Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

I really like how the made the characters so self aware while also taking little jabs here and there at roster critics.  When I saw the playtime for the video I presumed it would be a bit long in the tooth for whatever could be funny about Chrom finally getting his chance.  But I was wrong, well worth the watch. ;)

14 minutes ago, Kezay said:

I really like how the made the characters so self aware while also taking little jabs here and there at roster critics.  When I saw the playtime for the video I presumed it would be a bit long in the tooth for whatever could be funny about Chrom finally getting his chance.  But I was wrong, well worth the watch. ;)

Yeah, well worth the 4 minutes.

Chrom is priceless, with what he thinks he knows and Robin doesn't make it better but that's just who Robin. Always, two steps ahead.:P

30 minutes ago, Kezay said:

This is great!

Now, I'm starting to see where that video I post got it's idea with the whole Smash Ball thing. But yeah, this aged now but also foreseen Chrom's FS as well.

23 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

Right. Nothing against any of the KI characters, but I love how terribly that codec has aged now.

viridi-btfo.jpg

That smirk, tho.

13 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Anyone else notice that none of the character introduction videos have any voice acting?

There’s music and sound effects, but no voices.

I'm pretty sure Richter Belmont yells "You don't belong in this world monster", or something like that. 

But yeah most most of these characters don't talk anyways.

1 hour ago, The Albraskan said:

I'm pretty sure Richter Belmont yells "You don't belong in this world monster", or something like that. 

But yeah most most of these characters don't talk anyways.

I think ty is talking about the character vid for each character on the Smash Bros website.

But yeah, each of those vids are just music and sound effects.

Nintendo Everything - Famitsu, Sakurai Column

Lots of good stuff especially about certain game modes, the work that goes into Echo fighters and how they're not exact clones and many other things as it relates to the Smash Direct earlier this month.

For example:

King K. Rool Comes Aboard!

When deciding what fighters would be included in this game, we used Smash for Wii U/3DS’ character survey as reference. Ultimately, we found that King K. Rool from the Donkey Kong Country series was one of the most popular picks! In the reveal, I felt it’d be better if I left room for imagination, so I didn’t really explain his moveset or the character’s peculiarities.

To capture King K. Rool’s likeness, I based his fighter on the fact that he “stands upright.” Yet because of the height limit, I had to make him a little smaller compared to his original appearance, so he’s not exactly to scale – sorry about that.

lol, yeah Sakurai did apologize. Not that he needs to but I'm sure there are some super anal fans out there that would make an issue of whether or not the character is true to form. But yeah, K. Rool's shield is huge in that video. Makes me want to peruse some Ridley videos to see how big his is.

On 8/24/2018 at 4:57 PM, DLurkster said:

Dead meme revival?

That volume increase at the end, haha!  This is all kinds of greatness!  This track though, it's amazing how well the Smash team remixes and creates new renditions of classic tunes.

1 hour ago, WING-X said:

If this is the real deal I wonder when we'll get details on it?  But a bundle makes sense especially with Nintendo's Switch hardware forecast.  I'm sure they're gonna have a lot going on through the holidays to help them hit that number and this would go a long way to helping that happen.

Edited by Kezay
9 hours ago, Kezay said:

That volume increase at the end, haha!  This is all kinds of greatness!  This track though, it's amazing how well the Smash team remixes and creates new renditions of classic tunes.

What I enjoyed bonuses: Klaptrap on the drums spinning around and eventually going off-screen, K. Rool Sunglass coming off and at the end DK and Diddy crying at the very end.

11 hours ago, WING-X said:

I seen this video but what I think what makes this fake outside anyone could of mock this is date of Ultimate release, that is Dec. 7th. Two problems here if this bundle releases on December 7th, Nintendo missed the biggest opportunity to sell this on Black Friday. Why would they do that. The other aspect is if this does release early what's stopping anyone playing this game early unless it's digital and you'll do update to play the game on December 7th. I know Nintendo does pre-loads but how will this work with bundle being sold before the worldwide release date just so this can sell on Black Friday.

You see no matter how much we want this I don't see how this is plausible unless someone can point out to me where Nintendo made a system bundle in the last 5 years since they have done pre-loads, would allow consumer to DL game not be able to play until update on official release? This just seems to implausible to be true even this something they should. Even without the biggest holiday of the year wasn't a factor is still odd to DL and update day of official release but the holiday factor really hamper this being not the case.