Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

6 hours ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Finally summoned Gold Mario, but he doesnt show up in usable primaries.....

But the spirit list shows he was added. Grrr

Yeah, he’s a legendary support spirit I believe.

Huh, was not expecting 50% Zygarge, a 1 star spirit, to evolve into a legendary. I knew it would change into Perfect Zygarde, but still. Happy surprise nonetheless, though bittersweet since I don’t really have anything to get on the spirit board anymore and could’ve used a spirit like it earlier.

3 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

Challenges seem a lot easier in this game compared to past Smash games (although admittedly  I've cheesed a few of them with specific match rules). Only challenges I have left are just playing a ton of online quick play matches, though I might just use hammers on those.

I thought about doing this, but as it is, I don’t mind doing the quickplay here and there to try and get all my most used characters into Elite Smash which I’ve done with K. Rool and Ridley so far, and almost done with my last quickplay challenge (200 matches) which I should have later today, so this will be the first Smash where I haven’t used any hammers on the challenge board which is strangely satisfying.

Of course if one doesn’t have Switch online or doesn’t find it to be worth it, then would say hammer away on the online portion.

3 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

I haven't really looked into them yet. Still just doing World of Light, mostly. I remember trying to get the Boss Rush on Very Hard challenge in Brawl forever and cursing Tabuu's rings of death.

You’re probably gonna hate the challenge for not dying any in the final battle then. Tabuu’s got nothing on Galeem and Dharkon. Granted, you’ve got a spirit party to help you here unlike that challenge in Brawl, but still.

1 hour ago, Arvis said:

Is there a way, from the pause screen, to look up what music is currently playing on a stage?

Not entirely sure, but don’t think so, though that is a good question...

1 hour ago, Arvis said:

Is there a way, from the pause screen, to look up what music is currently playing on a stage?

I'm pretty sure there isn't a way outsider stage selection or MyMusic, where can either choose what music to play or the frequency.

I never thought how convenient in what you said could be until now.

Hmmm took down Galeem's shield but I had so much more map screen to work on that I can't just go there now....

Just wrapped up obtaining ZSS.

One thing I have noticed in some of my matches tonight ....  if you get behind early some of the opponents can make life tough for you and they win out with the quickness however, if you get a good head start and can basically reverse that trend and you can make quick work of them. 

3 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

... That reminds me, Palutena has become a pretty fun secondary for me. They really had to buff her after moving away from the custom moves shtick and it paid off.

Custom Palutena from the last game is still my fave.  She's ok as is in this one but I have yet to get the feel of her.

Got balked at Beast Ganon and moved to other areas.... and basically got to Dracula.  I am still impressed with how these map screens are tied together.  I've worked up to Dark Pit ( FINALLY.... one of my mains back in effect) and I think my stalls at Dracula and Beast Ganon are basically a) spirit combo related and b) my attack pattern related.  I think Young Link is the way to go with BG, but maybe DP might work better because of the jumping.  As far as Dracula.... I think Simon, with his arcing axes is the best choice for cutting off the head as it were...

20 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

... That reminds me, Palutena has become a pretty fun secondary for me. They really had to buff her after moving away from the custom moves shtick and it paid off.

Her and Falcon are really the only fast rushdown characters I gel with this time around, they substantially buffed heavyweights in this game so I just play most of them.  Palutena's crazy good this game mainly because her tilts aren't garbage anymore and her mobility's even better.

YES ... Mains acquired in WoL tonight!

ROB, Corrin, and Dark Pit!  It's on and cracking now.

I will say that I kind of pick my fighter based on the opponents moves and what I might need to work around with their abilities and the stage more now than anything.

Arguably, I smoked Dracula by playinguch smarter than my last attempts.  I think that is going mean that I might go back for another round with Beast Ganon and I should finish him off.