Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

Interesting.  I liked Melee over the first smash because of the expansion of the roster, items, and stages.  That said, characters I was decent at in Melee weren't the same ones I could use a lot in Brawl.

I do kind of agree about a lot of their criticisms of Melee though.  I found his polls to be interesting as well.

I'd say as of right now, my faves would be Smash 4 > Brawl > Melee > 64.  The online component really does keep Brawl above Melee for me as well as it having Sonic and Snake in it.  That said, I did feel like characters I liked out Melee got worse in Brawl to where I just couldn't play them.

I watch that. I played Melee this past summer and I can only enjoy that game is short bursts. That may be explain why I play it like 3 time max per year. Same kinda goes with Brawl.

If there's still online for Brawl, I might play longer but 3 thing things (well 2 things) is Lag, Tripping and how slow Brawl is in general.

Have to find time to watch that technical analysis vid.

41 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I watch that. I played Melee this past summer and I can only enjoy that game is short bursts. That may be explain why I play it like 3 time max per year. Same kinda goes with Brawl.

If there's still online for Brawl, I might play longer but 3 thing things (well 2 things) is Lag, Tripping and how slow Brawl is in general.

Have to find time to watch that technical analysis vid.

Brawl did play slow, no doubt.  And noticeably slower than Melee.  I liked being able to take Smash online via Brawl because that meant I could still get up some multi with the game.  But some of the characters in Melee I could  use got so slow in Brawl I felt they were unplayable so I had to move on.  Brawl just put out some better fighters for me.  Smash 4 though, fixed some of those issues even i do still have some issues playing Ganon and a few others.

Don't wanna sound elitist but I knew this and I own like more than half the Smash amiibo my goal is the get the rest of Smash Ultimate amiibo whenever they release besides Ridley and Wolf.

It's cool the package changed and all be but besides that if anyone like to re-buy these, go right ahead but it pointless for me.

It's funny these changes I know about them back in the summer and this was by accident, I'm not even following/hunting amiib like I do back in the day. So this news was not much to to get overjoyed about but it is what it is, at least for me.

35 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Don't wanna sound elitist but I knew this and I own like more than half the Smash amiibo my goal is the get the rest of Smash Ultimate amiibo whenever they release besides Ridley and Wolf.

It's cool the package changed and all be but besides that if anyone like to re-buy these, go right ahead but it pointless for me.

It's funny these changes I know about them back in the summer and this was by accident, I'm not even following/hunting amiib like I do back in the day. So this news was not much to to get overjoyed about but it is what it is, at least for me.

Ohh, no way I rebuy the first run just for a change in packaging.  Now that the packing is actually different I am not so... mad that my Mario was way overpriced as my sealed set matches the "first run."

I'm cool with the new ones for the new game having different packaging.

6 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Grinch leak, Wendy's, WTF?!?

Grinch Leak is sort of what it's being referred to. Apparently leak of final roster with 7 newcomers on it (5 and 2 likely Echo).

Wendy's jumped on the trend and made that because their twitter game is on point.

"Grinch Leak"

Spoiler

Here's who they're saying is coming

Spoiler

Last chance

Spoiler

Okay I warned you

Spoiler

https://nintendowire.com/news/2018/10/24/rumor-new-leak-potentially-reveals-every-smash-bros-ultimate-newcomer/

Isaac - Golden Sun

Shadow the Hedgehog

Ken - Street Fighter

Geno

Chorus Kids - Rhythm Heaven

Banjo-Kazooie

Mach Rider

Edited by EH_STEVE
11 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Grinch Leak is sort of what it's being referred to. Apparently leak of final roster with 7 newcomers on it (5 and 2 likely Echo).

Wendy's jumped on the trend and made that because their twitter game is on point.

"Grinch Leak"

Hide contents

Here's who they're saying is coming

Hide contents

Last chance

Hide contents

Okay I warned you

Hide contents

https://nintendowire.com/news/2018/10/24/rumor-new-leak-potentially-reveals-every-smash-bros-ultimate-newcomer/

Isaac - Golden Sun

Shadow the Hedgehog

Ken - Street Fighter

Geno

Chorus Kids - Rhythm Heaven

Banjo-Kazooie

Mach Rider

Ah, heard about that along with the two Nintendo Directs next month. One regular and Smash one. I can't remember if they mention all those character. I'm pretty they didn't mentioned Camelot rep, the Rare rep and another Nintendo Retro rep. I think the rumor I'm talking about came from 4chan

And you're right about Wendy's Twitter game on point, that and Arby's too.