Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

OMG! Joker is pure fan service! It's clear from this Sakurai is a big P5 fan. I love how Joker's stage changes color based on which Persona game the song playing is from. ...and Jokers's victory screen! 😍

I'm really liking all these new features they added to stage builder. I cant wait to see all the cool stuff people make.

Shareable content! YES! So cool that we can download other's stages. :) 

Oh...and It kinda sux the extra Mii costumes aren't part of the fighter pass. They're only 75¢ so... Yeah, I just thought the pass would include ALL DLC.

Edited by alienboyva

Though I know hardly anything about Persona, I’m looking forward to Joker

Move set and mechanics are pretty cool - the Stage looks pretty interesting too, especially with the color changing with the music - I don’t think that’s been done before

So May consider going ahead any buy the Fighters Pass over the weekend

Possibly the Mii Costumes too, they don’t seem too expensive... though I wonder if there’s a Bundle for them? I don’t recall seeing anything about such in the video

Though I’m not going to knock the many options available for the stage builder or the multiple layers, I’m not really huge on it myself - doubt I’ll really use it myself, tbh

personally would've preferred something akin to an expanded version of Brawls stage builder with a page taken from Mario Maker

I suppose that might just be me who thinks that way though,so I dunno...

I guess the Smash World stuff is alright - mostly indifferent to it, not really sure how much I’ll use it

11 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

8:52 EST..... where my update at?

I was wondering the same. I think this might have been some miss information.

The info can from THIS tweet, which I think he got the times wrong. Tonight's maintenance ins from 5:30 PM PT - 7:30 PM PT, So I would assume the update would be available after the maintenance. That means 10:30 PM ET.

XDYcWqK.png?1

Edited by alienboyva
7 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

8:52 EST..... where my update at?

Are literally by your Switch waiting for the update?!?

Chill out, i want it as much as you but I think may we should wait til 9pm to 9:30pm.

EDIT: Didn't see AB's post, despite what he said. The update might come till 10:30pm but there's times it end earlier so my 9pm to 9:30pm can still happen.

Edited by DLurkster

I haven't played any Persona game, so Joker doesn't do anything for me as a character. I was hoping that the move set would get me excited, but it looks like more of the same of what's already in the game with Bayonetta, PK Fire side special and more counter moves. His stage though and the other Persona characters appearing within the stage/as spirits are where I'll get some value for what I've paid for. The stage switching its look depending on the music track I think is a very good idea and could see myself having longer matches on that stage specifically due to that feature. After seeing Joker, I'm hoping that the next reveal is from Nintendo, but rumors are that a Dragon Quest character is coming. 

The Mii costumes aren't something I'm willing to pay for at $0.75 each. I don't think $4.50 for 6 Mii costumes is that cheap for what's being done, but I would consider paying more for character specific alt costumes for the broader roster, i.e: Bayonetta getting her Nintendo-based outfits, Samus getting her different suits, Link his different gear, Mario his different outfits, etc. More stages inspired from the current rosters' IPs would be nice too if they're going for paid DLC avenues outside of the fighters pass. 

Just now, alienboyva said:

I was... :v  Actually, it was just sitting next to me charging. awesome;

AB, there's two times: one is for 5:50pm to 8:30pm PDT for Smash Ultimate and the times you mention for 5:50pm to 7:30pm PDT.

So it could be as late at 11:30pm but still stand by 9pm to 9:30pm.

I'll be doing the same, lol.