Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, DranSeasona said:

Agree completely. I didn’t even care who it WOULD be as long as it WASN’T another FE or Pokémon character. The over saturation has now simply become a flood. :( 

At least a Pokemon wouldn't have been another human with a sword.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzer1 said:

Fair enough 

It's literally my only real complaint for all the FE characters. People will say Mario has too many reps, but they're not all human sword fighters in similar looking armor.

Hell, I'm a massive fanboy and don't want another Link in the game. Even another Zelda rep I'd rather be non-human (thought with BotW2 announced and that Mii costume shown, and that comment about BotW Zelda, I can see BotW2 Zelda being added)

Edited by EH_STEVE
2 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Character is ok, weapon diversity good, but I think closing out pass #1 this way seemed underwhelming.

Stage is cool though and has some diverse mechanics.

The Mii costumes were very solid. Cup Head + song is a nice bonus.

This exactly. 

Im going to call it, the fact that there’s a sixth character in fighter pass 2 probably means ones going to be a Pokémon Sword and Shield rep.

If they don't make her a character, I'd love to see Shantae get the Cuphead & Sans treatment, with a Mii Costume and music track.

2 minutes ago, The Albraskan said:

Im going to call it, the fact that there’s a sixth character in fighter pass 2 probably means ones going to be a Pokémon Sword and Shield rep.

Honestly, I'd be completely fine with a Pokemon character, I'd just want them to do something off-the-wall and completely unexpected.

The comparison I'd use is Pokken Tournament. My favorite character to play as in Pokken? Chandelure. Chandelure seemingly has no business being in a fighting game like that, but was a unique pick and fun to play as. With that said, I don't think Chandelure is a good pick for Smash. We already have two fire types in Charizard and Incineroar, and Shadow Ball would be shared with Mewtwo. The point is, there are plenty of Pokemon that could make for crazy unique fighters, should they go that route. 

9 minutes ago, The Albraskan said:

Being honest, I’d play as Sir Fetch’d over most of the FE cast. Mostly because I prefer Pokémon over FE. 

Well if you think about it they would be the first lance type in the series that would be a great addition. They actually can be a mix of FE with having long ranged attacks and a counter move but also can have a variety of Pokemon attacks. 

Either that or I am a hopeless dreamer and wish that Smash gets Bandanna Waddle Dee to also have a long range pole style attacks with known Kirby abilities. 

Edited by Kirbymeister2