Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, DLurkster said:

I'll vote at the last minute, AB.

My bias heart says Ultimate but I think it should go to RE 2 remake. (have not played it yet but I will for Black Friday)

Having gone through it around the start of the year, can say the RE2make is pretty good, but out of the fighting game nominations, SSBU deserves a vote the most, easily.

Edited by Ridley Prime
  • 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

So no fighter #5 reveal at TGA huh? That's what people get I guess for allowing themselves to get baited by Joker's reveal at least year's. Lightning doesn't always strike the same place twice. At least Smash won fighter of the year though, not that there was much doubt.

Now the clout chasing leakers are backpedaling in style.

Its gotta drop in a December direct....

Unless they want to milk the wait/anticipation for all its worth. They really have waited as long as possible for these DLC character reveals, minus Joker who was shown too early with how long we had to wait on him, but he was the first one, so yeah. I don’t really see a December direct happening though and have accepted this (imo) underwhelming TGA to be the last bit of info we’ll have for the year, but we’ll see I guess. This is kinda what people get for trying to make everything about Smash in some way, regardless.

@Ridley Prime: I agree to some degree but the precedence of how Nintendo dropped news at TGA sans Joker DLC last year meant that expectations were amped up to a certain degree. I know I was and probably most.

I feel this part of this video explains that expectation.

But for me I am not mad but disappointed what Nintendo decided to drop at the award here. It just means and I think this is fair to that their usual January direct, this that happened in February so who knows when it will drop. I believe they will deliver what most were somewhat expecting at the TGA. The last Smash DLC character release window ends in February so we might get a direct in either January or February and that might include the reveal of the last character. To me since the reveal of Joker the character, all the in-depth vids came the same day before the they released the character so I don't think we are going to see the character in a direct Jan or Feb but in Feb we will have reveal and presentation for the character and the release will happen same day.

On 12/8/2019 at 8:35 PM, purple_beard said:

Not a bad cap off.  Really did offer up a lot of good suggestions.

I might have missed her (I only quickly scanned the list) but those videos are a reminder of how just how few people played Mischief Makers. 

Marina Liteyears can't even make a list like this.

• 2 weeks later...