Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

Just now, alienboyva said:

Looks like DQ Hero/Ver. 4.0.0 will be here by 11 pm ET...

🔗https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

vJmzim7.png?1

I was just about to post this. There was similar timeframe for Joker as well and if it wasn't for the server overload we could of got him before 11pm est.

Some to most didn't get him until the next day.  Welp, I gonna do the trying game but so far no update has been pushed yet.

Me, PB and who else want to going online at 9pm for a week battle arena must happen more than ever now.

Oh hey, they finally reduced the hurtbox for Mewtwo's tail again... And OMG Ridley buffs! I went into the patch notes pretty much expecting nothing, yet my heart was still racing for some reason as I slowly scrolled down, especially as I got to the Ultimate newcomers bit. This might be the most hype I've been since launch, and not because of Hero ironically.

Oh, here's a link to said patch notes.

https://www.newsweek.com/smash-ultimate-version-4-patch-notes-update-1451793

Edited by Ridley Prime
3 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I like him so far.  Kind of got to get used to bringing up the spells menu.  I like that wind sheer recovery.

Online is back.

I can see where the pros will hate him he literally RNG the character. This is the most random move utilizer in Smash. Period. I thought I would like it, I though it was weird but this just my initial thoughts. I probably need more time with to say what I don't like about his randomness.

I just need remember that pressing the shield button can close the menu for down b. I swear that's all I'm using. I have used and utilize neutral b and side b and they have their purpose but seem like nothing with the wide range of spells in the down b.

I'll be buying those mii costumes then I'll let you know when I'm ready for online.

I played as DQ Hero for a bit and he's pretty cool. Though, I find it kinda hard trying to select attacks from a menu in the middle a Smash match. Not to mention, most of these are close range attacks, which require you to be near your opponent and facing them. Also, trying to remember what all these attacks do for someone who has never play a DQ game.

I like the DQ stage, but I'm kinda bummed they didn't include the DQ main theme. I know there's the whole issue with the composer owing the rights to the song (most likely the reason there's no orchestrated music), but I feel like they could have found some way to get it into the game. It's the series theme, after all! I guess I should be happy with the music we got, given how SE only gave us to pieces of FF music with Cloud in SSB4 and SSBU.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a neat FREE little bonus for those that have NSO...

I wonder why this wasn't mentioned in Sakurai's video showing off DQ Hero and 4.0.0?

*You can find this under the DLC for SSBU, or just go to the NSO section in the eShop*

Edited by alienboyva

I never played the DQ games (everytime I see DQ I'm thinking 'Dairy Queen') and from watch the demo with Sakurai, I just remember what move did what and with me playing Link most of the time. I know how to keep close or far in preparing project or far attack or close one. So knowing what the moves do from that vid coupled with experience with Link and I think I got a great handle with the hero.

From my last impression is when online was not available and I was playing against CPU but with actual ppl it made the difference and made me realize that I like the hero more than initially thought.

I like to play my Link like no else has like he's unpredictable with hero and how damn RNG he is it's almost match made in heaven for this kind of play and just flows nice with me, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually thought this discussion was well thought out.

I like Hero enough.  I think he's too up and down on his powers though so it kind of makes him a tough choice to be consistent with even if I think his base moves are ok in the grand scheme of things.  I do kind of like him a little better than Joker overall.