Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

I took cheap-ass freebie shipping through Amazon. And with Canada Post likely still backlogged from the strike I probably won't get it for a week or so from today.

I hit the minimum for free with Target as they wouldn't let me do in-store pick up.  But it appears I am entertaining multiple packages arriving as I have two notices so far generated yesterday.

I'm not going to bother with the hassle of pre-ordering amiibo online.

If I see Ridley or K. Rool for sale at a con for 45 bucks or something, I'd consider that a steal. Compared to waiting for the store to restock, refreshing the page at 11:59, hoping that some asshole doesn't out-click me, etc., I'd gladly pay thrice the MSRP. theydonothing;

No notice shipment for me yet. I think that might not happen until tomorrow or Thursday the latest. I know my amiibo won't come on time. I PO my through Wal-mart and it's being delivered by Canada Post.

Steve is right being delayed a week for delivery with backlog. For example PO Crash N-Sane trilogy (pre-Black Friday sale online) from Wal-mart and it took a whole another week to delivery, and that was when we were still in a strike. I didn't even know wal-mart had Canada Post delivery for them. If it wasn't for the strike I wouldn't even remember that for the amiibo coming from them.

I think the game itself will come on Friday through Amazon. I express it, just in case but I order thermal water bottle on last Wednesday normal shipping and it arrived on Friday. I don't believe that was from Canada Post. (tho the strike ended the day I order said bottle, ironically) So I think I should be fine with the game arriving on Friday. As much I would like to have the amiibo on Friday, the game is more important get on Friday.

I just got a voicemail about my pre-order at GS and they guy said something about the event starting at 6pm (was kinda hard to make out)? This is odd since my local GS is a smaller store and doesn’t really do big events. I’m going to go tomorrow or earlier that day to pay off my PO, because at the Switch midnight launch, I was like the last in line to pick-up my stuff, even though I had a PO (even people picking up BotW on Wii U w/o a PO got in before me). I’ll see what’s going on then. Though, I assume it might just be so people can get things squared away, so the can get in and out later that night. 

So anyway...If you’re going to a midnight launch for the game, you might want want to check with your store to see if they having any fun events before the game launches later that night.

EDIT:

So, I went today to pay off my PO since I was in the area where my local GS is and the guy was telling me how he had 300 people to call who had pre-orders for the game. lwut;  Hope there aren't going to be nearly that people there at the midnight launch, because as I mentioned. it's a smaller and I'd be waiting i the cold for quite a while. Come to find out the thing starting at 6pm it just for people to pay off their POs and get a number on their receipt so they can get in faster. Gonna have to go back on Thursday for that, so I probably should have waited until then to pay off my PO. :v  Also, the guy said they might do a raffle as well, which is cool...Though I never win anything (except that Switch prize pack I won recently in one of NOA's sweepstakes).

Edited by alienboyva

Popping in again to ask if anyone has used the Switch's pro controller. I figure it's going to be much more reliable than wireless Joy-Cons in a tournament setting, so I'm considering buying the overpriced thing.

1. What size are ABXY the buttons? The 3DS/Joy-Con size is perfect for me, while the Wii U GamePad's were too far apart from each other. They were also squishy instead of clicky, which is imprecise.

2. What style is the analog stick? The 3DS's circle pad was the best by far for me, though the Joy-Con's short stick is also workable. I'm terrible with long sticks like the GamePad's.

4 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

Popping in again to ask if anyone has used the Switch's pro controller. I figure it's going to be much more reliable than wireless Joy-Cons in a tournament setting, so I'm considering buying the overpriced thing.

1. What size are ABXY the buttons? The 3DS/Joy-Con size is perfect for me, while the Wii U GamePad's were too far apart from each other. They were also squishy instead of clicky, which is imprecise.

2. What style is the analog stick? The 3DS's circle pad was the best by far for me, though the Joy-Con's short stick is also workable. I'm terrible with long sticks like the GamePad's.

1. The size of the ABXY are like smarties the candy kind, obviously not soft in feel or press. Pressing motion is decent. Because of the size of the ABXY buttons they spaced that right amount of distance where it won't be a hassle. The D-Pad is alright. The 4 shoulder buttons they feel much better if you ever used the pro controller for Wii U, they are still digital but at least this time the indents and curve are more ergonomic.

2. The sticks on there seem a smidge taller than the Gamepad but where the gamepad to me felt like it had limited movement not like the Joy-Cons, the Switch Pro have more give despite the length. The width of stick is also wider and on top has grip like the PS4 only difference is the ridge is not uniform, you can see where it cuts of at the top as opposed to the PS4 smooth ridge.

Just a thought, if you want a GC controller with a adapter you can get on at GS for $49.99 compared if you were to get the Switch Pro Controller for $69.99.

2 hours ago, DLurkster said:

1. The size of the ABXY are like smarties the candy kind, obviously not soft in feel or press. Pressing motion is decent. Because of the size of the ABXY buttons they spaced that right amount of distance where it won't be a hassle. The D-Pad is alright. The 4 shoulder buttons they feel much better if you ever used the pro controller for Wii U, they are still digital but at least this time the indents and curve are more ergonomic.

2. The sticks on there seem a smidge taller than the Gamepad but where the gamepad to me felt like it had limited movement not like the Joy-Cons, the Switch Pro have more give despite the length. The width of stick is also wider and on top has grip like the PS4 only difference is the ridge is not uniform, you can see where it cuts of at the top as opposed to the PS4 smooth ridge.

Just a thought, if you want a GC controller with a adapter you can get on at GS for $49.99 compared if you were to get the Switch Pro Controller for $69.99.

Thanks for the review. I kept this in mind while checking out some controllers in-store and decided against it. Everyone seems to love big sticks and buttons. Maybe they're just afraid of change and I have Trump hands.

Nintendo sells their controllers at such a premium--and the Smash model runs an extra Franklin, just to milk the hype.

9 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

Feels about like the WiiU Pro.....  Sticks are thicker and the buttons are larger than the JCs.  I like it.

I have the original Switch Pro and I am getting that SSB Pro.... i love the look of it.

9 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

I'm not a huge fan of the Joycons. The lack of a + control pad and the tiny buttons were never a selling point for me. So I've got the Xenoblade 2 Pro and I think it's one of the most comfortable controllers out there. Ergonomically it justifiably has drawn some comparisons to the Wii U Pro and the XBox 360 controllers. The buttons I would compare to SNES for size and PS4 for space. The sticks are like the Gamepad, perhaps a little longer. All of the buttons are more squishy than the 3DS/Joycons but not Game Boy levels of squishy. Again, think Gamepad. The battery on this beast is insane, too. My only complaint is that it doesn't have shoulder button analog, but then, that's not a capability the Switch was made with. 

26 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Well someone went to the costume store.....

Bring back " Settle it in Smash " PLEASE!

Just put in all my open amiibos so I can skip all that extra crap come tomorrow night.

Edited by purple_beard