Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

I wonder if Nintendo will release "Super Smash Bros: Ultimate - Ultimate Edition"

-Full game - $80

-Full roster of amiibos and P2 variants - 67 characters + 6 echoes = 73 - Let's say 80 to be safe. Discounted price of $10/each = $800

-Artbook

-Soundtrack

-Fancy (big ass) box

$1000 (CAD, so like $750 USD)

And I bet they'd sell out.

19 hours ago, blcdude1 said:

While I could see Ken as an Echo Fighter as well, I meant to suggest that I'd like to see a Street Fighter or Final Fantasy Assist Trophy. The other third party series get Assist Trophy representation, but I don't think we've seen any Street Fighter or Final Fantasy Assist Trophies yet.

Ah, I see what you meant, missed that earlier.  You're right though, those series don't have assist trophies.  Particularly surprising with FF since there is so much material they could pull to make that happen but SF has elements they could certainly choose from, too.

When I think long-shot Legend of Zelda characters, I look to the handheld Zeldas, the characters who couldn't even garner an appearance in Hyrule Warriors. You got the likes of Vaati, Onox and Veran.

I see them as far more likely for a Hyrule Warriors 2 than Smash. It'd be nice to see them remembered in some form- perhaps as a trophy- but I don't see much beyond that happening.

Now, with that said, we haven't had a new Legend of Zelda representative in Smash since Toon Link's debut in Brawl. It's been awhile, and they certainly have characters they could pull from and feature.

12 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

While I don't think Dark Samus' status in Smash will change Tanabe's mind on being done with her in the Prime sub-series, it will at least be interesting to see what content her amiibo could provide for Prime 4 or anything in the future. I could see a Dark Samus amiibo unlocking a bonus harder mode, like what the Metroid amiibo unlocked for Samus Returns, but who knows.

I would be interested to see what a Dark Samus amiibo would do in games like Metroid: Samus Returns and Metroid Prime: Federation Force, more so the latter. I expect it will have functionality with Prime 4, but would have a problem with that. It would either suggest Dark Samus's or Phazon's presence within the new game or it would lead to complaints from other Metroid fans that there's Dark Samus amiibo functionality but no Dark Samus. Beyond that, I do want to see what such support would do in Prime 4. I do hope it's more interesting than the amiibo support that MSR got, but I think there isn't much they can really do within a traditional Metroid game experience either.

17 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

DkGziPrX4AImpJJ?format=jpg

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact that every single character is going to have a unique animation for angrily being driven away in Kapp'ns bus?

Now I can't stop thinking if Kapp'ns bus will continue to drive straight forward over pits till it gets to the blast zone, or if it'll fall into the abyss once it leaves solid ground? I'm real curious to see what happens, especially on Tortimor Island. 

3 hours ago, purple_beard said:

I saw the big boxed package with the panorama portrait of everyone, but not the steel book case. I love the interior of it, but the outer cover feels pretty plain. Still really nice that Super Smash Bros Ultimate is getting one, even if it's for Europe so far.

26 minutes ago, The Albraskan said:

I saw the big boxed package with the panorama portrait of everyone, but not the steel book case. I love the interior of it, but the outer cover feels pretty plain. Still really nice that Super Smash Bros Ultimate is getting one, even if it's for Europe so far.

I like the shiny black with the Smash logo on fire but I do agree that the inside is aesthetically better.

I already had a PO in on the game and did one for 1 GC controller already in anticipation of something getting announced about a custom colored Pro Controller or JC to use with the game.  I already have the GC adapter and controller from the last Smash bundle so I don't need a 2nd adapter and going for second "Smash" GNC controller is merely a function of wanting a 1st party newly made GCN controller.  The bundle isn't enticing me yet....but ... depending on the price.... and if it would apply to my BBY GCU discount I might go that way instead.... but.... who knows....

Anyone else think Geno, Banjo or both will be coming in the next Smash Direct? I feel Ultimate will have one of those two revealed next time Sakurai covers the game. He definitely seems to be going towards big fan requests for this one. I think Shadow will be an echo of Sonic...I don't believe we've seen him as an assist trophy yet. The inclusion of two Castlevania reps has opened the door for more third party presence, so I'd imagine Ken and Jeanne are coming for Ryu and Bayonetta respectively. They could go Akuma instead of Ken if they wanted to go for even more villains. I hope though that Chun-Li comes in as an assist trophy. I would also like to see Sylux appear as an assist trophy, as I feel the door closed for the character as playable with Dark Samus being treated as a Samus echo fighter as opposed to a brand new fighter. There's room there since Dark Samus is no longer an assist trophy for Metroid.

Going by Gamexplains video, the Tomodachi Life stage is also brought back 

Im curios if it’ll work the same way and use Miis that are on your system like it did previously?

Also on that note, although it’s possible they would’ve mentioned it already, but I wonder if the Mii costumes will be returning?

Its been quite awhile since I’ve played the 3DS version, but I don’t recall offhand that they gave any stat boosts or buffs, so I doubt it would hurt too much...?

12 hours ago, IU said:

Anyone else think Geno, Banjo or both will be coming in the next Smash Direct? I feel Ultimate will have one of those two revealed next time Sakurai covers the game. He definitely seems to be going towards big fan requests for this one. I think Shadow will be an echo of Sonic...I don't believe we've seen him as an assist trophy yet. The inclusion of two Castlevania reps has opened the door for more third party presence, so I'd imagine Ken and Jeanne are coming for Ryu and Bayonetta respectively. They could go Akuma instead of Ken if they wanted to go for even more villains. I hope though that Chun-Li comes in as an assist trophy. I would also like to see Sylux appear as an assist trophy, as I feel the door closed for the character as playable with Dark Samus being treated as a Samus echo fighter as opposed to a brand new fighter. There's room there since Dark Samus is no longer an assist trophy for Metroid.

Shadow was an assist trophy and did chaos control when activated.