Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

Well, we've since reached this...

Link: https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

kleSyV1.png?1

Well, I guess I'm not playing as Joker tonight. Seriously, Nintendo! How the hell were you the only ones to 🎵Never see it comiiiing!🎵?

LOL! I knew something like this was gonna happen tonight 

Tonight be like...

Edited by alienboyva

Not that I’m excusing or defending it, but these things happen sometimes, and not just with Nintendo servers. Helps that I’m kinda used to or densensitized to these kind of setbacks now, and have plenty else to do or catch up on after being home from work. Waiting till the next day for shit to get fixed isn’t gonna ruin my week. 

My ONE ONLINE MATCH REVIEW/THOUGHTS of Joker are as follows:

Liked the move set.

Felt like he was medium speed--not slow but not super fast.

I liked the charged up Persona assist.

I found the card toss and grappling hook to be pretty sweet.  I also did like the swords for those up close an personal attacks.

I am excited to play more with him.

So Joker's pretty fun guys. I would liken him to a hybrid of Robin, Bayonetta, and Zero Suit, though describing him that way isn't super helpful since he's really his own beast. My first impression is that he's a quick aerial fighter but with a few spacing tools and the Belmont's limited recovery (when Arcene isn't out). I haven't found much practical application in his neutral special yet except for defensive aerial mixups and stunning characters out of attack animations.  Given the low damage output, it feels like you're supposed to spam it like MegaMan's lemons, but its rate of fire and the fact that it locks you in place makes it extremely unsafe to just throw out anytime. Being able to inflict steady damage with forward B and tank a hit with no knockback with down B is insanely useful, though. 

1 hour ago, Laclipsey said:

So Joker's pretty fun guys. I would liken him to a hybrid of Robin, Bayonetta, and Zero Suit, though describing him that way isn't super helpful since he's really his own beast. My first impression is that he's a quick aerial fighter but with a few spacing tools and the Belmont's limited recovery (when Arcene isn't out). I haven't found much practical application in his neutral special yet except for defensive aerial mixups and stunning characters out of attack animations.  Given the low damage output, it feels like you're supposed to spam it like MegaMan's lemons, but its rate of fire and the fact that it locks you in place makes it extremely unsafe to just throw out anytime. Being able to inflict steady damage with forward B and tank a hit with no knockback with down B is insanely useful, though. 

This and I agree with your assessment of those character mentions do not help a lot but everything else you mention with neutral b, side b and down b is how you should play him. Love his up air is like Sheik and I love sheik.

15 hours ago, DLurkster said:

I while getting ready for work this morning I was finally able to DL update and DLC Challenger pack.

On separate not I though, I started to play classic mode with Joker and this happened.

... YOU NEVER SAW IT COMING!

Sorry, so in love with the music choices Sega got for him. Now if only another RPG guest character had the same care to their music. 

On 4/17/2019 at 12:08 PM, Shadow118 said:

Though I know hardly anything about Persona, I’m looking forward to Joker

Move set and mechanics are pretty cool - the Stage looks pretty interesting too, especially with the color changing with the music - I don’t think that’s been done before

So May consider going ahead any buy the Fighters Pass over the weekend

Possibly the Mii Costumes too, they don’t seem too expensive... though I wonder if there’s a Bundle for them? I don’t recall seeing anything about such in the video

Though I’m not going to knock the many options available for the stage builder or the multiple layers, I’m not really huge on it myself - doubt I’ll really use it myself, tbh

personally would've preferred something akin to an expanded version of Brawls stage builder with a page taken from Mario Maker

I suppose that might just be me who thinks that way though,so I dunno...

I guess the Smash World stuff is alright - mostly indifferent to it, not really sure how much I’ll use it

Persona 5 is one of the best RPGs I've ever played. I'm serious. It's in my top ten right now. And that's even if I've never played a Persona game. I was lucky to get a preowned Steelbook cover.