Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

For reference, the Dragon Tank boss:

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

I would love to see a Chrono Trigger rep in Smash Bros. (presumably Crono himself, though any character would be awesome), especially to hear all of the great CT music in Smash Bros., but the text of the Tweet is just praising a fan-made level—for now the idea of Crono clashing swords with Link, Marth, and Cloud is just a beautiful dream.

9 hours ago, DLurkster said:

PB brah, go back to the previous page and you will see where this iconic image is from gamewise.

I ain't got time to go backwards... just forwards.

I doubt the ChronoTrigger hype is real though.  But yeah, I did eventually see the prior page and man does that stage look spot on to the boss battle in question.

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

I ain't got time to go backwards... just forwards.

I doubt the ChronoTrigger hype is real though.  But yeah, I did eventually see the prior page and man does that stage look spot on to the boss battle in question.

You don't know how funny this is in reference of this game.

Best selling fighting game of all time?!?

2 questions:

1. What fighting game was the best selling before this one?!?

2. I thought Smash Brothers wasn't a fighting game, according to Sakurai?!?

Okay, that was just one question but who said game genres can be called something else than what it obviously is.

43 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Best selling fighting game of all time?!?

2 questions:

1. What fighting game was the best selling before this one?!?

My guess is probably something Street Fighter 2 related. That or some vs. game from Capcom.

I came across this totally rad stage, so I thought I'd share... 😎

vhfd5xP.png?1

OMG! The music is so perfect for this stage! Though, I'd put on something like THIS for maximum effect. :P 

BTW, there's also a 90's (by the same creator)...

*Just do a search for the creator.

PiRTzXR.png

Edited by alienboyva

Uh... bit late, but bought the Fighters Pass over Easter weekend with an Eshop gift card

At least Im ready for whenever the next 4 packs get released, so that’s good

On Easter i ended up finishing off Galleom and Galeem with Joker

Though he was known about since the first WoL trailer (i think?) but still nice to see Galleom brought back - always liked that boss from Brawl, for some reason...

Galeem was... medium difficulty? Pretty much beat him on my second attempt - was an interesting boss fight, though (Granted 

And now i have the Dark Realm to go through- that’s going to take awhile, but im in no rush - have plenty of time to go through it at my own pace....

May spend a bit of time going back over Light Realm to get the remaining spirits i can.. which may exclude Legends, although i somehow beat a couple of them by random dumb luck/chance...

Bloody hell World of Light is bigger than I thought 

Though mildly on a separate note, hopefully they add the return of a Boss Rush mode in a future update

At least i think it would be a nice replay addition to have available, anyway...

My attempt at a stage recreation... Stage builder is kinda fun now that I've gotten more accustomed to it, but it needs a bit more tools, like being able to copy other shapes you made, maybe some color options beyond the background stuff that you can use to fill in an object. I don't know, though for what it is I still like it.

Not bad. I'm working on a bowl of chili stage. Not the best... but it's still better than I thought it would look like. :P  I'll have to test via my pen's stylus to see if it works any better than my finger.

Just got done with it and it's uploaded!

Here's the code: 7YV1HRHF   (Windy and Chilly)

Edited by Doc Brown
6 hours ago, alienboyva said:

OH MY!....THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING!

...And it's all done with just the in-game video editor. :o 

I should be impress with what you have to work with on the video editor but Melee bias should kick in and say this awesome regardless but 6.5 out of 10. Maybe once I use this video editor I might think more highly of, guess I had more expectation of the editor, not Melee bias getting in the way.

I think that is why I also didn't post this, too.

Just got Pit tonight, by Default... as the CPU character threw the match. I'm not kidding rofl;, it literally jumped off the stage. Right after my character, was playing as Dr. Eggman/Robotnik and Pit just kept on trying to get away from me lol.