Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

What's everyone's favorite new song(s) so far?  

While I haven't unlocked all the songs yet, F-ZERO Medley (song at bottom) has quickly become one on my fav. new songs. ...And knowing that Takenobu Mitsuyoshi (the Daytona USA vocalist) is responsible for this song puts a huge stupid smile on my face. :D 

Yes, THIS GUY!!! ^_^

Spoiler

😍

Also, I'm really digging that new Gangplank Galleon remix. 

Spoiler

Love the breakdown at 1:56

I totally dig that 80's style synthesized vocals.

F-ZEROOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, It, Nintendo! Get SEGA to do a F-Zero GX sequel already!!! >_<

Edited by alienboyva

I do not understand this games censoring at all. I haven't really complained about it because it's really not a bit deal, but it's widly inconsistent. Like I haven't got her yet but I know they cencored Camilla's cleavage, yet in the same sitting I just got the great fairy and Culdra who seem just ad gratuitous as Camilla. I'm not even mad, just kind of confused at how inconsistent it is. 

I'm experiencing a roller coaster of emotions with the Spirit Board. Sometimes I get into an Ace or a Legend Spirit battle and get the crap beat out of me, which occasionally gets me frustrated as there is generally BS going on for those upper Spirit tiers. To win under those conditions though and not choke the shot afterwards, it's very rewarding. I've gotten some really cool Spirits today from the board, including Rayquaza, Kyogre, Phantoon and Mecha-Fiora. I've also fully enhanced my Mother Brain and X-Parasite spirits into Mother Brain (2nd Form) and Nightmare respectively. I was expecting the enhanced version of the X-Parasite to be the SA-X, but Nightmare is easily the 2nd option and not a bad one.

I need to figure out where to grind SP eventually, so I can use more of my snacks for spirit leveling. I was thinking World of Light would be the mode to go to, but I think I may look into doing a Classic Mode run in my next sitting to see what I get.

Edited by IU
22 minutes ago, Dancing Mog said:

I have one more fighter, Richter I think, to unlock in WoL but cannot find him anywhere even though I thought I did what I needed to do but it didn't work

Spoiler

You have to use the cannonballs to kill all of the black ghost dudes in the entire area. Richter will appear right in front of Dracula.

5 hours ago, alienboyva said:

While I haven't unlocked all the songs yet, F-ZERO Medley (song at bottom) has quickly become one on my fav. new songs. ...And knowing that Takenobu Mitsuyoshi (the Daytona USA vocalist) is responsible for this song puts a huge stupid smile on my face. :D 

Yes, THIS GUY!!! ^_^

Reveal hidden contents

😍

Also, I'm really digging that new Gangplank Galleon remix. 

Reveal hidden contents

Love the breakdown at 1:56

I totally dig that 80's style synthesized vocals.

F-ZEROOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, It, Nintendo! Get SEGA to do a F-Zero GX sequel already!!! >_<

Crocodile Cacophony (remix of K. Rool's theme in DKC2) and Ridley's new remix. As good and classic as Gangplank Galleon is for Rool's DKC1 theme, that other one just tops it in epicness for me, and Ridley's new remix speaks for itself. Interesting they didn't use that music for Ridley's reveal trailer at E3 but instead reused his Brawl theme for it, but learning of those tracks much closer to the game's release was still well timed, as it reignited the hype for people after being kinda let down or underwhelmed by the November 1st direct.

12 hours ago, IU said:

I'm experiencing a roller coaster of emotions with the Spirit Board. Sometimes I get into an Ace or a Legend Spirit battle and get the crap beat out of me, which occasionally gets me frustrated as there is generally BS going on for those upper Spirit tiers. To win under those conditions though and not choke the shot afterwards, it's very rewarding. I've gotten some really cool Spirits today from the board, including Rayquaza, Kyogre, Phantoon and Mecha-Fiora. I've also fully enhanced my Mother Brain and X-Parasite spirits into Mother Brain (2nd Form) and Nightmare respectively. I was expecting the enhanced version of the X-Parasite to be the SA-X, but Nightmare is easily the 2nd option and not a bad one.

I need to figure out where to grind SP eventually, so I can use more of my snacks for spirit leveling. I was thinking World of Light would be the mode to go to, but I think I may look into doing a Classic Mode run in my next sitting to see what I get.

Doc's Gym you can stick 4 in at a time no cost, plus they get sp for doing expeditions of which there are at least 3.

18 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Ive listened to the F-Zero Medley and it's not something I can get into. The lyrics over the medley of F-Zero track themes sounds like they don't belong and really throws off the enjoyment of the retro tracks.

I've filled in all of my Challenges pages except for the "against 4 level 9 CPUs score 3 meteor smashes" one and everything in the Online section because I'm not paying for that mess. Hopefully I'm not missing out on anything important in the latter section.

Anyone know where the Black Knight Mii Outfit is? I have the helmet but not the armor. It's clearly not hidden behind some online paywall for Challenges so I'm guessing I just gotta wait for it to appear in the Vault shop.

3 minutes ago, Carl321 said:

I've filled in all of my Challenges pages except for the "against 4 level 9 CPUs score 3 meteor smashes" one and everything in the Online section because I'm not paying for that mess. Hopefully I'm not missing out on anything important in the latter section.

Anyone know where the Black Knight Mii Outfit is? I have the helmet but not the armor. It's clearly not hidden behind some online paywall for Challenges so I'm guessing I just gotta wait for it to appear in the Vault shop.

You can also get it randomly by playing Classic Mode.