Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

While the final boss fight was fun, it also dragged on for a bit too long.

For the sake of achievements, the "first round" seems to refer to [spoiler2]the part where you have to climb up a bunch of platforms while dodging Galeem and Dharkon's attacks, fighting off a bunch of shadow fighters every few minutes[/spoiler2]. There is an achievement for clearing this round as Ganondorf without getting killed.

"Second round" isn't linked to any achievements, but presumably refers to [spoiler2]the rematches against Giga Bowser, Beast Ganon, Marx, Rathalos, Galleom, and Dracula[/spoiler2].

"Final round" is presumably [spoiler2] fighting Galeem and Dharkon at the same time.[/spoiler2] Simple enough, but it's not clear to me whether the achievement "clear the final battle without getting ko'd" refers only to this phase, or also the two phases before it.

On 12/17/2018 at 1:09 PM, Surge135 said:

Ive listened to the F-Zero Medley and it's not something I can get into. The lyrics over the medley of F-Zero track themes sounds like they don't belong and really throws off the enjoyment of the retro tracks.

It doesn't help that this guy speaks some serious Engrish. His accent is so heavy that I can only make out a few words/phrases.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of music...

Why is it that we don't have the original vocal version of Snake Eater from MGS3:SE in the game? I mean we have the instrumental version from Brawl, even a new remix for SSBU, but not the original version. :( If we can get Calling in the Night in SSBB and back in SSBU, why can we get the original vocal version of Snake Eater. I assume this is most likely do to some kind of licensing issues? ...Which is probably the same reason why we only have the instrumental version of His World for Sonic '06 in the game.

Don't get me wrong...The instrumental version is damn good, but the lyrics make the song. *sigh* I so badly wish this version was in SSBU. I love the whole Bond (007) theme vibe of this song and intro.

Also, why is there still only the 2 same pieces of Final Fantasy music from SSB4? WTF Square?! They could have done so much with FF music in this game. Just look at all the Street Fighter and Mega Man music Capcom gave us.

2 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Meh, do short time matches.... learn how all the characters feel while you unlock.

The reason I'm doing it this way is that I'm still heavily into Fallout 76, and I'm not that hardcore of a Smash player anyways. But with the holidays coming up, I'll be travelling with my Switch and would like to have all the characters unlocked for when we settle things in Smash.