Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

@purple_beard: *He didn't check the last post on the last page. I post the video above there, lol*

Yeah, I watched the vid pretty much what I said and was said in the video, what be 45 minutes long? Come to think of it wasn't the last Ultimate direct year roughly this length. It was padded with 15 minutes of game option with sounds and controls, wasn't.

So outside no new character reveals or new modes. The idea about the stage pack is cool, like when they brought back pirate ship on Wii U. Will we get a treatment like that for Pokefloats, please?

Even just aking in the stage pack that is minimum 2 minutes of possible 25 minutes stretch presentation.

As expected, the stream didn't further confirm or deconfirm anyone, but was still a nice watch regardless. If the Cacodemon Mii hat and stuff is real, am guessing they'll wait to show that later.

You can already install update 6.0 by the way. Balance patch notes from what's been translated so far. Happy with the K. Rool buffs, as well as the updated online arena settings.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48071/kw/super smash bros update ver.6.0.0

Edited by Ridley Prime

I played as Terry for a bit and he's pretty cool! It's great to have another fighting game character in Smash. I didn't have much interest in the character prior to watching Sakurai showing him off (I'm not that familiar with SNK fighters. Plus, Smash is the only fighting game I really play). I didn't realize how good SKN music is. It's hard to believe SNK gave us 50 tracks! Especially, when you have companies like Square-Enix only us 2 tracks. Anyway, I really like Terry's stage and how they added the walls form the FF games. It really adds more of a traditional fighting game feel to Smash. Now that the 4th FP fighter has been released, I can't help but wonder if the final FP fighter will be another 3rd-party character..? I would really like to have at least one Nintendo character as a part of it.

I'm just gonna leave this here...

uJllnBc.jpg

*Sorry I had to do this after seeing Sakurai having Terry go against Ryu for the demonstration. :v 

If you don't get the joke: Terry always says "Are you O.K.?"

Edited by alienboyva

Finally watched it, though via commentary with Maximilian. Yup, we can tell he is a fighting game fan at heart with all that lingo, recommendations of which KOF installments to play, dude.

Interestingly, in the Japanese stream, I've heard that "good boys and girls" line was a dubbed ad lib. He actually explained Mai's exclusion was to avoid conflicts with Japan's CERO A rating (their version of E for Everyone).

Edited by avalonknight
30 minutes ago, avalonknight said:

Finally watched it, though via commentary with Maximilian. Yup, we can tell he is a fighting game fan at heart with all that lingo, recommendations of which KOF installments to play, dude.

Interestingly, in the Japanese stream, I've heard that "good boys and girls" line was a dubbed ad lib. He actually explained Mai's exclusion was to avoid conflicts with Japan's CERO A rating (their version of E for Everyone).

It goes even further than that: