Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

39 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Just got Pit tonight, by Default... as the CPU character threw the match. I'm not kidding rofl;, it literally jumped off the stage. Right after my character, was playing as Dr. Eggman/Robotnik and Pit just kept on trying to get away from me lol.

Still earning characters?  You going the WoL route or the play matches route?

9 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Still earning characters?  You going the WoL route or the play matches route?

Yep. Via a rental copy of the game at this point though. A bit of both :P.  That said... I somehow scratched the screen a little bit last night while working with the Stage Builder. So onto getting a screen protector asap. Thankfully it seems to be a light scratch, only noticed it while playing Stardew Valley.

• 3 weeks later...

VR support coming to Smash?... WHAT?!

Nice to see that you'll be able to use amiibo in online Battle Arenas. :)  This is something I've been wanting them to add in SSB4, but it they never did. Since you can only have 4 people in a match at once, I wonder if FPs will take the place of a player, or will matches now be able to support 4 players + 4 FPs?

44 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Nice to see that you'll be able to use amiibo in online Battle Arenas. :)  This is something I've been wanting them to add in SSB4, but it they never did. Since you can only have 4 people in a match at once, I wonder if FPs will take the place of a player, or will matches now be able to support 4 players + 4 FPs?

Hmm, the camera in Ultimate is the best the series have ever seen. Like with Gyro controls on you can flip the stage upside down from slanted to bottom left and right, same with the top right or left. So VR would work nice with this sort of motion already built in with camera

And FUCKING FINALLY WE CAN ONLINE AMIIBO BET FIGHTS. *ahem*, I mean that cool we can bring amiibo to online fights.

I'm or excited about the amiibo aspect of course and really look forward to that.

This is 3.10. update is looking pretty cool.  I heard the update will before E3.

Edited by DLurkster
1 hour ago, alienboyva said:

Time to send out the army....

"Amiibos assemble!"

I’ve been waiting as long as possible before using/training my Ridley amiibo and such, since you never know how much there is to still learn later with new findings of possible combos and techs from labbing, but whenever I get around to my amiibo stuff, look forward to seeing how they do online.

Still kinda annoying that we don’t get to know the character balance changes till after the update comes out rather than beforehand, so guess I’ll have to wait till I’m back home after tonight to see the commotion on buffs/nerfs. At least it’s not SSB4 where people literally just had to figure out what the changes were for themselves, but still.

Edited by Ridley Prime

I'm kind of expecting very little in regards to character adjustments. Like maybe a couple tweaks and that's it.

Imagine if the VR put you in a forced first-person persective of your character while you fight. I'm getting a little nauseous just thinking about it kconfused;

Can't wait to do online 2v1s/3v1 team fights against OP amiibo.

It's out now and live and I called that the camera in this game is what lending to the possibility to use VR like it is.

EDIT: They don't mention in in the vid but sending amiibo lone to fight is also a thing as well.

Edited by DLurkster
8 hours ago, Lucina said:

I'm kind of expecting very little in regards to character adjustments. Like maybe a couple tweaks and that's it.

Imagine if the VR put you in a forced first-person persective of your character while you fight. I'm getting a little nauseous just thinking about it kconfused;

Can't wait to do online 2v1s/3v1 team fights against OP amiibo.

There was actually quite a bit. When Nintendo said there would be fighter adjustments with the update, I expected as much, but damn, some of these nerfs. No complaints here really, but wow.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45405/~/super-smash-bros.-ultimate-update-ver.-3.1.0---fighter-adjustments

Wow, this is pointless.

The only slightly redeeming factor is that after a match finishes you can watch the match. Too bad you can't spectate or whatever.

Tho amiibo get stronger facing amiibo FP get stronger facing others trained on another system,  I feel for me (with all my amiibo trained up to lv 50) this will weaken my amiibo, not by level of course but by skill in how I train them by item proficiency,  myself, other amiibo and last CPU. A combination of that is what my make my amiibo can stand up to most  threats that come its way, this include the most played mode, with stock and time with along item use and the type controlled players and A.I.

I think as I thought that Battle Arena is where it's at where my amiibo talent will shine with so much mix-ups like my trainer and my even improve skill-wise.

9 hours ago, Lucina said:

Yes... Joke's on me, there were a TON of changes to the Fighters. And I have to say, I approve of almost all of the buffs and nerfs, even if my main Lucina got nerfed...

Your Lucina wasn't too bad when we played.  I still prefer Marth over her.

Come to think of it, I need to get back into playing as Chrom.

That said, of the FE characters I'd say as of now Roy and Corrin are my top 2 with Marth #3.  Robin just gets lost in the shuffle for me.  I loved Ike in Brawl but after that I have liked him less and less for whatever reason.  I like Chrom's moves but again-- he gets lost in the shuffle too, just not as bad as Robin.

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

Your Lucina wasn't too bad when we played.  I still prefer Marth over her.

Come to think of it, I need to get back into playing as Chrom.

That said, of the FE characters I'd say as of now Roy and Corrin are my top 2 with Marth #3.  Robin just gets lost in the shuffle for me.  I loved Ike in Brawl but after that I have liked him less and less for whatever reason.  I like Chrom's moves but again-- he gets lost in the shuffle too, just not as bad as Robin.

Thanks, I also thought you used Marth well, but I found your Richter the most challenging to fight tbh :P Working through all your traps and projectiles was quite a workout.

My order of FE character preference:

Lucina

Marth

Roy

Chrom

Corrin

Ike

Robin

I don't enjoy Corrin as much as I did in Smash 4 for some reason, and I don't like the recoveries that Chrom and Ike have. I don't like any of Robin's special moves, but using the Levin Sword is really fun. She's also really slow, and while I don't dislike slow characters on principle, I generally prefer faster ones even if they don't hit as hard.

I mained Marth in Melee and secondaried him in Brawl and Smash 4 (at which point I took up maining Lucina). Lucina and Marth have my favorite array of moves and they're also my favorite characters out of the bunch. I'm glad that Lucina and Marth have become more distinguishable from one another over time; I was getting tired of Lucina being known as 'worse Marth' by a lot of people.

Roy is just really fun. He's speedy, AND it feels really satisfying to hit with his powerful moves.

Edited by Lucina