Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, kcchiefs said:

totally remember you man, you were one of the legion cup organizers I remember. Is your crew around still? Could get a crew battle going!

Yessir, the legion cup! They were a blast back in the days.

As for the old crew, no clue I think before the fall of NS2 or when it fell most crews except yours just dissipate and moved on. I think do remember once this forum came to be that Magician and Raffi came by, I could be misrembering or they had different names. Magician was my co-host with the legion cups we did.

This discussion brings back memories. I wasn't part of any Smash guild or clan on NS2 particularly, but still, relatable memories.

Whoever the last character is, would be nice if they got it out of the way in say September, but who knows how long they'll drag out the final reveal/release throughout the year.

Been back to playing Smash more on and off again nonetheless though, with my Ridley and Ganon co-main (what can I say, always been a villains heavyweight guy) learning and improving through labbing and practice more and more. The anticipation for Metroid Dread makes doing so more exciting in a way, whether Ridley himself is in the game or not. That and just knowing I'll be going back and forth between playing Metroid and Smash again like back in the day.

8 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

Whoever the last character is, would be nice if they got it out of the way in say September, but who knows how long they'll drag out the final reveal/release throughout the year.

That's the thing with Sakurai, it is anyones guess because to some degree he is unpredictable. Pretty sure the character is ready to but Nintendo want him to hold back the reveal.

There's been a rumor for a direct next month but I feel or think it died down recently, that would be a good opportunity reveal not if there's direct next month just in general. Most or all character reveal were in direct of some form and at least when it comes to the fighter pass 2, the reveal and the release were 2 weeks to month to release. So if are gonna see a reveal next month, if there's a direct, I can't see this character releasing more than month away. What's the point for example revealing next month and say it releases in December? Sakurai doesn't follow patterns or logic sometimes but I don't see him breaking patter for reveal to release to that length. For all we know the character could be reveal at the game awards and released by or before Christmas like Sephiroth last year.

• purple_beard changed the title to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread: Next fighter is Tekken over Smash
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is truly an end of another Smash era again. The last character that will be revealed could very well be a gen 8 Pokemon at sublimity worse.

On the bright side, at least the Smash mural at the launch of Ultimate will finally be complete, when it does I will find and purchase where ever it is, because it is and will be awesome.

EDIT: Also the music choice here was an amazing touch. It really sells this is the end. I know where it's from so I get the importance outside the video but regardless, on point.

Edited by DLurkster

Because of all the DLC with Ultimate and the previous game, it’s been pretty much non-stop Smash content and speculation for the better part of a decade, but after this I hope there’s just time and room to breathe again for awhile like there usually is between games. There was hardly a break time in between Smash 4 and Ult.

Well obviously in this last presents we need to know the rest of DLC 2 pack fighter amiibo, all we know so far is that Min Min comes out sometime next year. 

Also, we don't know how much planning ahead or how much Sakurai is involved with Smash amiibo. That could explain in some presents, he has no news to share, is that what is gonna happen here or not? Since this is the last one, are we gonna get update via Nintendo twitter about when the rest of the DLC 2 fighter amiibo will launch? That was never a thing before so I wonder if we're gonna get any news or not or just wait randomly when we get update if not shown at this presents.

Something I just thought of today while watching a stream of ActRaiser: Renaissance... with the resurgence of the series and an updated look to the characters, I couldn't help but think that the Master's statue you play as in the action stages now has a chance - as little of a chance as it may be - to be the final DLC character.

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

Rumor mills firing up today....

Hottest one going is Sora...

I'm not posting any of that content but most looking at this thread know where to go if they want their rumor fill/fantasy....

My advice is STAY AWAY FROM RUMORS unless a regular/trustworthy site feels comfortable enough to go official...

The above goes without saying but can be easier said than done to avoid rumor, it is up to any one person to no believe rumor, that is doable.

All the same I heard the same thing, I am big KH fan so this would be a boon for me and just because it is a rumor I am not gonna put no faith in this in case it is true. I don't think I will be disappointed but I would be hurt but happy whoever the last character will be.

Also, the same reason why I just kept this info to myself, that and anyone who's just on the net with games know about this rumor, as well.

That's not healthy to do that imo and Nintendo of Japan is saying that if it was someone we barely know I would allow grandeur but still pass on letting my imagination go wild but this isn't good to allow when everyone anticipation may wildly differ from other most will might be on the same page of anticipation, nonetheless, like winners and losers not all will be fair in what will be revealed tomorrow morning. So like E3, Nintendo Direct and etc events hype responsibly.

Yeah, each to own in how one hypes but we all seen the any outlash when the build up to a monumental doesn't measure up to one or more outcomes.

I know what my pie in the sky prediction, I can very well share it but whether it is out there or not will not change what character that was selected long ago will from Nintendo for Sakurai to do and finally reveal tomorrow. That's how I look at it to hype responsibly.

That and most ppl who have or have not got both of the fighter passes, were content with characters we had in the base roster some with the DLC. In the end we should be grateful what we at the end, no matter who it is, also appreciate the long ride. It's about the journey not final destination.