Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

10 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

But can you play it with a Poke Ball Plus?!

I'll take this challenge. I own a Pokeball plus.

Hopefully someone wins EVO 2019 with Isabelle and a Pokeball. I know that is unlikely with that controller but if it really became a reality. That person will be my heor.

On 12/16/2018 at 9:23 PM, IU said:

I'm experiencing a roller coaster of emotions with the Spirit Board. Sometimes I get into an Ace or a Legend Spirit battle and get the crap beat out of me, which occasionally gets me frustrated as there is generally BS going on for those upper Spirit tiers. To win under those conditions though and not choke the shot afterwards, it's very rewarding. I've gotten some really cool Spirits today from the board, including Rayquaza, Kyogre, Phantoon and Mecha-Fiora. I've also fully enhanced my Mother Brain and X-Parasite spirits into Mother Brain (2nd Form) and Nightmare respectively. I was expecting the enhanced version of the X-Parasite to be the SA-X, but Nightmare is easily the 2nd option and not a bad one.

I need to figure out where to grind SP eventually, so I can use more of my snacks for spirit leveling. I was thinking World of Light would be the mode to go to, but I think I may look into doing a Classic Mode run in my next sitting to see what I get.

I got Groudon early on which I enhanced into Primal Groudon. Mecha-Fiora I think I got much later in WoL, tho could be wrong. Still need to find X-Parasite on the spirit board sometime for the Nightmare thing, but I did finally get around to enhancing Mother Brain recently which made me wish I had done it sooner thanks to her 2nd form's effect. Same with enhancing regular Andross into his true/brain form, and Twilight Princess Ganondorf into Beast Ganon. All great spirits once they're enhanced.

Is anyone else happy and disappointed with Pokemon spirits in the game? Every time I get a Pokemon spirit, I hope that they can be enhanced. I've gotten both Geodude and Abra, two of my favorite Pokemon evolution lines, and they'll forever stay like that. I would've loved to have a primary as Alakazam or Golem. It's a missed opportunity. I'm still keeping my eye out for the Gengar spirit after finding out it was needed for a summon. Some of the enhanced versions of spirits has left me a little disappointed too. Today I got Midna and enhanced her to find out she doesn't change into what I would expect her to change into given TP's story. I don't hate Midna with Wolf Link, but I also don't think that Midna needed Wolf Link incorporated with her spirit. Twili Midna should've been Midna's enhanced form. They could've advertised Wolf Link by giving him his own spirit.

Had my first taste of the Spirit Board tonight, went to my friend's house and played some FFAs and before leaving showed me the Fire Emblem spirit event going on. Beat the Legendary Azura spirit battle in two tries with Ike equipped with a Lv 99 Xerneas primary/Great Fairy and Kapp'n support spirits. Then took a chance at the Legendary Pauline spirit battle but maaaaaan that Peach fighter avoiding combat on the 75km stage is obnoxious

Only a few characters left to beat Classic mode w/, need a good way to make gold so I can buy whatever I need in the shops. Much nicer getting them from Classic mode but for what I don't obtain I just want gold to buy the stuff as I have mainly been just focusing on the music. Since I was never good as Snake, clearing at 5.0 intensity will be annoying but if I can get a ton of tickets I would have no issue and I would do the same thing for clearing at 9.9 intensity since if you use a ticket you don't lose the intensity but have to start high in order to get there and get at least .7 each battle.

I actually haven't done 9.9 yet but the closest I have managed to get is 7.9. I have been playing each character in Classic Mode after beating World of Light 100 percent. Only have Simon, Richter, K. Rool, Isabelle and Incineroar to beat Classic Mode until Pirahna Plant and Joker get added. Haven't played once at all online as I don't have the ethernet plug in my room.

49 minutes ago, The Albraskan said:

Congratulations! Getting 9.9 is pretty tough, especially when the end boss is Master & Crazy Hand with all the stuff they've got happening. 

The only character I got 9.9 was with Jigglypuff, but the boss for 'Puff was Giant DK. 

It definitely helps that K. Rool fights Galleom instead of the Hands. I don't think I could've done it against them.