Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

I watch video yesterday but is the reason why he's neutral is because it has story mode? I know how this guy reviews but despite his disdain of attention it gets, I fee like that is leaking into why he does not like the series period.

What I'm getting at, just say you don't like the game and don't use the excuse of other ppl who enjoy game the reason why you don't like. Yeah, those ppl shouldn't pressure him to play or like this game. I can understand and respect those if this type of game is not their cup of tea but just say so and don't dance around it.

EDIT

@DranSeasona: Platforming Brawl? The reason the SSE did not flow so well is because of the platforming, especially during the great maze portion. I though that was majority opinion. Nothing will take away how that mode had some cool points but the platform is just not indicative to Super Smash Bros gameplay.

That is why you have not seen a return of that since. (the exception with Smash Run on 3DS)  

Edited by DLurkster
13 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

@DLurkster: I respectfully disagree. I felt that the platforming elements worked really well. Many people may not have liked it or found it unintuitive perhaps, but these are all subjective rather than objective views based on one’s personal experience of the games.

Fair point. I've played all Smash titles, so when Brawl came along (not a competitive player) and we heard there was story mode. Pretty sure all thought that was awesome and it is. Even tho Smash side scroller fighter you'd think this would work well with platforming and yeah depending how you take to the gameplay some may not mind how the platforming worked but I feel those who played the last titles of Smash definitely feel where the gameplay we're used to just does not mix well with the platforming in SSE. That's my opinion and I think most.

Great presentation just like WoL but like nostalgia google we choose to remember the good than the minor issues.

My only complaint with SSE, was that they didn't really change the characters mechanics. Sure when you're fighting you use dash, but I think they all needed a proper run. That's really it though. I loved the story, the cutscenes, the bosses, even being forced to use other characters (which WoL doesn't really do that much) as it really broadened my abilities with the other characters.

Image result for petey piranha

So,while I did make the order for him upon game registration launch weekend when I had gone into the eshop I had noticed he wasn't showing as DLC I had done.  Come to find out after calling Nintendo today, that apparently I had never entered the code they sent me that same day to confirm his arrival.  I'm glad that is take care of.

I guess it’s a matter of preference, but I do like being able to use whoever I want whenever I want on WoL and seeing Ridley or whoever else I’m using on the overworld map and thinking of my own headcanons for the mode. Plus I plan to eventually New Game + WoL again at other points to get more practice in with other characters which I think is kinda a fun way to do so with all the random spirit battle effects, although some are annoying but eh.

Being forced to use so-and so at different points in Subspace and get more experienced with them isn’t bad either, but I really like the customizable experience WoL had to offer. I mean with the gripes about how repetitive WoL is, I can easily say the same about Subspace; still say the cutscenes is pretty much the main reason nostalgia for it exists/why it’s remembered more fondly.

7 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

I guess it’s a matter of preference, but I do like being able to use whoever I want whenever I want on WoL and seeing Ridley or whoever else I’m using on the overworld map and thinking of my own headcanons for the mode. Plus I plan to eventually New Game + WoL again at other points to get more practice in with other characters which I think is kinda a fun way to do so with all the random spirit battle effects, although some are annoying but eh.

Being forced to use so-and so at different points in Subspace and get more experienced with them isn’t bad either, but I really like the customizable experience WoL had to offer. I mean with the gripes about how repetitive WoL is, I can easily say the same about Subspace; still say the cutscenes is pretty much the main reason nostalgia for it exists/why it’s remembered more fondly.

If they could have figured out how to do WoL with cut scenes at say the character unlock fights it would have darn near been perfect because I liked the cut scenes to tell the tale.  That said, I found WoL more interesting and entertaining to work through than SSE.

It would've been nice if Ultimate had a mode to mix up the gameplay as pretty much all of this game boils down to the fighting. If it weren't for the games prior, that wouldn't have bothered me as much, but I think this game really missed an opportunity by not including at least Smash Run. I still love the sheer level of crossover this game has compared to the others because the extended universe feels involved through spirirts. I'll likely pick this game up again soon and definitely when Piranha Plant releases.

Pirahna Plant has been reconfirmed to release sometime in February 2019 so make sure to redeem your code soon. I have since beat World of Light and I might go for a New Game + run. I have also done a lot of the Spirit Board. So far for me the hardest to beat is friggin Pyra spirit getting my ass handed to me and another would be Ness's Father spirit, Liquid Snake anyone?

2 hours ago, Juanblue85 said:

Pirahna Plant has been reconfirmed to release sometime in February 2019 so make sure to redeem your code soon. I have since beat World of Light and I might go for a New Game + run. I have also done a lot of the Spirit Board. So far for me the hardest to beat is friggin Pyra spirit getting my ass handed to me and another would be Ness's Father spirit, Liquid Snake anyone?

F* the spirit board ...all that work to have it come down to a luck shot through a spinning circle to obtain the spirit.

32 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

F* the spirit board ...all that work to have it come down to a luck shot through a spinning circle to obtain the spirit.

It's clear to me that Sakurai and his team did not really want players to be going to the Spirit Board to acquire spirits with that post match event and the timer for resets. Spirit Board should be a convenience, but it's only that after doing some grinding in WoL and Classic Mode. I don't have the best eye sight, so even if I were to use the two items on a Legend's circle, I'm still sitting there staring at the circle for a few minutes trying to see when to take the shot. It sucks that I have to go through spirits I don't want to have a chance at the spirits that I do.

**ANYONE LOOKING FOR WOLF FOR SMASH ***

@ Best Buy ONLINE AND IN STORE.

My local best buy got in tons earlier in the week...... and I just checked online and they are showing in stock there too!

Beat Galeem and Dharkon individually .....  but this going for the final ending so to speak... is annoying the piss out of me.  Such BS about climbing these platforms and what not.... and my characters of choice are good enough at jumping....

Edited by purple_beard

There’s a challenge for beating the whole last part (the platforming, boss rush bit, and Galeem + Dharkon) without dying. Took me awhile, but eventually managed it with the enhanced Andross spirit. Like I said, Tabuu has nothing on them...

The one for clearing the first part as Ganondorf without dying isn’t too bad though.