Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I'm going to be honest, the Wolf amiibo looks worse than any starting Smash FE amiibo. I thought anime looking amiibo look bad but it's like they nuke wolf in a microwave for a bit.

He better look better come release.

Dh3w6TFVAAAjRv-.jpg:large

Wolf looks sick... with those paws in that pose... and his clothing is legit as well.

Edited by purple_beard
Just now, purple_beard said:

Yeah, bro. Newer amiibo have always been priced like that since 2015 or I believe.

I'm not surprised or shocked, I got over that adjustment especially when in Canada that is $20. You guys down there have nothing to complain from us up north.

1 minute ago, purple_beard said:

Wolf looks sick... with those paws in that pose... and his clothing is legit as well.

I'd admit his clothes is sick (it's based on Star Fox Zero like Fox Falco are too) but click his pick and you'll see what I mean that outside his clothes his fur look like it's melting and ruins the Wolf amiibo for me completely as of right now. I really hope they fix that and there's chance there might be maybe.

1 minute ago, DLurkster said:

Yeah, bro. Newer amiibo have always been priced like that since 2015 or I believe.

I'm not surprised or shocked, I got over that adjustment especially when in Canada that is $20. You guys down there have nothing to complain from us up north.

Naw, just those more deluxe ones... the Mario Odyssey ones were $13.. same with Splatoons....  but BotW ones were $16.  Previously only the Yarn Yoshis or the giant ones ( Detective Pikachu, Guardian, Mega Yarn Yoshi ) had been higher than the standard $13.

The great amiibo wave is coming to take over retail again later this year! XD

That's pretty cool though and it will give me another chance to pick up some I've been thinking about but decided not to pull the trigger on first time around.  Loving that Ridley amiibo though!

3 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Naw, just those more deluxe ones... the Mario Odyssey ones were $13.. same with Splatoons....  but BotW ones were $16.  Previously only the Yarn Yoshis or the giant ones ( Detective Pikachu, Guardian, Mega Yarn Yoshi ) had been higher than the standard $13.

Oh yeah, you're right about those price the BotW ones were $20 up here. So $15.99 is weird. Ah dammit we've been amiibo taxed now. It was bad enough from scalpers and now Nintendo is getting in on this.

Why?!?

Though like the original 8 Sm4sh amiibo if you can find them in retail, their prices are $9.99. I think those are the only amiibo in history that are below $10, tho.

Edited by DLurkster
8 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I'd admit his clothes is sick (it's based on Star Fox Zero like Fox Falco are too) but click his pick and you'll see what I mean that outside his clothes his fur look like it's melting and ruins the Wolf amiibo for me completely as of right now. I really hope they fix that and there's chance there might be maybe.

61d+fX-vO5L._SX342_.jpg

They went with more flair than they did for the fur on Wolf Link

Or the  Smash & Mario Kongs.

Edited by purple_beard
2 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

61d+fX-vO5L._SX342_.jpg

They went with more flair than they did for the fur on Wolf Link

Or the  Smash 7 Mario Kongs.

Hmm, I don't have DK amiibo yet, but that will change soon. I do obviously had Wolf Link. And I prefer this fine comb look than this Wolf amiibo.

Hmm, I guess it has to grow on me.

16 minutes ago, Kezay said:

The great amiibo wave is coming to take over retail again later this year! XD

That's pretty cool though and it will give me another chance to pick up some I've been thinking about but decided not to pull the trigger on first time around.  Loving that Ridley amiibo though!

Amiibogeddon getting more sequels!

That is a pretty legit Wave 1 though....

It will be interesting to see how they do amiibo waves for new and returnees and also how those time windows might work within DLC release windows.

I think with some of these new characters, the desire to own might be crazier than the original runs......  Might have to look into those preorder apps LOL.

I got a feeling that Ridley, Snake, and Ice Climbers will be the tough ones to score.  Pichu, Daisy, and Wolf..... might be a tad easier.... well.... maybe Wolf might be a tough out to... come to think of it.

Pokemon Trainer will be interesting... the final form of how this will work will be the key, but I bet this one will also be a tough out.

Edited by purple_beard
1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

I was randomly watching some scenes from the Smash Wii U the 50 fact extravaganza direct and then it hit me...no VC no masterpieces.

We know Nintendo Switch Online is coming in September and that there will be subscription to 20 classic NES titles. Some of those game announced for that service have appeared masterpieces in previous Smash titles as Brawl and Sm4sh.

How and if will this work in Ultimate? Will there be no masterpiece?

Did anyone ever actually play masterpieces much? I feel like even for the average player they probably weren't much more than a novelty, and for most people on the forum we probably already own or have played most, if not all, of the masterpiece games. The concept was kind of neat but playing Super Mario Bros. for two minutes is pretty underwhelming as a game feature.

6 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

Did anyone ever actually play masterpieces much? I feel like even for the average player they probably weren't much more than a novelty, and for most people on the forum we probably already own or have played most, if not all, of the masterpiece games. The concept was kind of neat but playing Super Mario Bros. for two minutes is pretty underwhelming as a game feature.

You make a good point, only brought it up not because VC, it seem like masterpieces was a bit of mainstay for the series even tho it was only in two of the four entries.

Plus, with Smash being a museum all thing gaming with Nintendo despite the limited play session I though it was a nice touch to the series.

Not sure why but was in the mood to listen to some tunes from the Tokyo Mirage Sessions OST and I gotta say, what are the odds that this game gets a character representation in Smash?  Just not sure who would be the best fit.  Granted, Itsuki is the protagonist but considering the form he takes on at the end of the game I think it might be enough of a conflict with another character that it doesn't go through.  After all, what would his Final Smash be in that case?

If nothing else, it would be nice to have some songs from the game represented in Smash at least.