Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

Came out last night.

Awesome rendition of this Pokémon ORAS theme. Makes me really want to kick some ass.

34 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Just wondering, who would be okay if no more Newcomers were announced?

Every since Smash direct in August I was fine with what they showed as much as I still want fighters like Geno. I am content with Isabelle as the recent addition.

3 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Came out last night.

Awesome rendition of this Pokémon ORAS theme. Makes me really want to kick some ass.

Every since Smash direct in August I was fine with what they showed as much as I still want fighters like Geno. I am content with Isabelle as the recent addition.

We've already had at least three Mii Fighter costumes become full characters--I'd say Geno is very likely. He's a one-shot NPC from an old and obscure third-party spinoff... but Sakurai likes him, and has said that he's excited to be working on Ultimate because a roster like this will never be possible again.

So I'd say Geno's in as a guilty pleasure incentive to get Sakurai through this project. Kind of like echo fighters. And though I hate this character who does not deserve to be in Smash in any way, I won't complain--I would've been satisfied if this was just a glorified port. Everything else has been above and beyond. Sakurai deserves to have fun (but I will continue to complain about the gross naked alligator man).

It seems like we’re 67 days away from release...

Days are slowly going going by...

Well, it’s the estimate from what I came down to, anyway...

Though, I wonder when we’ll next see any new info....? (Either from a regular Nintendo direct or full Smash direct) Very curios thought

Hm...

Pretty good but they cheaped out on R.O.B. and why put K Rool in there is beyond me. He wasn't even in the everybody is here trailer. If you're gonna add him where's Isabelle?

And as a matter fact, I don't think I seen Villager in this video? I guess there's nothing animated with me. Is there anyone else I might missed they didn't show in the video?

• 2 weeks later...