Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

2F7920F2-D798-4A3E-A250-8EC75C546B24.thumb.jpeg.9d247c345d2742a6d20e652c9735e970.jpeg

After spending over an hour fighting Sephiroth on V. Hard and getting pretty close with some characters, I end up unintentionally cheesing the fight as Dedede with a should be failed recovery. I forgot Dedede’s up special on the way down is a meteor smash. 

I’ll go attempt a legit victory before the special fight goes away, but I doubt I’ll get a better time than what I posted. Also I don’t know if I posted the picture right, I just used the add file option.

49 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

Plasma breath cheese with Ridley works surprisingly well on the AI even on very hard.

Now that I unlocked Sephiroth, pretty cool moveset and can definitely say will be a close secondary. That feel when his down air is basically everything Ridley's should be, disjoint and all.

Ridley was the only one of my mains I like that could put some work in on him in Very Hard (ROB has the next best success).

Correction, I beat him on Easy and Normal fairly quickly with Ridley.  On Very Hard Ridley did ok but I went for some of my others because the match was harder and going longer and ended back up at Ridley to get him done on that level.

Playing against him opinions:

Range and quickness are really good.

Up arching slash and straight up slash are pretty deadly because of blade range.

Edge guarding with his down thrust is pretty legit.

*Could have been AI play but if you get someone doing the up thrusts, especially the single parry then you can land to the side and get a hit in because the animation recovery felt slow.

I found the three balls of magic attack he has to be annoying and I need better tactics to get out of it.

Octoslash is the legit.

Victory animation is THE LEGIT.

Delays in attack recoveries can get some quick characters good "ins" on him.

Playing as him.

I like his speed and range.

Going to have to figure best timing for the single up parry versus the arching slash.

Recovery seemed ok even though I swear the AI was doing it much better than I was.

He just looks like a bad ass.

I need to work on sword combos....

Huh, my bad I though the Sephiroth Challenge was for those who either just purchased Sephiroth or the DLC pass 2 can just fight Sephiroth before he releases on Tuesday. I guess I didn't see that in fighting him and winning, you unlock him, cool.

I haven't done so yet, might do it tomorrow no rush and I think most ppl would have Sephiroth by now. I honestly don't see a lot ppl in either camp who just bought Sephiroth or the DLC pass 2 versus those who don't have not taken advantage of this challenge. I've see the ppl who have not bought the pass bought or some character so the disadvantage of those who don't have either this is not bad ordeal and is generally cool.

I really like this.

1 minute ago, DLurkster said:

Huh, my bad I though the Sephiroth Challenge was for those who either just purchased Sephiroth or the DLC pass 2 can just fight Sephiroth before he releases on Tuesday. I guess I didn't see that in fighting him and winning, you unlock him, cool.

I haven't done so yet, might do it tomorrow no rush and I think most ppl would have Sephiroth by now. I honestly don't see a lot ppl in either camp who just bought Sephiroth or the DLC pass 2 versus those who don't have not taken advantage of this challenge. I've see the ppl who have not bought the pass bought or some character so the disadvantage of those who don't have either this is not bad ordeal and is generally cool.

I really like this.

I believe you have to have the FP2 and NSO to do the Sepiroth challenge and you only have to beat him once on any difficulty.

Just now, purple_beard said:

I believe you have to have the FP2 and NSO to do the Sepiroth challenge and you only have to beat him once on any difficulty.

I'm aware of the FP2 and beating him once, it's like any ordinary character unlock. I guess it makes sense you must have NSO for post the score but that should be optional or maybe in how they have this challenge in the game is via the internet and AI. Meaning this is a first in Smash history that AI plays online.

Have anyone experienced lag while playing against him?

2 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I'm aware of the FP2 and beating him once, it's like any ordinary character unlock. I guess it makes sense you must have NSO for post the score but that should be optional or maybe in how they have this challenge in the game is via the internet and AI. Meaning this is a first in Smash history that AI plays online.

Have anyone experienced lag while playing against him?

A few matches were somewhat laggy but I bet its due to everyone trying to get the downloading done from the update....

4 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

A few matches were somewhat laggy but I bet its due to everyone trying to get the downloading done from the update....

Maybe but an update shouldn't interfere with a match so this really is the first AI controller character online, interesting....

Like one would expect but not on purpose, I won by throwing remote bombs with my DL I was some what using them throughout the first 21 times but I knew after like the first 3 matches I need to keep my distance and that is not a problem with Link. Just kinda went extreme trying to distance him off the ledge not to recover back and that's what end up happening and how I end up with the time above. May try again where I take him down all the way. Time won't be better but I want to know I did it with DL all the way.

Edited by DLurkster
1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

Like one would expect but not on purpose, I won by throwing remote bombs with my DL I was some what using them throughout the first 21 times but I knew after like the first 3 matched I need to keep my distance and that is not a problem with Link. Just kinda went extreme trying to distance him off the ledge not to recover back and that's what end up happening and how I end up with the time above. May try again where I take him down all the way. Time won't be better but I want to know I did it with DL all the way.

I needed once with Easy and twice with Normal with Ridley.

But on Very Hard.... yeah..... I think your 22 tries sounds about what I used up with Ridley.  I played Ridley like 5x in a row then tried Richter(moves would work but the AI would keep trapping me in bad spots and then we got the glowing wing he was wiping me out), Pac Man ( Pac Man did ok but never could get the hits), Corrin ( did ok but she wasn't right for this matchup), Terry got destroyed 3x with the quickness so that was done, ROB was doing well and I might have gotten him but like 3x he got me perfectly to keep me from finishing him,  my Bowser got owned...that wasn't even funny..too slow for Seph, and so I go back to Ridley and started to get better with earlier strategies and got him done.  I couldn't let that Very Hard sit there staring at me no checked off.  That wouldn't have felt right considering that section of the Direct LOL.

9 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I needed once with Easy and twice with Normal with Ridley.

But on Very Hard.... yeah..... I think your 22 tries sounds about what I used up with Ridley.  I played Ridley like 5x in a row then tried Richter(moves would work but the AI would keep trapping me in bad spots and then we got the glowing wing he was wiping me out), Pac Man ( Pac Man did ok but never could get the hits), Corrin ( did ok but she wasn't right for this matchup), Terry got destroyed 3x with the quickness so that was done, ROB was doing well and I might have gotten him but like 3x he got me perfectly to keep me from finishing him,  my Bowser got owned...that wasn't even funny..too slow for Seph, and so I go back to Ridley and started to get better with earlier strategies and got him done.  I couldn't let that Very Hard sit there staring at me no checked off.  That wouldn't have felt right considering that section of the Direct LOL.

Ofc I used Link all 21 times, not sure that is more sad to lose that many times with the same character but I think once I got 8 to 12 losses I got him down to 7hp. I was so close and it pissed me off and my focus for a few matches afterwards, like I said will get the true very hard win Link with Sephiroth's HP all the way down.

7 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

*IF* Nintendo sells the mural as a poster with the full roster I am buying that shit and I will make a special shelf to go below the poster and have all my Amiibos sit underneath.

Yeah, I feel it for those who happened to get the poster of roster sans DLC because it will be so worth to get the poster once all characters are on there.

As for me, I cannot possibly hang this poster anywhere near Smash amiibo, I don't have all the Smash fighters. I only picked amiibo I personally fight with so with some exception with the Zelda ones and gaming icons like Joker and Hero. Pretty much gonna get all the DLC amiibo, that is fact.

1 minute ago, DLurkster said:

Ofc I used Link all 21 times, not sure that is more sad to lose that many times with the same character but I think once I got 8 to 12 losses I got him down to 7hp. I was so close and it pissed me off and my focus for a few matches afterwards, like I said will get the true very hard win Link with Sephiroth's HP all the way down.

Yeah, I feel it for those who happened to get the poster of roster sans DLC because it will be so worth to get the poster once all characters are on there.

As for me, I cannot possibly hang this poster anywhere near Smash amiibo, I don't have all the Smash fighters. I only picked amiibo I personally fight with so with some exception with the Zelda ones and gaming icons like Joker and Hero. Pretty much gonna get all the DLC amiibo, that is fact.

@P1

Yeah, I feel you.... got him quite a bit down to <20% then he gets the hit he needs or I put myself in a bad spot that his attack has me at that point....  Its tough to hang around with him if you have 15% or less because if he lands a decent hit its over.

@P2

I wouldn't have minded the original one though...  But in regards to Amiibos.... I told myself I'd only get ones I used then with sales and other things I ended up finishing out the original roster... with my least motivated to get characters last as far as Smash goes.  I think Pikachu, Jiggs, Kirby, and the Mii Fighters were like my last ones.  But once I got the roster, then because of sales, was able to try for a sealed set....  I was done.... from there on out I couldn't be incomplete anymore and basically I am doing two every time on POs now just to not have the hassle anymore LOL.

But yeah, if that full roster poster get sold, I am buying it.