Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

11 hours ago, Carl321 said:

Honestly if people want to datamine their game I'm ok with it- they just need to make sure it's appropriately spoiler-tagged. Of course those are never the kinds of people that cause the problems.

I didn't even notice Palutena and Viridi had different VAs tbh. Definitely enjoying the tracks! Can't wait to hear the Dark Samus one.

Speaking of Dark Samus, I think by this point it's safe to say the Dark Samus Battle music isn't in this game. I doubt they'd have used the Parasite Queen theme for the Dark Samus intro video otherwise.

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but yeah, it isn’t... The lack of Dark Samus theme was the first gripe I wanted to bring up earlier. Between the lack of tracks from Prime 3/trilogy and DKC Tropical Freeze, Retro Studio games kinda got fucked hard again as far as content (Dark Samus’ playable inclusion notwithstanding), though with the glorious new remixes K. Rool and Ridley got, I’ll live. At this point it’s just more confusing than it is upsetting, and with the spirit and soundtrack content other Metroid games are still getting too, and not all just Other M like with SSB4, I can’t complain too much. Still, the lack of DS theme when she’s in the game, ouch.

If nothing else, makes me more hopeful that if Sylux is DLC, he brings more Prime music with him, though not expecting that much.

Edited by Ridley Prime

I've seen that Ultimate's street date has been broken, so it's time for me to ascend the highest mountain and meditate in isolation for the next two weeks. I haven't looked at any of the recent posts in this thread. If there's anything especially spoiling which people will be talking about around the internet, I'd be grateful for someone to quote this post and let me know to be extra careful.

The leaking/datamining is one thing, but this makes me seethe with rage. One of the fuckers in Mexico I guess must have handed out ROM's of the game online for people to download, and pirate/play for free.

The game will still make legendary sales despite this, but when people go this far, it's like part of me feels we don't even deserve the game anymore.

edit: Am fine with the datamined Smash music videos being copyright claimed, especially if all the World of Light spoiler videos are gonna be copyright claimed too sooner or later.

Edited by Ridley Prime

Cool update, but what got my antenna up is their thoughts of Chun-Li from Steet Fighter making a DLC appearance.  I thought to myself once hearing that, a FEMALE character, from a historic FIGHTING GAME franchise, and their suggestions of possible moves make me think I'd be totally down for that.  I do agree that 3 SF characters might be  little overboard unless Mega Man got another but then again, I a cool that Piranha Plant works as well as it looks to so....