Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

I was eliminated in the first round of the qualifier of the tourney the PB post a vid of. I'm not ashamed from the lost because my opponent was evenly match with me, I used Link he used Ness. I did not regret anything begin to end and did all I could to win. Lost in sudden death by a back throw from that Ness. That's how close it was a week ago.

Whelp. I guess we got too excited at the possibility after seeing that Piranha Plant had a Palutena's Guidance codec, but it was more of an outlier or exception to the rule apparently.

edit: Oh yeah, glad the 3.0 update is coming out sooner than expected. Aside from Joker, will have to wait and see I guess as to what other content it contains.

Edited by Ridley Prime
On 2/13/2019 at 11:11 PM, Ridley Prime said:

Whelp. I guess we got too excited at the possibility after seeing that Piranha Plant had a Palutena's Guidance codec, but it was more of an outlier or exception to the rule apparently.

edit: Oh yeah, glad the 3.0 update is coming out sooner than expected. Aside from Joker, will have to wait and see I guess as to what other content it contains.

I was just about to post this but looked through thread incase it was and it was.

This is a tad disappointing, it makes in regards how the last DLC characters were handle what throws a wrench is the Piranha Plant had the guidance. I guess this was always in works to be like this. So is Piranha Plant not DLC or not? Because I don't why it get guidance and the other DLC character don't? The only I get this if Piranha Plant is not DLC.

WHAT DA ACTUAL FUCK?!?

3 minutes ago, blcdude1 said:

Given how the Piranha Plant is treated, part of me is wondering if it was intended to be in the base game, then carved aside as a pre-order/early adopter bonus.

This is what I want to go with as they did this with Mewtwo as well but back in Sm4sh it was not a part of guidance. He is and all the DLC from that game are now.

If that is the reason that Piranha Plant was supposed to be in the based game then the guidance makes sense other than that if it was DLC why not do guidance for the other DLC character?!?

That's definitely factor I consider but it was really low on the possibility meter for me and I hope it was not that. Unfortunate but honestly whenever the lines were done versus when DLC was decided, regardless everyone, the fans knew DLC was gonna be a thing so to not make a budget around this seems a little shortminded, imo.

Does anyone happen to know the total amount for purchasing both the Smash/Fighters Pass Bundle and Piranha Plant?

Been trying to figure it out, but I’m not sure if the tax is already included in the total amount or if it’s additional...

Think it’s at least somewhere over $100, but I’m not sure what the exact amount is

Not 100% sure if I’ll buy it just yet, just wanted to consider some options with the amount I have

29 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

@Shadow118: The game itself is $59.99, the fighter pass is $24.99 and Piranha Plant is $4.99, you add that altogether without taxes and it is $89.97.

You gotta figure out the taxes on your end.

Ah, right - forgot about that

Just wasn’t sure if someone had a vague idea on it

Though, if I’m correct in estimataing, looks like the Bundle and Piranha Plant comes out to 95.59

I suppose that’s not too bad - thought it would be higher, actually....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...