Jump to content

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:06 PM, purple_beard said:

sui7p5cnszbsizp0mrkp.png

 

 

Official Site:

https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/

 

*****************

 

Discuss news, updates, and anything related to the newest Smash game.

 

*****************

 

I generally peruse Gamexplain (youtube), Nintendolife, IGN, and Nintendoworldreport for news and what not on the game.  Amiibonews on twitter usually has good stuff on the amiibo angle to Nintendo games as well.

 

PB, everyone is not here. There's no Ridley in that banner.

 

The disrespect, PB. The disrespect after such a long wait for this character.

Link to comment
Just now, purple_beard said:

That was the official art work bro... sue me.  Or we can settle it in Smash tonight.

I know it is but still. I'm sure you find image that have Ridley. Perhaps the one website itself.

 

Oh I forgot about Smash tonight. I remember yesterday that tomorrow is Smash Night. As for settle it, I'm not that good with Samus but I'll take the challenge for the disrespect of Ridley.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

Those sneaky devils at Nintendo released that image and then updated it to include Ridley once he was revealed, which you can now see on the official site.

 

Personally I like this image, though it doesn't have every single character on display:hdK05YP.png

I seen this one and you're right it doesn't have every character on there. I believe this the box art for the game. I do like this one but Nintendo is lying with this banner, this is not everybody in the game. I would hate if the final product didn't have everyone for some reason.

Link to comment
9 hours ago, Marxforever said:

 

Honestly, I think some characters are better off as alts costumes. After all, Echo Fighters aren't entirely Identical, they have different properties like how Lucina's Sword doesn't have a weakspot and sweetspot, rather it has even power throughout, or how Dark Pit's arrows control differently, his Upperdash has it's own effect and launch trajectory. and he has a completely different Final Smash. Compare this to Alph, Leaf, Larry, Ludvig, Wendy, Roy, Lemmy, Morton and Iggy who are all completely identical model swaps.

 

Now, if Alph were to have Rock Pikmin instead of say, Purple? Like if Rock Pikmin did less damage than Purples, but went flying much farther and still caused knock-back. Then yeah, make him an Echo Fighter. Do it up.

Well yeah, I was simplifying my description of Alph as a separate character.  There are other things you could do.

You could change the values of his physical attacks, or his clobbering Pikmin attacks to have slight changes in strength or speed.  Some of them should remain consistent with Olimar, since...for example...if they are throwing a Red Pikmin at an opponent, it wouldn't make sense for Olimar's Red Pikmin to do more damage than Alph's Red Pikmin.  A Pikmin is a Pikmin.  If they are swinging a Pikmin at an opponent, you could have some wiggle room there since there would be potential for Olimar to be stronger than Alph, or Alph to be faster than Olimar, etc.

Another option could be to change the order in which Olimar and Alph draw Pikmin.  Maybe Olimar could draw them in a specific order, whereas Alph is random like in Brawl.

And then as we both said, obviously give Alph Rock Pikmin.

And as I mentioned before, give Alph the S.S. Drake as a Final Smash because it just doesn't make sense for him to use the Dolphin.  Maybe the S.S. Drake is slower but causes a different size explosion, or launches enemies at a different angle.

There are different things you could do that hopefully wouldn't affect the balance too much.  Personally, I'm OK with Alph being a Dark Pit, where he's damn near the same.  I just as a rule don't like it when character B is an alt costume for character A.  Koopalings can be an exception to this, if only for the sake of grandfathering them in and there being no good way to make them separate from Bowser Jr. now that they do exist.  Alph, there is easily a way, so if Sakurai has time to do it, I think it would be good.  Especially given that Alph was considered to be made into a clone for SSB4.

Link to comment

I wonder if we’ll be getting all the items back as well...

 

From what I can remember the Parasol and Fan haven’t been in recent games after Melee... granted it’s been a long time since I’ve played Brawl/Smash 3DS, so Its possible I could be misremembering 

 

Those items were petty fun to use for some reason...

 

Suppose it might be too early to tell that, though...

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

I wonder if we’ll be getting all the items back as well...

 

From what I can remember the Parasol and Fan haven’t been in recent games after Melee... granted it’s been a long time since I’ve played Brawl/Smash 3DS, so Its possible I could be misremembering 

 

Those items were petty fun to use for some reason...

 

Suppose it might be too early to tell that, though...

 

Red Shell has also been MIA since Melee. While that one has always been the buggiest item, because of it's behavior -there are several glitches for it in 64 and Melee- no doubt why they've removed it. I would love to see it again.

Link to comment

Tortimier Island looks pretty nice in HD...

 

i bet Animal Crossing HD will look lovely whenever we get it on Switch 

 

44 minutes ago, Marxforever said:

 

Red Shell has also been MIA since Melee. While that one has always been the buggiest item, because of it's behavior -there are several glitches for it in 64 and Melee- no doubt why they've removed it. I would love to see it again.

 

Its been so long since I’ve played Melee I completely forgot that also existed...

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Marxforever said:

 

Red Shell has also been MIA since Melee. While that one has always been the buggiest item, because of it's behavior -there are several glitches for it in 64 and Melee- no doubt why they've removed it. I would love to see it again.

Wait the red shell was in Melee?!?

 

Are you sure it isn't just the original? And even it returns, why would anyone want it back it just went back and forth in one area of the stage. Plus with how dynamic stages are in Smash, it would even make it more pointless to.

Link to comment
17 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Wait the red shell was in Melee?!?

 

Are you sure it isn't just the original? And even it returns, why would anyone want it back it just went back and forth in one area of the stage. Plus with how dynamic stages are in Smash, it would even make it more pointless to.

Oh yeah, it was in Melee. There's a glitch you can do with it where you permanently stick a Character to Mewtwo by using Confusion on them while a Max Powered Red Shell breaks his Confusion (like projectiles, it gets stronger every time it's reflected until it breaks reflectors). And it didn't just go back and forth, it homed in on Players, like it does in Mario Kart. For how basic it was it was surprisingly easy to lose track of during a fight and it could often sneak in some cheap shot.

Edited by Marxforever
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Marxforever said:

Oh yeah, it was in Melee. There's a glitch you can do with it where you permanently stick a Character to Mewtwo by using Confusion on them while a Max Powered Red Shell breaks his Confusion (like projectiles, it gets stronger every time it's reflected until it breaks reflectors). And it didn't just go back and forth, it homed in on Players, like it does in Mario Kart. For how basic it was it was surprisingly easy to lose track of during a fight and it could often sneak in some cheap shot.

Oh, in the original Smash I know that's what the red shell did so basically it did what the blue shell does in Smash 4 follow player?

 

Wow, I cannot believe I'm asking this. I really don't remember the red shell in Melee. I have to see vid in this action, I don't doubt I just need to see this for myself.

Link to comment
25 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Oh, in the original Smash I know that's what the red shell did so basically it did what the blue shell does in Smash 4 follow player?

 

Wow, I cannot believe I'm asking this. I really don't remember the red shell in Melee. I have to see vid in this action, I don't doubt I just need to see this for myself.

 

They're basically the same in 64 and Melee. It doesn't fly around like the Spiny Shell, or anything. It's just that it doesn't mindlessly bounce back and forth, like the Green Shell or Hothead either, it gravitates towards the players. Though, much like Red Koopas it won't go off ledges, which is a nice touch since Green Koopas do and Green Shells can. So say you're on a stage like Temple, no matter where you're standing, or what level you're on, it'll always be on the ledge closest to the players. It basically creates "no go zones", though on a Stage like Final Destination, there's no avoiding it. Another interesting thing about it, is that the person who threw it isn't immune. It'll go after them too, it's completely indiscriminate.

 

I think the main reason that I want it back so bad, is that with the Green Shell and now Spiny Shell, it feels like we're missing the set. I'm sure that at the time, when they were coming up with items for the original Smash, the Red and Green Shell had to be among the first to be considered, since Mario Kart was such a Party Game staple. The two even appear has items in Mario Tennis on the 64. So it kind of sucks to have one and not the other.

Edited by Marxforever
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Marxforever said:

 

They're basically the same in 64 and Melee. It doesn't fly around like the Spiny Shell, or anything. It's just that it doesn't mindlessly bounce back and forth, like the Green Shell or Hothead either, it gravitates towards the players. Though, much like Red Koopas it won't go off ledges, which is a nice touch since Green Koopas do and Green Shells can. So say you're on a stage like Temple, no matter where you're standing, or what level you're on, it'll always be on the ledge closest to the players. It basically creates "no go zones", though on a Stage like Final Destination, there's no avoiding it. Another interesting thing about it, is that the person who threw it isn't immune. It'll go after them too, it's completely indiscriminate.

 

I think the main reason that I want it back so bad, is that with the Green Shell and now Spiny Shell, it feels like we're missing the set. I'm sure that at the time, when they were coming up with items for the original Smash, the Red and Green Shell had to be among the first to be considered, since Mario Kart was such a Party Game staple. The two even appear has items in Mario Tennis on the 64. So it kind of sucks to have one and not the other.

Okay, this vid reminds what you're describing.

 

Yeah, it does the back forth like you and I mentioned but I see that it follows whoever his near. And oh yeah remember the indiscrimination of the red shell. It's funny all I remember is the back forth and not really the homing. I know that's what they do but all I remember is the back and forth.

 

Also, green shells only go back and forth unless it bounces from stage steps or close quarter wall. What we call back and forth is different because I don't call green shells bouncing off walls as back and forth.

 

I don't want to shot red shells down completely but again with the stage in Smash now I just don't know how that will work stage with wacky layouts and transitioning stages as well.

Link to comment

With all the stages and characters coming back to Ultimate, this is the same with Music?

 

I ask because since Brawl each stage have a MyMusic section but what I want to focus on is the battlefield and Final Destination stages past music on that stage. We can see the music name of each song what of Smash game it came from, like; Final Destination (melee). So when music for Battlefield and Final Destination for Smash for Wii U is displayed, what would show? Would it be Final Destination Super Smash Bros. or would it be Smash 4?

 

I'm curious what will be shown as the name for that song.

 

@EH_STEVE I don't know what man that isn't doing that with Zelda's new look in Ultimate.

 

 

Link to comment
  • purple_beard changed the title to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread
  • Chrom featured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...