Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

What is the significance of the "3?"

3 for the 3 Pokes on a new Pokemon Trainer?

3 Ninja Gaidens on the NES.

DMC has 3 games right?

III...Crash Trilogy ....Spyro Trilogy... 

Bayonetta 3

Some relevant 3rd game in a series?

He's throwing a Smash Bros gang sign LOL.

Edited by purple_beard

I'm convinced that anything other than a 3rd party prediction is a bad one. I would be shocked if they suddenly decided to include a Nintendo character as the final fighter of this pass. The fighter pass selection hasn't appealed to me much until I took the time to play as each character. My first experience with the characters featured in the pass is Smash. I'm interested in seeing who number 5 is and will likely have a long play session trying that character out as well as Terry (who didn't initially get me to pick up Smash again). 

36 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

🤔...

Arle & Carbuncle from Puyo Puyo (would work like Rosalina & Luma)? 

Related image

This would make sense, if Puyo Puyo related, given these two are the series mascot characters. Though, if "3" has any significance, IDK how this would fit with that. 

Use puyos like Dr Mario uses pills?

Oh, while I wouldn't throw much stock into the "3" gesture either, I am going to throw a game series out there: Romance of the Three Kingdoms, alongside its spin-off, Dynasty Warriors. I can't deny their popularity, though it wouldn't be my first choice of a Koei Tecmo series. That said, Nintendo has crossed over with Warriors multiple times, and it's something I could potentially see happening. 

Just chiming in with my thoughts on who it would be outside of the highly rumored choice:

1. Geno

2. Travis Touchdown

3. Sora

Crazy out there but Sakurai is nuts to try and likely has the connections to make it happen choice: Master Chief

Admittedly, #2 and #3 are taking into account Sakurai's hand gesture but I also chose Travis for the fact Suda51 has been VERY open about wanting him in Smash.

1 hour ago, Kezay said:

Just chiming in with my thoughts on who it would be outside of the highly rumored choice:

1. Geno

2. Travis Touchdown

3. Sora

Crazy out there but Sakurai is nuts to try and likely has the connections to make it happen choice: Master Chief

Admittedly, #2 and #3 are taking into account Sakurai's hand gesture but I also chose Travis for the fact Suda51 has been VERY open about wanting him in Smash.

Master Chief in Smash is akin to breaking the 7th Seal man....  They already got the 6th with getting Banjo back on a Nintendo platform.

Hmm, it just occurred to me that every since Sakurai have been doing these video presentation, he always show the amiibo who release pretty soon. I should of seen that as the only constant about the presentation. As we all know Sakurai is really unpredictable so it is rare that keeps a pattern as obvious a that as a constant with him.

This presentation should of been predicted before the release of the amiibo this Friday and anyone would be lucky but predicting the day is 1/16 so that is not so much a big odds to miss that tho.

1 minute ago, DLurkster said:

Hmm, it just occurred to me that every since Sakurai have been doing these video presentation, he always show the amiibo who release pretty soon. I should of seen that as the only constant about the presentation. As we all know Sakurai is really unpredictable so it is rare that keeps a pattern as obvious a that as a constant with him.

This presentation should of been predicted before the release of the amiibo this Friday and anyone would be lucky but predicting the day is 1/16 so that is not so much a big odds to miss that tho.

Ya know, I would assume a Joker amiibo would be close to being done and ready for a launch date seeing as he came out last April.

9 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Ya know, I would assume a Joker amiibo would be close to being done and ready for a launch date seeing as he came out last April.

There's been a rumor going about that relevance of amiibo is on the down turn more again. We knew Richter and Dark Samus were being made but I forget when we knew of their release date since then we have not heard of any more release date of amiibo despite it was confirmed that DLC amiibo will be made.

Just like with the Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta I wonder if if will take a while to get over right issue and stuff before manufacturing them. I don't see them retracting their statement about DLC amiibo is not a thing regardless of amiibo relevancy.

But there's no denying the relevancy of amiibo, I wonder if that will be factor for the future of amiibo moving forward this year following Richter and Dark Samus.

1 minute ago, DLurkster said:

There's been a rumor going about that relevance of amiibo is on the down turn more again. We knew Richter and Dark Samus were being made but I forget when we knew of their release date since then we have not heard of any more release date of amiibo despite it was confirmed that DLC amiibo will be made.

Just like with the Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta I wonder if if will take a while to get over right issue and stuff before manufacturing them. I don't see them retracting their statement about DLC amiibo is not a thing regardless of amiibo relevancy.

But there's no denying the relevancy of amiibo, I wonder if that will be factor for the future of amiibo moving forward this year following Richter and Dark Samus.

Richter and Dark Samus are this Friday.