Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

On 12/11/2018 at 10:08 PM, DLurkster said:

We got a possible game changer incoming!

So apparently this live now and I also received my Let's Go Eevee was delivered to me as well.

I'm not surprised by update but I thought they said the Let's Go Eevee would be coming tomorrow? Is it because this based on Japanese time? If so that makes sense.

I'm just finishing of my replay conversions into videos, I don't to lose the playback of these videos before I update. Fortunately I got the notice without prompting to update of course if I don't, I can't go online. I better update as soon as I convert my replays into videos.

I really like how the update notes has a list of characters (Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Olimar, Toon Link, Villager, Greninja, PAC-MAN, Duck Hunt, and Isabelle) that had adjustments, but no details on what the adjustments are. I guess this was the same way they did it for Smash 4 3DS/Wii U though, leaving players to figure it out?

1 hour ago, Arvis said:

This game is pretty cool. I really like the inklings.

The Ink refill mechanic is basically Robin's weapon durability done right.

It stays true to the mechanics of the original game, but without severely crippling the viability of a potentially interesting character. Since you can actually refill your ink manually, you're not as helpless as you are when your tome breaks.

1 hour ago, The Albraskan said:

I really like how the update notes has a list of characters (Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Olimar, Toon Link, Villager, Greninja, PAC-MAN, Duck Hunt, and Isabelle) that had adjustments, but no details on what the adjustments are. I guess this was the same way they did it for Smash 4 3DS/Wii U though, leaving players to figure it out?

To my recalculation the update notes didn't mention the characters that received changes in Sm4sh.

If they are showing character that received changes that's step-up from Sm4sh. Yeah, too bad they don't show what those changes are.

40 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

The Ink refill mechanic is basically Robin's weapon durability done right.

It stays true to the mechanics of the original game, but without severely crippling the viability of a potentially interesting character. Since you can actually refill your ink manually, you're not as helpless as you are when your tome breaks.

I don't dislike them but I don't like them.  I kind of want to see how they work for me though.  

On a related note, I want to be good with Inceniroar... he's too cool for me not to play as him.

Yeah, it is a first they show the character that received changes from Sm4sh.

Here's the complete notes:

Capture99999999.PNG.ad824b7acbb33ef9d4eea811bc6bf3f1.PNG

Source

------

I actually like the Inkling, like Ty says they really play like how they represent Splatoon and that's cool. Only Sakurai will make sure characters feel like they come straight from their series.

Out of all the newcomers that I instantly bonded with is Chrom surprisingly I say that because I don't like most FE not because there's a lot of them but I don't like their playstyle. weird to say when Chrom himself plays like half of the FE characters in the game. Ike, Roy and Marth. I think because I tried out all the FE chars throughout the years it could of been anyone who wields sword from FE to have a moveset of 3 chars in the game for me to instantly bond with him. That just so happens to be Chrom, tho why do Lucina and Robin have their victory fanfare from their game Chrom is like Marths' and Roys' is odd. The disrespect is still real for Chrom in this game.

17 hours ago, Carl321 said:

When you're done with the spirit you can go to manage spirits and hit release if you want some SP. You'll retain the core for infusion.

Some spirits have bonuses, some have the text "CAN BE ENHANCED AT lv99," and some just say nothing because they do nothing. From what I've seen 4* spirits with no bonus are that way because they have huge stats. 

Yeah there's no text, it's neutral, level 99. It gives me 3 slots for other spirits but that's it. I've gotten a change at 99 one so that's not it.

Maybe I should just release this one?

(I haven't been reading this thread since the game released unless it's someone quoting one of my posts)

Also, for unlocking characters for regular play I've heard scanning amiibos works? Is there a daily limit? Where do I do it? Should I do it sooner rather than later?

55 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

(I haven't been reading this thread since the game released unless it's someone quoting one of my posts)

Also, for unlocking characters for regular play I've heard scanning amiibos works? Is there a daily limit? Where do I do it? Should I do it sooner rather than later?

No unlock with amiibo scan but you can get FP fighter via the amiibo if you haven't unlocked them.

30 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

It was rumored by BB that amiibo do so but that is not true. PB confirmed that.

All amiibo just give you spirits and snacks.