Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

29 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

BTW, did this update break the "Shared Contend"? I when I search for content I created (even by ID code) nothing comes up (yes I have uploaded some stuff). Also, when I search for content from friends, a lot of content I know they have uploaded doesn't show up. Also, when I went online after the update, it made me re-agree to the rules again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway....

OMG, I love Banjo-Kazooie so much! It's so great finally having them in Smash. Though, I haet how their stage spins around. It totally fucks with my eyes and makes me a little dizzy. @_@ 

Their side smash makes me LOL so much! :D 

Update #5 killed older stuff?

I like Banjo's stage a lot.  The rotating effect make it one of the more unique experiences for stages in the game so far.

I've been experiencing weird issues with my pro ccs possibly but I had to go pro tonight I seened to activate the invincible rush attack more than I though I was actually wanting to use it.

I am fine with Terry, but....

What is that base stage from?  I mean, in did have a KoF logo I believe on the floor.  I was really hoping for an OG 16/32 bit Neo Geo looking stage looking like it was straight out of his original games of that era.

Poor Geno.

I see they also brought back Home-Run Contest, and is better than ever. Now I'm content enough as far as the modes present, though if they add anymore in any future updates I won't complain. Even adding some more touches/options to the stage builder would still be welcomed, though I think things are mostly fine enough now, apart from maybe online connectivity strength but haven't played awhile in that area to see, though is gonna change soon.

Played as Hero and Banjo for the first time, and probably put about 2 hours in between the two. Hero makes me think I should pick up the new Dragon Quest game coming out. That move set with all the spells feels great and satisfying to combo, so there's potential there that he may become my most played at some point. I like Banjo's rear egg move and like what they went with for the 8th skin. I know it's based on the witch, but it reminds me more of Frankenstein's monster a little and will be very appealing for me when Halloween gets closer. I might end up making Smash a Halloween experience between Monster Banjo, Castlevania, Bayonetta and Luigi's Mansion. 

That reminds me, Ridley being unlocked at Dracula's Castle in World of Light will never not be awesome, which fit well with the theme of the place, although not a vampire.

Got Banjo who I'm content enough with. His side special is pretty powerful, putting even ones like Charizard's to shame, which makes me thankful that Ridley's can still grab him depending on the timing.

Banjo's side B even goes through fully charged shots like Samus and Mii Gunners'. For a move that can only be used five times per stock, guess it would have to be stronger than average to compensate. Also like some of the moves Banjo shares with Ridley, from the d-air to the down smash, and the back air being basically Ridley's forward air. To say he resonates with me is an understatement. With how happy I am with him, I'll be more than fine if he's the only character I end up getting from the first fighter pass.

Edited by Ridley Prime
5 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

This may sound mean but it feels like one day, the whole “We did it for Iwata” will just be something Nintendo says about almost any project since it gets the easy feels points. 

Regardless, it’s legitimate right now with Ultimate. Can guess that Iwata knew a good bit about this game before he passed.

Considering that he worked on developing the Switch from his deathbed, I think it's fair that any first-party Nintendo game released next year or earlier gets a free pass, depending on how long it was in development.

Anything later than 2021 is probably pushing it, though.

🤔

They could be on to something here or it could just be pure coincidence.

Hmmm... H.. .H... HUNDSON SOFT! BOMBERMAN!  Bomberman playable in Smash CONFIRMED!!!!!! 💣💣💣

All joking aside, Bomberman isn't an Assist Trophy in SSBU is he? I know he was in previous games. Also, I know Hudson is no longer around and been absorbed into Konami, but I can't think of any other H video game companies.

EDIT: DAMN IT! I just now noticed Bomberman there in the pic. :v >_<

Edited by alienboyva

Bomberman would've been nice at some point, but I don't think he's happening. All the Konami goodwill was pretty much already used in bringing Snake back and having the tons upon tons of Castlevania content, which is the best I could've hoped for. Also, do you really want something that would give the Waluigi stans more hope, in the event of making an assist trophy playable in the same game? You'll never hear the end of it from them. :v

For a well known 3rd party, I'd prefer another Namco character, partly since they've still been kinda underrepresented outside of Pac-Man, and there's plenty good choices/IP's to choose from, although am not a Tekken fan.

58 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

🤔

They could be on to something here or it could just be pure coincidence.

Hmmm... H.. .H... HUNDSON SOFT! BOMBERMAN!  Bomberman playable in Smash CONFIRMED!!!!!! 💣💣💣

All joking aside, Bomberman isn't an Assist Trophy in SSBU is he? I know he was in previous games. Also, I know Hudson is no longer around and been absorbed into Konami, but I can't think of any other H video game companies.

EDIT: DAMN IT! I just now noticed Bomberman there in the pic. :v >_<

Bomberman got in as an assist trophy so....

Not sure what other big character they have left ...Bonk?  (I'd like him).... guy from Adventure Island?

--I'd give more credence to Bonk....  NES/Mario, SMS/GEN / Sonic, TG16/Bonk....

Besides Bomberman from used to Hudson. I don't know what else came from Hudson, a little like SNK but I know more about SNK than Hudson now.

If we are to believe this Smash theory with the DLC. The letters in order of how you spell S-M-A-S-H works with this theory but if go by the order DLC were released does not spell Smash, it spells  A-S-M-S-H. It's like a very bad anagram that no one know what the fuck it could mean. So to me by the order of released of DLC and not how Smash is spelled in conjunction with the DLC throws this theory out the window, to me.

Let's be surprised or better yet just simply speculate without going into rabbit holes crap like the above, like seriously.

On 9/17/2019 at 11:25 AM, alienboyva said:

HAL Laboratory is another H. Obviously, this means Eggerland is coming to Smash. Lolo confirmed. 

As for Hudson, Adol Christin comes to mind. He is, of course, from Ys and is another anime boy with a sword! Bloody Roar, with its Beast Change, could make for an interesting gimmick character. 

I think a Capcom choice for pack 2 should be Arthur from Super Ghouls N Ghosts.   You got the move set with his in game weapons, you got the colors/alts with his armor from the game, and with his jumping you can make him have some unique jumping / recovery moves.

The music is there.

And a terraforming stage based on level(s) from his SNES game in SNES style would be EPIC.  Kind of work like that Pokemon stage with the changing terrain.

Well, this this like playing timed matches if there's just one stock. Also, I'd see the complaint more if they said 3 stock for 5 minutes or less that is not a lot of time to decide with 3 stocks.

They got the omega form, check. No items, check. And stock, check That's the foundation of tourney play in Smash, WTF are these ppl complaining at? ? Is more so the length? That is short but with 1 stock is more than enough so again WTF is the complaint here?!?

I think I remember seeing the change as one of the news even for Ultimate when you start up the game and never paid it any mind because it seem normal to me. This is a weird one.