Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

World of Light progress

Hide contents

Finished Galeem only to now be thrust into the World of Darkness. Unlocked about 4-5 more characters in there so far. Love the Zelda area.

Major props to the people who put together the WoL battles. So many of the spirit representations are so well done.

I agree but the size of the WoL is too big for its own good and I understand but when compared how they did in the dark realm, I like how the worlds were separated into the worlds, like the one you mentioned. Which is my fave too.

If they had more world portals in WoL, I think all the battles wouldn't seem overwhelming. If they did like they did in the dark realm.

Figures that the Dark Suit spirit would be exclusive to one of the shops, but now that I got it earlier and enhanced it into the Light Suit, the rest of my spirit collecting will be more chill now, having finished spirit board I guess outside of occasional events and just waiting for the rest of my enhanceable spirts (whose evolved forms I didn’t care as much for) to level up at the gym. Feel I could use some more spirit points again whether I go for the remaining WoL shop exclusive spirits next or not. Suppose I should also finally start getting the Mii costume stuff soon since I’m seeing nothing but it in the main shop now.

Yes and No to dojo training worth it. I only say that because depending what you are okay with cons of the training then sure but if you use certain spirits with those training cons parameters. Then no. I have used some dojo's not all of them. Also, if you want a spirit to forget a style, Slowpoke can make your spirit forget. Your spirit can easily remember the style by going back to that master.

And yes to the sense any spirit that has not learn a style already can be trained in multiple places. If spirit already knows a style, they cannot learn another one..... Come to think it I wonder if you can forget the style and learn the current one or is forgetting style is only with Slowpoke?

EDIT: I just put spirit trained in one style, training for another and they training without question. Now, I just have to see if they retain their last style or you mix up styles. If they mix up, I take back what was con because this will balance out things that were cons on one style can be positive with another style.

Edited by DLurkster
45 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

EDIT: I just put spirit trained in one style, training for another and they training without question. Now, I just have to see if they retain their last style or you mix up styles. If they mix up, I take back what was con because this will balance out things that were cons on one style can be positive with another style.

Yeah this was kind of what I was wondering

Challenges seem a lot easier in this game compared to past Smash games (although admittedly  I've cheesed a few of them with specific match rules). Only challenges I have left are just playing a ton of online quick play matches, though I might just use hammers on those.

2 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

Challenges seem a lot easier in this game compared to past Smash games (although admittedly  I've cheesed a few of them with specific match rules). Only challenges I have left are just playing a ton of online quick play matches, though I might just use hammers on those.

I haven't really looked into them yet. Still just doing World of Light, mostly. I remember trying to get the Boss Rush on Very Hard challenge in Brawl forever and cursing Tabuu's rings of death.