Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

This just finally arrived today!

YSADqTN.jpg

I almost forgot I wanted to get complete mural of the Ultimate banner enough time has pass that someone would make this and I can buy. I just happen to thought about this the other day and looked around get this and here it finally is!

The guy who made this and sells this is now out, there were only 3 of these left before I bought this and eventually sold out. I got this off of Etsy from guy named WallArtEtsy. The page for this and the user doesn't show up anymore but I'm just glad it came and looks real nice too.

Now it feels like I have the mural from this vid when Ultimate launch but just complete now.

48 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

This just finally arrived today!

YSADqTN.jpg

I almost forgot I wanted to get complete mural of the Ultimate banner enough time has pass that someone would make this and I can buy. I just happen to thought about this the other day and looked around get this and here it finally is!

The guy who made this and sells this is now out, there were only 3 of these left before I bought this and eventually sold out. I got this off of Etsy from guy named WallArtEtsy. The page for this and the user doesn't show up anymore but I'm just glad it came and looks real nice too.

Now it feels like I have the mural from this vid when Ultimate launch but just complete now.

So he just did it or is there an official one out there, cause I'd like to get one if so.

4 hours ago, purple_beard said:

So he just did it or is there an official one out there, cause I'd like to get one if so.

As I said, I just looked up who makes this so to my knowledge there's no official one. Is it important that is official to you?

What matter is is the make and how it looks right? That's what I went for on Etsy There other ones on Etsy but it's either how they took a picture of the mural, I don't like the way they look and got this one WallArtEtsy.

7 hours ago, DLurkster said:

As I said, I just looked up who makes this so to my knowledge there's no official one. Is it important that is official to you?

What matter is is the make and how it looks right? That's what I went for on Etsy There other ones on Etsy but it's either how they took a picture of the mural, I don't like the way they look and got this one WallArtEtsy.

I didn't study the picture but my meaning was the characters and positions match their final mural and it's not some drawn random placement of the fighters.  Although,  yeah, an official one would be ideal.

5 hours ago, purple_beard said:

I didn't study the picture but my meaning was the characters and positions match their final mural and it's not some drawn random placement of the fighters.  Although,  yeah, an official one would be ideal.

Okay, I get what you mean and I never looked to see if the characters match the one on the website, I'm sure they are. I think the 2 of us two of us studied and watched the mural grow with characters and their position and official or not why would someone go out of their way to put the characters in different spots? Is it to make a few bucks, even if one wasn't paying attention to that subconsciously any would know where the characters were.

But I get what you mean still even if it sounds a little ridiculous of what I describe. I just wanted to show the mural off and where someone might get one. Anyone can wait but it's not that anyone will be okay with anything close to the mural but it's not hard for anyone out there to recreate the mural like the one on the Smash website. Check my post with the mural I bought, it's exact. 

Before Ultimate release there was the Grinch leak where Banjo-Kazooie, Ken, Isaac from Golden Sun and Mach Rider (oddly enough, that leak sort of predict the pose and positions, I think of Banjo-Kazooie and Ken). I get on the other side of not official anyone can add or just swap characters but it's up to you if you want to get mural and be authentic as possible.

To each their own.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Comments disabled predictably, but the main thing that stood out to me was rollback, though NASB had that too. Bigger corporations don't care about robust internet/netcode, while smaller companies and indies do because it's one of their main selling points.

Took me awhile, but slowly but surely added Slingshot and some of its variations to my gameplay and applied to some real matches.

While it's basically a fancier if not easier way of turning around or doing turnaround attacks, as an advanced nuanced tech it did feel as meta changing as it was initially hyped up to be. Basically, wavedashing is to Melee as slingshot is to Ultimate. Mostly every Smash game has had some kind of defining thing though when you think about it...

Smash 64: Jank, lots of it

Melee: Wavedashing

Brawl: Tripping

Smash 4: Perfect Pivot

Ultimate: Slingshot

Oh, and I'm glad Smash is actually getting consistent competition, with the platform fighter genre it started expanding now. Also means with any future game, Smash can't just rest on its laurels and will have to keep up somehow. Thankfully a mechanic like tripping should never happen again with any such game. It certainly wouldn't fly now, but it was bad even back then with Brawl, designed only to screw you over and allow the opponent to randomly get a free shot in, or vice-versa but a momentary win that didn't feel earned.

Edited by Ridley Prime

I tried playing Ultimate with the N64 controller and it is doable for me but weird. Can't say with time if I will get used to it or ever but I had to make some controller adjustment. For my default, I turn tap jump off and jump with the X and Y buttons only. Instinctively, I am pressing the up C and right C as if I am pressing jump on GC or pro controller. On the N64 controller, it function as smash attacks in the direction the C buttons position, so up smash and right smash respectively. So since I had tap jump off, I had no way to jump with N64 controller in play so I had to turn it on so I can jump but it is not ideal when you're so used to playing one way with at least 2 controller schemes in Smash. Now I question how I will be with Smash 64 with a N64, hopefully it is not as bad as I think.

@Ridley Prime: You're right this is just a somewhat faster way of turning around and attacking at the same time, that vid really shows the possibilities with the few show there and all character can bring to the table. I never claim I can put input fast but I could never wavedash but I can't be certain in what some ppl already implement other techs in Ultimate is harder than this Slingshot. (good name btw, he's right with that too) For now I can't fathom how it can be the easiest tech in Ultimate but I guess I won't know till I try in practice, it looks easy enough and I know not what to do as he mentioned with the timing of the jump and pivoting side down right. I thought the same with wavedashing and gave up.

Nonetheless this is a cool find and hope to see how this evolve certain character plays going forward.

Yesterday, (the post above this one) when I mentioned I played Ultimate with N64 controller, I was tinkering around with my amiibo for Smash.

I noticed that outside feeding amiibo spirits, (which I don't do) that will add defense buffs, hit hard etc and give your amiibo attack type, I think technical type and grab type. The amiibo in smash get personalities types like natures in Pokemon that determine how your Pokemon is better in some stat change and not is some. In the case here the personality just means either they grab items a lot, fight from afar or upclose, etc, etc.

Here are some of the names of those amiibo personalities in Ultimate: Cautious, Realistic, Lightning Fast and Tricky. There's 25 in all. The some I seen my amiibo have is tricky and technician mostly. I scanned like 6 for example out of the tens of Smash amiibo I have, where I noticed in the top right corner of the amiibo screen and press the 'R' button is where you can see the type of personality of the amiibo.

This made me what to look up what these titles are and what they mean, my first google search link brought me here: https://exion-vault.com/amiibo-wiki-personality/. where I learned there's 25 of these personalities. There's a note at the bottom that info about the personalities is not accurate and is subject to change regardless of its accuracy. I find it fascinating the amiibo in Smash have these distinct personality that dictate how they behave outside what they learn when levelling up, against CPU's, humans and other amiibo. It's a wiki after all, there's always something that is not gonna be accurate nonetheless, interesting find to me.

• 2 weeks later...