Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

So in light of tomorrow's Nindie Direct, people are talking about the possibility of the reveal of a certain half-genie belly dancer. There's a case to be made, I think, what with Wayforward's odd silence surrounding Shantae in Smash this time around, especially given they were so vocal about it during the Ballot. 

I'm not daring to hope. But if it happens, man... 

Spoiler

Image result for shantae smash bros

3 minutes ago, Laclipsey said:

So in light of tomorrow's Nindie Direct, people are talking about the possibility of the reveal of a certain half-genie belly dancer. There's a case to be made, I think, what with Wayforward's odd silence surrounding Shantae in Smash this time around, especially given they were so vocal about it during the Ballot. 

I'm not daring to hope. But if it happens, man... 

Hide contents

Image result for shantae smash bros

I doubt Shovel gets playable as he is an assist trophy.  Shantae could be interesting...

3 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I doubt Shovel gets playable as he is an assist trophy.  Shantae could be interesting...

Oh, I was just referring to Shovel Knight being in the game at all. :P Shovel Knight's an assist trophy and that's not likely to change anytime soon. There's still hope for Shantae though. Though next to the likes of Isaac and Skull Kid I'd say her chances are pretty low. 

6 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

I think I heard you can get the controller separate, I would get that in heartbeat even tho I already own a pro controller. That's a pro design controller I can finally get down with. I wasn't impressed withe Splatoon 2 one, the XC2 was close but I didn't like pink handles, that was it but even tho the handles are white here, I don't care it goes well with the already black look of the pro controller.

I already have the game PO, I already have Wii U GC adapter and 3 GC controllers one of them is the Smash one from the Wii U and I have 3rd party one that works funny when I plug it in the adapter so I really have 3 so. I don't need another adapter or the Smash GC for Ultimate. I actually like the one from Wii U better, anyways.

So that's that and so far this is not in Canada, i checked everywhere.

5 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

DlkURN7U8AAvNrJ.jpg

Always go with Link's Company.lhappy; (Three's Company)

That's a cool achievement but what matter who holds on to those PO and get the game. I'm not trying to takeaway how awesome that is to reach the but then there will be the pullback when it's all said in done how many picked it up and another most bought game of 2018 will take its place.

Rumored bundle with a themed dock and themed JCs.

Not sure how I feel about the quality of the pics in the leak as the image looks enough suspect that its borderline, then again, the new pro is basically black and white and this dock and JC set appear to be on the black, white, and gray theme so....

I thought this was interesting to bring up today's spotlight fighter on the Smash Blog in English and English Japanese translation.

English (spotlight for Peach)

Capture111111111.PNG.0afcc44a56b83529328ba6aca03960df.PNG

English Japanese translation by Google (spotlight for Peach)

Capture22222222.PNG.59d9118d452c211655dee88fd6476bee.PNG

Okay, now every post blog post that showcase a character in Japanese also show highlight game they are from. In this case they mention Super Princess Peach on DS.

Notice the reference of Super Princess Peach in the English speaking one.

GENO, GENO, GENO!!!

Geno is the next fighter to be revealed in Super Smash Bros Ulitmate. 

It has to be in next direct, we are due for a normal one and we're still 3 months out for its release worldwide.  

In the last Smash direct last month Sakurai said, 'all characters will be announced before release worldwide in December' so between normal direct and Smash ones spaced out, the next direct is a normal one and Geno will be announced in that direct.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/super_smash_bros_ultimate_demo_events_taking_place_in_best_buy_across_america_next_week

So... guess there is a US demo event for this game, but it's far more limited. There will only be 10 Best Buy stores in the country. Even if you're lucky enough to live in range of one of them, the traffic is going to be far worse than the previous demo event, which already had me spending hours in line.