Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

9 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Look at the video directly above your post.

Zelda was able to hit Ridley from behind her with her forward smash because they increased the size of the hitbox to include her ass.

Does it? Ridley's side special swings his arm forward, which could have moved it past Zelda and in front of her, into the hitbox. These things get weird when a character is grabbed during an attack.

7 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

Should be pointed out too I guess that Zelda now has a pretty much insta shield break setup with the phantom knight.

I don't agree with her getting as much buffs as she had gotten this update; compared to other characters she hardly needed them. Her f-tilt can kill at like 80% now even.

I'm very happy that this is back in.

And comparatively to others she's considered one of the worst characters in the entire game in a meta where zoners are generally strong.  She needs all the help she can get. y;

Fair enough. I guess I speak more from experience when I have a friend whose a good competitive Zelda which is a tough matchup for any of my characters, as I don't main like one of the rushdowns that would normally destroy her.

The zoners were already strong and rampant on wifi, and now this patch made them stronger. :v Eh, could be worse I suppose.

Edited by Ridley Prime

Hmm, so before this patch, did Zelda dat ass or is the patch correcting a wrong that should of been there from the start?

Like I don't play Zelda, not my playstyle since Melee and she had changed more for the worse over the year so I's say this improvement was for the better and I'm not talking about her asset here.

With Mew, i now have all the Spirits in Ultimate today... until they add more DLC/event spirits, anyway.....

granted, i had to use a guide since I wasn’t sure which ones i was missing at the time

Took most of the week since most were enhanced that i just leveled up through the dojo or had to be summoned and needed to get the necessary SP first and got the last two/three today

Aside from New Game +, (which isn’t the highest priority right now)  not sure what else left there is to do aside from challenges... most of which i can’t do since they involve Lv 9 Cpus...

i don’t know why we can’t use the hammers on some of them... seems kind of stupid, honestly 

1 hour ago, Shadow118 said:

With Mew, i now have all the Spirits in Ultimate today... until they add more DLC/event spirits, anyway.....

granted, i had to use a guide since I wasn’t sure which ones i was missing at the time

Took most of the week since most were enhanced that i just leveled up through the dojo or had to be summoned and needed to get the necessary SP first and got the last two/three today

Aside from New Game +, (which isn’t the highest priority right now)  not sure what else left there is to do aside from challenges... most of which i can’t do since they involve Lv 9 Cpus...

i don’t know why we can’t use the hammers on some of them... seems kind of stupid, honestly 

For the challenges involving level 9 CPUs, what I did was set the stock to 1 and used Dedede to camp by the edge of the blast line in Green Hill Zone, suck them up, and spit them out for an instant kill.

• 2 weeks later...

I can get behind the #thankyousakurai but is it selfish of me that I would still want another Smash bros?

Like my thanks is genuine for what he did for Ultimate and to some dismay, I don't mind a reboot of Smash because what do you do after Ultimate? That and even tho it is confirmed for now this the last fighter pass, why not make Ultimate ongoing so there can be minor updates and at least then a new Smash game does not need to be made.

Is this all too much to ask for?

This is where Smash peaked, in any case. I feel lucky for it to have happened this late in the series with this entry compared to like Pokemon which I would say peaked on the DS, Star Fox which peaked back on the SNES & N64, etc. Regardless of what game comes next for Smash on a Switch successor (reboot or otherwise), I won't be nearly as invested, as am content with sticking mostly with Ultimate as a happy ending for the series for years to come. There won't be another Smash like it, as there'll inevitably be a certain chunk of cuts one way or the other (Sakurai himself said there's no way the next Smash will have nearly as much characters), so just enjoy the current ride, and live off playing current Smash rather than speculation.

That's my prerogative anyway. Hopefully too Ultimate's meta by the end of the DLC cycle will have a longstanding scene like Melee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's weird that I didn't think this wouldn't effect development of the fighter pass 2 but now that it is shown as possibility, I'm not worried.

And even if this gets worse, I think the most the development of the character will be delayed by 6 months tops from this point. 3 months for in the clear when the world situation gets better and another 3 for what is involved making the character. So the deadline for all 6 characters to be released next year December might be extended to June 2022. 

I have said before that I want Sakurai to keep making content for Ultimate, I appreciate all that he does and want him to take break but if this delay prolongs the development of this DLC. Scratched what I said before in making more content for Ultimate. Please take a long deserved break, Sakurai.