Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

@Kezay: I've seen those vids floating around, I rather see the real deal when the game comes plus I hope they do the rest of the character the premiered in Smash Wii U. It won't be enough if they just do the new characters in Ultimate. This also applies for Palutena Guidance, there were no guidance for the DLC characters in Smash Wii U.

With that said tho, I want hear the complete roster for both of these specific character taunt exclusive stages convos, the recording that were in the past game don't need to be recorded but if this game get DLC character, I hope it is not too much trouble add their convos in as update. Like, I understand why it couldn't be it was such a bother to have that incompleted when those convos were so good.

I've been looking at the Japanese translate Smash Ultimate site for anything that is translate something unsavory but no avail.

The moment I see one I'll paste here, tho the one translate for Pichu today deserve a honorable mention. If read out of context.

Also, been watch old Smash vids from 64 and Melee and I didn't realized I missed this from those game is the bonus rewards you get in classic mode and match results; like: capsule KO, Edge Hog, Instant Poser, Immortal, Impervious, Master of Disaster and Master of Suspense.

I'd like to see those return to Ultimate (it would be neat as 20th anniversary thing) as inconsequential that was in single player it was neat seeing these bonuses nonetheless.

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

@Kezay: I've seen those vids floating around, I rather see the real deal when the game comes plus I hope they do the rest of the character the premiered in Smash Wii U. It won't be enough if they just do the new characters in Ultimate. This also applies for Palutena Guidance, there were no guidance for the DLC characters in Smash Wii U.

With that said tho, I want hear the complete roster for both of these specific character taunt exclusive stages convos, the recording that were in the past game don't need to be recorded but if this game get DLC character, I hope it is not too much trouble add their convos in as update. Like, I understand why it couldn't be it was such a bother to have that incompleted when those convos were so good.

If they're gonna do the Codecs again they'll probably do every character up and through Ultimate.  They already have Hayter on board, so might as well.  Besides, these are just parodies anyway.

9 minutes ago, Kezay said:

If they're gonna do the Codecs again they'll probably do every character up and through Ultimate.  They already have Hayter on board, so might as well.  Besides, these are just parodies anyway.

Yeah, I seen the tweet he's coming back to reprise his role as Snake, I just hope that includes rest of the characters after Brawl.

So if you played as the Miis in Sm4sh, you'll know that their victory theme is the same jingle as the Sm4sh theme.

So will the Miis victory theme for Ultimate be the Ultimates' theme?

The question is where will take the theme from there to be victory theme, for Sm4sh that was easy it was basically the start of the Sm4sh theme.

I think they may take from this section in theme:

Listen where I started the vid to 1:13, am I way off or close what they might use?

• 2 weeks later...

No real translated to English worthy news but I like this F-Zero medley music update, tho.

Today's Music

You can now listen to "F-Zero Medley." Takenobu Mitsuyoshi arranged and also sang the song for this version. The medley consists of DEATH WIND, FIRE FIELD, and perhaps more...

Takenobu Mitsuyoshi has composed music for SEGA games like Shemune and Virtua Fighter.

Going full circle with Sega helpled developed the last console F-Zero game, cool.

Edited by DLurkster

Even tho to some these updates are not new, it's nice that each week get small samples of the music in this game. That's the thing I look forward the most each week because of how most know about the game with it's chars, gameplay and some stages. The music in Smash great and I'm glad we don't know much about it. This sort of how it was in the Brawl Dojo days where music updates were present.

7 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

Good to see Peach’s Castle from Melee returning too.

If you did not watch much of the treehouse livestream at E3, this stage was confirm back then. Just to let you know.

Awesome it is back tho, dat lighting on that stage really shows how far it has come.

1 hour ago, Kezay said:

The F-Zero medley is pretty great. I like how it samples Fire Field for the part when the vocals kick in. ;)

Fire Field was a pain the ASS on the original game. ...It wasn't the turns, it was the landmines!

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=amiibo&tref=typeahead|term|0|amiibo|||&lnk=snav_ta_amiibo&category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories

Target still taking those POs on the new Smash Amiibos....

Also PlayAsia and YesAsia are taking POs on the new ones and reprints from the initial line for some of them.

https://www.play-asia.com/search/amiibo

https://www.yesasia.com/us/search/amiibo/0-0-0-bpt.48_q.amiibo-en/list.html

Edited by purple_beard

Unless I missed, there's been no Canadian PO for Wolf and Ridley. I've been checking amiibo reddit Canada and no sighting to my knowledge. Probably a few more weeks and I'll forget as usual. *Sigh*

I already have Inkling girl amiibo, I don't need another even if it isn't Smash certified. Plus as confirmed in the E3 Smash Ultimate direct any amiibo not associated to Smash Ultimate, that is character in the game, their amiibo will work in that game, anyways. So no need for me to get another girl Inkling.

Edited by DLurkster
1 minute ago, DLurkster said:

I already have Inkling girl amiibo, I don't need another even if it isn't Smash certified. Plus as confirmed in the E3 Smash Ultimate direct any amiibo not associated to Smash Ultimate, that is character in the game, their amiibo will work in that game, anyways. So no need for me to get another girl Inkling.

I did Inkling Girl but....  I am seriously considering doing this:

amiibo-boy.png

From wave 3 Splatoon so matches this skin in Ultimate:

hqdefault.jpg

That I might import that color scheme because it would match so close to it.....  I'm in love with that skull bandanna.

Just now, purple_beard said:

I did Inkling Girl but....  I am seriously considering doing this:

amiibo-boy.png

From wave 3 Splatoon so matches this skin in Ultimate:

hqdefault.jpg

That I might import that color scheme because it would match so close to it.....  I'm in love with that skull bandanna.

I say do it but if you had this in your thoughts already, you were already gonna get him....right?flower;

Tho, I must warn you those amiibo are a bit hard to find at MSRP. Let's see what I can find on him....

Just now, DLurkster said:

I say do it but if you had this in your thoughts already, you were already gonna get him....right?flower;

Tho, I must warn you those amiibo are a bit hard to find at MSRP. Let's see what I can find on him....

PlayAsia bro.....   amazon market place has crazy talk prices.

Just now, purple_beard said:

PlayAsia bro.....   amazon market place has crazy talk prices.

Here's one at play-asia price on Amazon.

For a import, this is not too bad: https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-amiibo-Inkling-Splatoon-Wii-U/dp/B072BX729K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1532574195&sr=8-2&keywords=inkling+boy+amiibo

I guess it's just easy find imports for a bigger country than Canada. Dammit tho.

• 2 weeks later...

The way Smash 4 "died" at that EVO grand finale with the crowd booing and leaving makes me even more hopeful that Bayonetta will get the nerfs she needs for Ultimate, because if she's still as broken, then Ultimate I fear won't get too much of a chance to take off competitively, and it'll just be Melee or something in the future like usual. I don't know, but this was a sad end to a game (SSB4) if I ever saw one.