Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Do you ever see people harassing the developers to put PacMan into Project X Zone? Or to put Howard the Duck into Marvel vs Capcom? Or to put the Brothers Flub into Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island? No!

What is it about Smash as a crossover game that draws out so much drama from people?

Probably being the biggest crossover game series of all time, if not arguably the biggest crossover ever (move aside MCU), so it makes people that much more loud and passionate about wanting to see a dream character of theirs included. Individual devs are guilty of trying to bother Sakurai or whoever to put their character in Smash too, since it'd be free marketing for them, though lets not pretend Marvel vs Capcom didn't get a lot of drama with like Infinite and stuff.

Edited by Ridley Prime
1 hour ago, Ridley Prime said:

image0.jpg.655c0d6b9bad1cd20d48c0d258d959a3.jpg

Curious as to whether this which sparked much debate from earlier will be shown in the Wednesday morning livestream. If real I'm definitely getting that Cacodemon Mii hat costume, regardless of Doomguy's fate within the game. Just happy in hindsight to see any Doom content at all in which case.

First pic of that leak I have seen the last two days after hearing about it.  They do look cool but I wonder how real it actually is.

no new fighters brought up..... man if so, and this is 45m.....  WDF.....

Edited by purple_beard

I haven't watched this but what can possibly fill in the 45 minutes, if there's no new character reveals (I expected that because that should be saved for the video game awards in December next month) or new modes?

17 hours ago, purple_beard said:

That is incredible when you watch this video in contrast.