Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

10 hours ago, Juanblue85 said:

You know some people have asked this before but isn't it embarrassing how Square Enix barely has much of a presence in the game. Sure I'm happy we got Cloud back but damn at least give a little more music and whatnot. I'm beginning to wonder if it was even worth it in the end.

Given the sheer amount of content from all the other third party representatives, it's astounding just how little there is from Final Fantasy. The music is a particular standout, but it's far from the only exclusion. I mean, what happened to the Chocobo hat? 

It makes me wonder, if Square Enix gets a DLC representative, how small that DLC pack will be compared to the others. We don't know the full extent of the Joker pack- we don't know the number of musical tracks or if we get an infusion of Persona spirits- but I can't imagine we'd get that with a Square Enix pack. At least, not based on the current representation. 

If we want to get silly, Final Fantasy has two whole spirits in the game (Both are Cloud character spirits, not primaries or support). To put that number in perspective, Shantae also has two Spirits in Smash. 

Which is to say, Shantae and Final Fantasy have the same number of Spirits in Smash. And at least the Shantae spirits show up in World of Light and on the Spirit Board. 

I'd assume it has to do with licensing bollocks with SE being a bit more complicated and Uematsu having his own record label and other shit, I have no idea.  I know DQ has a similar issue with its music getting covers because a lot of it licensed under that rightwing fossilized zealot Koichi Sugiyama.

4 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

So Dr. Mario is like, my boy (well one). And I gotta say, I don't like some of the changes made to his back throw, side special, and up special. I'd switch back to Mario for getting through World of Light but I hate FLUDD.

Also this:

I like that they changed up a few of the Melee clones/semi-clones a bit more to make them different. I'll have to use his Cape more to see the differences but it is strange that they changed his Jump Punch.

In other news I uploaded my first Smash Ultimate video. Just some matches I had within the first few days.

The stunt video I'll check out later.

4 hours ago, The Krazy One said:

I like that they changed up a few of the Melee clones/semi-clones a bit more to make them different. I'll have to use his Cape more to see the differences but it is strange that they changed his Jump Punch.

In other news I uploaded my first Smash Ultimate video. Just some matches I had within the first few days.

The stunt video I'll check out later.

OMG! :o That spin move win with Dr. Mario when getting back on the stage! coolkong;

That's odd that replays don't show who you were fighting. Hopefully this was an oversight and will be added in soon.

5 minutes ago, Arvis said:

while we can appreciate new villains like K Rool, let's appreciate how Smash has added the most dastardly Splatoon villain of them all:

disclaimer: haven't actually played smash online, just found tweet amusing y;

Naw, the interface, the interaction, and the lag are ridiculous for a primo online game AND ONLY PLAYABLE ONLINE VIA PAID ONLINE WITH NSO.  It IS unacceptable.

So I tried out the portable music player for Ultimate, and it seems to favor sex more for it functionality audience. (Unless you where cargo pants all the time)

There's no way any man can listen and carry the switch unless you carry an satchel, phanny pack or a murse because you cannot listen to music and carry this thing in your hands. You'll look stupid.

And tho women have advantage of putting the Switch in purse, if a guy manages to find something to carry the Switch in, the shoulder buttons to carry-on will restart the song you are on over and over.

The 3DS was better as a music player for Smash 3DS because it was small enough to fit a most men pockets and the shoulder buttons didn't get in the way or rewinding music because there was no function so why is this so for Ultimate?!?

How is everyone faring against Lv 9 CPU's? I went 1-1 against them at my friend's house today and have to say they are definitely a challenge, especially the new characters as I haven't had enough opportunity to play against them and get an understanding of their moves quite yet like the veteran characters.

The only exposure I have to lvl 9 CPU is in training mode. They are tough, they feel just as tough as the challengers. I've unlocked all characters so I can't compare right now if that is true.

But imaging fighting 7 lvl 9 cpu. I mention this because to make my amiibo training go faster. I've been fighting all them and I win like 90% and fighting just one lvl 9 CPU is kinda hard.

So I can't image facing of 7 lvl 9 cpu might be like.

Classic Mode is really cool. Just did Dark Samus’s.

You fight alongside CPU allies based on characters who were possessed by evil at some point. Zelda (Ganon’s Puppet from Twilight Princess), Robin (Grima), and Violent Ken. The one exception is Ivysaur, because it’s a Poison-type Pokemon.