Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

Interesting...

He wasn't asked this question he just mentioned he wasn't to record new lines for the new characters before Melee and the ones after Brawl.

There's still time but if this anything like the Wii U, there's precedent for this with the DLC characters not getting additional lines on Palutena's Temple Guidance analysis.

But besides, with this game being called ultimate, it wouldn't be ultimate if they did not record the new line. Just sayin'. 

Yeah, could be either/or. Smash will definitely lose a certain part of its personality though if there’s no more codecs. At the very least, I would want the Star Fox ones to be reused, in the event of no Snake or Palutena’s Guidance.

Speaking of, I understood Palutena had to get a different english VA for Ultimate anyway due to something with the union or non-union VA’s (forget which), but would still like to see the return of the codecs if possible. If not, I’ll happily make due with the fanmade ones on youtube, but would still be a shame if they don’t return.

Sweet! I was able snag Canadian PO of Smash Pro Switch Controller from BB.

Here's the link to the controller:https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/nintendo-switch-super-smash-bros-ultimate-edition-pro-controller/13009031.aspx?

And the link for the bundles, any fellow Canadians: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/super-smash-bros-ultimate-special-edition-switch/13009208.aspx?

I missed the EBGames one last week Monday, I would like to get PO there but that sold out in hour or two and as of this post, it's been up for the last 3hrs.

If you PO the bundle from BB you get special edition coin while supplies last.

Now some fans of the echo fighters we got are a bit more peeved that their characters didn't get to be more different when Isabelle gets to be a fully unique fighter, but given that like most of Japan doesn't even know what a Dark Samus is, I would still consider her and the lot lucky to be in at all. Understand where some of them are coming from though.

But yeah, Isabelle's a nice addition regardless. Certainly happy for some friends that are fans of her.

Isabelle may not strictly be an echo but she seems to be a semi-clone though, right? Something along the lines of Fox/Falco or Marth/Roy—similar moves but not straight up copies. She clearly uses a Pocket move like the Villager, and has the same Final Smash. I don't know where I was going with this; I never even played New Leaf but I still think Isabelle will be a fun addition to Smash.

56 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

I wonder if there’s a chance we’ll see a Smash Dock + Joy-con Bundle at some point....?

There’s one for the Let’s Go games (....well, in Japan anyway....) so I wonder if it’s possible for this one, too?

I’d probably end up buying it...

Having more Joy-con on hand wouldn’t hurt, actually....

You didnt see the Smash bundle in the Direct?  Dock is nice, but the joy cons are......la.......uninspired.

2 hours ago, Art_de_Cat said:

You didnt see the Smash bundle in the Direct?  Dock is nice, but the joy cons are......la.......uninspired.

Yes, I saw, but I currently have a Switch - so I can’t say I really need this

I mean, if I didn’t already have a Switch and had the cash for it, then I probably would get it

but in Japan it seems like the Dock/Joy-Cons will be sold separately, especially with this couple of highlights from the comment section:

So that’s kind of what I was referring to the Dock/Joy-cons, and curious if the same could happen and be possible for Smash?

Granted, If there is one to exist, they may have mentioned it in the Direct.... unless it’s being kept under wraps until later on? I don’t know, honestly....

Granted my thoughts and direction on this could be completely wrong and be completely nothing at all

It’s just a random thought and wonder, after all - so I doubt it does much harm in the end...

Edited by Shadow118
1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

I'm on the fence of being a reach and being real.... although I get the speculation's point of view...

IN short, it feels like its capping at 72.

If it were just a theory on newcomers, I could believe that Smash Ultimate only has 2 newcomers left to reveal before release likely being Geno and Isaac/Bandana Waddle Dee. The fact that the theory includes echo fighters though makes me think it's not real. There are two obvious echo fighters in Ken and Shadow the Hedgehog, especially given that Castlevania saw two reps right out of the gate. I also am thinking that there will be another Smash Direct that details that mystery mode and expect the Direct to be structured a lot like the last one which gave Ultimate 5 new characters to the roster (2 newcomers, 3 echoes). I don't see them going below the standard that the first Smash Direct set with just 2 new character additions. Smash Ultimate is the defining Nintendo game of 2018, it really should keep its momentum going strong. It's not a good look to go from 5 reveals to 2 regardless of whoever those two could be.