Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

11 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

I’m just happy that this basically  confirms Guidance conversations for all of the DLC characters.

Same here.

And I breathe a sigh of relief that no one I particularly main/secondary got nerfed by the balance changes. K. Rool got some nerfs though which I was kind of expecting, but at least he's not alone with the burying moves' effects being shortened for undamaged opponents. Also glad to see Incineroar got some much needed buffs, among other changes.

8 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

IMPORTANT!

There have been reports that using Piranha Plant in certain Multi-Man Smash modes may corrupt your save data. I’d recommend avoiding those modes until the cause of the problem has been determined.

Not that I was gonna do that with Piranha Plant anyway, but yikes. At least cloud saves will back you up if corruption does happen.

10 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

IMPORTANT!

There have been reports that using Piranha Plant in certain Multi-Man Smash modes may corrupt your save data. I’d recommend avoiding those modes until the cause of the problem has been determined.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/01/some_players_are_experiencing_corrupted_save_files_after_using_piranha_plant_in_all-star_mode

I wonder if its due to the patch and the Smash Update happening so close together.

FIRST,

My brother did the digital version of the game and he apparently didn't get Piranha Plant last night.

After playing Piranha Plant exclusively in Smash last night, I like him a lot.  I think the blue and the white ones grab me the most as far as the coloring's go.   The moveset is pretty unique and I can pick out some odes to ROB and K Rool.  He also appears to have multiple charging attack variants.

I can't quite go main with him yet, but he is in the wheelhouse of characters I like to use for sure.

Edited by purple_beard
10 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

IMPORTANT!

UPDATE:

Apparently Duck Hunt and Mii Swordfighter also cause this bug.

Stay away from Multi-Man Smash!

On 2/2/2019 at 8:58 AM, Art_de_Cat said:

Down to the last 20 spirits, can I get a little help naming the ones I'm missing?  Most are FE characters I either mistake for something I have, or just dont think of.

Screenshot_20190202-090019_Memo.jpg

250 - Aryll

301 - Baby Bowser

331 - Dragoon

465 - Mew

536 - Meloetta

601 - Blood Falcon

645 - Lyn

646 - Lyn (Blade Lord)

647 - Eliwood

664 - Zelgius

665 - Black Knight

691 - Flagman

717 - Hades

718 - Hades (Final Form)

938 - Bear Hugger

997 - Sakura (Street Fighter)

1019 - Masked Lumen

1093 - Sandbag

1105 - Galeem

1106 - Dharkon

3 hours ago, Surge135 said:

250 - Aryll

301 - Baby Bowser

331 - Dragoon

465 - Mew

536 - Meloetta

601 - Blood Falcon

645 - Lyn

646 - Lyn (Blade Lord)

647 - Eliwood

664 - Zelgius

665 - Black Knight

691 - Flagman

717 - Hades

718 - Hades (Final Form)

938 - Bear Hugger

997 - Sakura (Street Fighter)

1019 - Masked Lumen

1093 - Sandbag

1105 - Galeem

1106 - Dharkon

Thanks, I had knocked it down to nine.  I swear some Ive seen but thought I had already obtained.