Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

11 hours ago, IU said:

After dealing with the Tabuu Spirit Battle, I've been trying my best not to get too into some of the BS that goes on in Ace and Legend Spirit battles. I made sure my left gray Joy-Con would no longer respond to inputs through the analog stick yesterday. I've had plenty of unintentional directional inputs occur while playing and there are times when I feel I have to really press a direction for anything to go through especially for closing distance and dodging. This is my favorite Smash game, thanks to how big the crossover is due to Spirits, but it's also the most infuriating Smash game I've played. I haven't been this angry playing a game in years.

You've noticed some directional and button press inconsistencies too eh?  

In addition to the enhanceable spirits I listed/mentioned earlier just last page, the last few legendaries I just got from enhancing that I would also recommend are Zero (Zero Buster) into Zero (Z-Saber), Keldeo (Ordinary Form) into Keldeo (Resolute Form), enhancing Skull Kid into Skull Kid & Majora's Mask, and Dr Kawashima into Dr Kawashima (Concentration Training).

The enhanced Skull Kid legendary might be the best out of them just for the life/health steal effect.

Also interesting to see that the Dark Suit spirit enhances into the Light Suit (Metroid Prime 2) which is another legendary, though guess I'll have to wait till I randomly come across the Dark Suit first in the spirit board.

Oh, @purple_beard, if you followed the steps right, you should have Piranha Plant when it comes out, regardless of the fighter pass. I didn't get the pass but confirmed my Piranha Plant by registering my physical copy of the game, checking my e-mail in a few days to get the code for PP, etc.

Edited by Ridley Prime

I thought I fought every spirit, what could I be missing?

Also, question:In the mysterious dimension in the the dark realm, that last question before you face off with Marx, (btw a stupid joke of a boss) what did you select first as your answer? Did you choose the Ancient Minister or Tabuu? For some reason I chose the former thinking that made more sense than Tabuu coming up out of nowhere like Ganondorf at the end of TP. Like I didn't occur to me he was the real cause of war. In my eyes that was all the Ancient Minster doing. Do most agree and get what I'm saying?

2 hours ago, DLurkster said:

I thought I fought every spirit, what could I be missing?

Also, question:In the mysterious dimension in the the dark realm, that last question before you face off with Marx, (btw a stupid joke of a boss) what did you select first as your answer? Did you choose the Ancient Minister or Tabuu? For some reason I chose the former thinking that made more sense than Tabuu coming up out of nowhere like Ganondorf at the end of TP. Like I didn't occur to me he was the real cause of war. In my eyes that was all the Ancient Minster doing. Do most agree and get what I'm saying?

You're missing two battles, there should be 615 spaces cleared. If I had to guess, did you do the two bad endings?

As for your question, I don't remember exactly what I chose first but I do remember thinking that one seemed tricky. I get what you're saying, though I guess the final final boss would seem like more of the right answer.

52 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

You're missing two battles, there should be 615 spaces cleared. If I had to guess, did you do the two bad endings?

As for your question, I don't remember exactly what I chose first but I do remember thinking that one seemed tricky. I get what you're saying, though I guess the final final boss would seem like more of the right answer.

Ah, that makes sense, I didn't do the twobad endings. Wow, Sakurai, you have to be at the game 3 times to get 100%?!? Like seriously okay. I'll tackle that when I feel like it.

17 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Even after I got all three endings, there were still a few leftover Spirit battles that I missed on the light world map.

It definitely helps that all the “sub-maps” are marked with a star once you completely clear them out.

Yeah, the star helps with those mini worlds but not completely. The 2nd mini world where you unlock Pit and Simon, the star I think represent that you unlocked all characters from there. As I was scanning world of light with C-Stick (faster to do so then running all over) before facing master hand. I thought to do the same with all the mini worlds with stars. I forgot a spirit battle before Pit and as I said this mini world had a star. So if you are aiming for 100% make sure you double check each world map thoroughly, with the C-Stick.

11 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

That it does.

Whelp. lol

I don't know your stance with Samus vs Dark Samus but it just seems more care has been put into DS over OG.

Sorta like how Zelda not only looks better but somehow plays better than she ever have in Smash history!

It's mainly explosions vs electric effects rather than them being actually different.  Dark Samus's Usmash is better at trapping and chaining hits together and she's a teeny bit lower to the ground when she uses her charge beam and missiles so some characters can't crouch it, and her rolls are tiny bit faster.  Samus has a smaller hurtbox when rolling and her Fsmash because it's an explosion has a bit more range than Dark Samus.

There's no actual differences between them as opposed to like Lucina/Chrom/Ken, it's all slight animation differences that seldom amount to nothing.