just got Geno. I am happy that Geno is at least a legendary spirit and not a low one. :) Anybody know if the Geno costume for the Mii gunner is in Ultimate?

WoL beat too, into WoD... I have mixed feelings about this adventure mode. On the one hand it’s fun, on the other hand, I feel like I’m playing Mario Party, and that’s kind of weird.

3 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Geno was my main Red Primary Spirit for most of the game.

2 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

It's not.

The Chocobo hat is gone, too.

Go yell at Square-Enix.

Is it REALLY NOT THERE or do you have to spend in game cheese to get the suit(s)?  I haven't done much with Mii Fighters yet but I have been fighting them in their various costumes in WoL.  Since I haven't gone in to make any and I have seen "you unlocked ___ suit" I wondered if you have to unlock it.

4 hours ago, DranSeasona said:

Just got Geno. I am happy that Geno is at least a legendary spirit and not a low one. :) Anybody know if the Geno costume for the Mii gunner is in Ultimate?

WoL beat too, into WoD... I have mixed feelings about this adventure mode. On the one hand it’s fun, on the other hand, I feel like I’m playing Mario Party, and that’s kind of weird.

Have you played Smash on Wii U, there was another take on Mario Party for the exclusive mode Smash Tour but I agree that WoL does feel like MP of old.

38 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Is it REALLY NOT THERE or do you have to spend in game cheese to get the suit(s)?  I haven't done much with Mii Fighters yet but I have been fighting them in their various costumes in WoL.  Since I haven't gone in to make any and I have seen "you unlocked ___ suit" I wondered if you have to unlock it.

I do my best everytime I boot up Ultimate to go to the shop and buy anything that comes up, spirits, music and Mii costumes. So unless it's been confirmed or looked up, I don't know for certain if it would be gone from there, it is the only place to get costumes. If really is gone, SE really are dicks and will somehow charge for these, just wait and see. I tried to do the same with Sm4sh but I stopped after awhile and I only did so for buy new trophies for that trophy display collection in that game. Man was I proud of that show feature, dang now I miss trophies just because that.:(

27 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

How the HELL do I reach 9.9 Intensity on Classic?

I started on 5.0 (highest), with Link and did a no-lose run (used a ticket on final boss) and it gave me 9.8 :(

Weird, I got 9.8 but I got by losing once, so I'm dammed?!?

Look, here:

On 1/1/2019 at 6:22 PM, DLurkster said:

When I say DL, I'm not talking about me but the palette Swap for Link I main.

I really put him to shame now.lshifty;

Definitely helps. I think it partly (if not mostly) depends on how fast you clear the previous fights before the final battle. My Ridley 9.9 example, I got Zero Suit Samus (his semi-final battle) off the stage and gimped/killed a lot earlier than my previous runs where I was getting 9.8, so when Master and Crazy Hand came, I had plenty more time to reach 9.9 afterward, despite still having to use a ticket from what I remember since the hand duo constantly puts you in a disadvantage state. :v

Edited by Ridley Prime
4 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

Definitely helps. I think it partly (if not mostly) depends on how fast you clear the previous fights before the final battle. My Ridley 9.9 example, I got Zero Suit Samus (his semi-final battle) off the stage and gimped/killed a lot earlier than my previous runs where I was getting 9.8, so when Master and Crazy Hand came, I had plenty more time to reach 9.9 afterward, despite still having to use a ticket from what I remember since the hand duo constantly puts you in a disadvantage state. :v

So you think Intensity is more linked to Time than Score?

@DLurkster: Truth be told I really couldn’t get into last gen Smash, so no, I didn’t play that mode. It’s not a deal breaker for me, it just feels odd. Honestly, I feel the platforming of Brawl did it better, at least for me.

Well, looks like @Tyranogre was correct, if this video is accurate

Looks like the only bone SE was willing to throw this time was Cloud (admittedly big bone). Or Nintendo just didn’t want to cough up the dough for licensing at this point. Either way kind of bummed. :( 

lol I’m nowhere near good enough for intensity 9.9 yet, so I will take all of your words for it.

1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

So you think Intensity is more linked to Time than Score?

After making that post, I came to the same conclusion. Depending how fast you get through the round, you'll see show much the intensity will go up by.

At first I though the most I can up intensity is 0.8 but I got as high as 1.0 and I realized what factors in that is how fast you complete round, your percentage and if you end with no damage. So what Ty said is correct, if you made it to the last round with 9.9 or like unit before 9.9. It will stay that way when you beat the last round obviously.

For me I get 0.7 to 0.8 per round averagely starting for intensity 5.0. So if you get higher than that each round with the above criteria you can get your 9.9 in the end.