Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

So, tales from BBY tonight.

NO ONE THERE TILL 1 hour before midnight.

3rd person not till :30 till.

Only TIN CE bundles were POs.

Only Wolf Amiibos were POs.

They had a good amount of Inkling Girl and Ridley amiibos but all look tied to POs and no free stock.

A LOT of games and I'd guess half PO'd.

Tons of collector coins for general purchase and PO customers.

They didn't look to have any leftover pro controllers.

16 minutes ago, Kezay said:

I know nothing of Persona 5, but even I got a bit hyped at that reveal.  Pretty cool way to do that.

Same as me too. But I know that ppl who are fans of the game really loved P4 and P5.

So this is one of the rare hype by association where normally you're happy for those of this announcement but this mean the Persona series is coming to Switch. That's what has me really excited.

14 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Strong start to the DLC IMO.

I feel like Banjo has shot because with Nintendo calling the shots with the DLC. I think we should expect more shocks down the road.

Tho, I never mentioned this in the The Game Awards prediction thread, I said while back before DLC was announced for Ultimate that it would be good idea to announce DLC there before the launch of the game just in a few hours. I never would of thought Persona series would be it. Almost Cloud like with the drop like that.

So, this happened....

Why the fuck isn't there a download manager on Switch, Nintendo?! >:(  Seriously, you need to fix this Nintendo! I thought something was F'd up with my internet and/or Switch. At least pop-up a message saying the software will update after the other update downloads. >_>

I'm starting to regret downloading Fortnite. All it does it's constantly update. I mean it's fun for what it is, but I don't play it that often.

Edited by alienboyva
29 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

That shirt Reggie was wearing at the VGA. What a hero.

Screenshot_20181206-200220_Discord.jpg

On that note, Samus and the baby, say hello to my little friend...

image0.jpg

Dat shirt was MONEY!

For you amiibo heads who had figures done in Smash U/3DS:

Smash Ultimate will do the following:

Clean slate your amiibo and you rebuild them up from scratch.

OR

Take your abilities you had and move your rank back down to 12 (if they were 50).  I had one at 47 and he got bumped down to 11.  

I wish I had fully charged my Switch before I started that scanning but I got through 2/3 of my collection before battery life started with issues and my dock is in the opposite room from my amiibos at the moment I gotta let it charge back up and finish scanning.

I was also noticing you can earn spirits (at random), gold, snacks, and some status buff stuff per amiibo you scan.  So I would say it is worth it t scan everyone you got.

So far I have only been through my Smash ones so I haven't tried any Mario, Yarn Yoshi, OR other series yet not directly part of the Smash line.

21 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Dat shirt was MONEY!

For you amiibo heads who had figures done in Smash U/3DS:

Smash Ultimate will do the following:

Clean slate your amiibo and you rebuild them up from scratch.

OR

Take your abilities you had and move your rank back down to 12 (if they were 50).  I had one at 47 and he got bumped down to 11.  

I wish I had fully charged my Switch before I started that scanning but I got through 2/3 of my collection before battery life started with issues and my dock is in the opposite room from my amiibos at the moment I gotta let it charge back up and finish scanning.

I was also noticing you can earn spirits (at random), gold, snacks, and some status buff stuff per amiibo you scan.  So I would say it is worth it t scan everyone you got.

So far I have only been through my Smash ones so I haven't tried any Mario, Yarn Yoshi, OR other series yet not directly part of the Smash line.

Thanks for the heads up, PB with amiibo news in Ultimate.

I'll go for option b, I had a feeling not all we trained in Sm4sh would be retained.

So the rumored feature on BB.com of amiibo unlocking characters is not true? I just remembered that.

Just now, purple_beard said:

No shit.  I was in the amiibo menu scanning.  I haven't done anything on the roster select screen.

Still even if you were in the amiibo menu. You should see new challenger approaching.

If you didn't see when you scan means they do not unlock that way. Probably for the best, you know some to most will be upset about. Even I have to agree with that. But for the amiibo collecting perspective It's cool to some degree.

Tho, if this did unlock why would the appear on the roster screen and not splash screen of incoming challenger?

2 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Still even if you were in the amiibo menu. You should see new challenger approaching.

If you didn't see when you scan means they do not unlock that way. Probably for the best, you know some to most will be upset about. Even I have to agree with that. But for the amiibo collecting perspective It's cool to some degree.

Tho, if this did unlock why would the appear on the roster screen and not splash screen of incoming challenger?

No challenger approaching in that amiibo menu.

All I have unlocked in solo mode is Nes and just did got Zelda.

Played a few games with my bro tonight and along the way we unlocked Young Link, Zelda, Ness, Marth, Villager, Inkling, Pit and Bowser. (I think that's it) Pretty fun so far (I mean, it's Smash so of course :P) but definitely takes some getting used to with how fast it plays.  I really wanna get used to Inkling because like the move set.  Just seems like it will be a fun character to mess around with.  Really loving the remote bombs with Link, too!

1 hour ago, Kezay said:

Played a few games with my bro tonight and along the way we unlocked Young Link, Zelda, Ness, Marth, Villager, Inkling, Pit and Bowser. (I think that's it) Pretty fun so far (I mean, it's Smash so of course :P) but definitely takes some getting used to with how fast it plays.  I really wanna get used to Inkling because like the move set.  Just seems like it will be a fun character to mess around with.  Really loving the remote bombs with Link, too!

I got Ness > Zelda > Bowser > F*d up getting Pit as I somehow lost track of where I was and fell off while I was leading the match so have to refind him again  > Inkling.

As of who I have, I think Bowser is my go to at the moment but about to check out Inkling.

+ Villager  + Marth + Young Link + Wii Fit Trainer + Ice Climbers

I like the way this game plays faster.... Bowser and Marth have gotten to me, I liked them in Melee.

Edited by purple_beard