Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

Hmm, more and more I'm starting to think Sephiroth won't release same day as the presentation. I forget that anytime there's a version update, it will be 10.0, you will get notification in game about it incoming and turning replays into videos. We would of got one already and there's none. So I think at earliest we might get Sephiroth this Friday or latest next Wednesday. Even Wednesday is a stretch, that is pretty close to end of the year holiday break. You'd think they will have him ready day of presentation or Friday.

That vid I posted with Nomura and Sakurai on Sephiroth in Smash. I guess I am fine if Geno shows up as a Mii costume, like Geno is legendary to me and most folks but no is above Sephiroth and what he means to so many. So if Geno have to be a Mii costume so be it.

I brought up that Sakurai and Nomura because ppl complain about another anime swordsman but Sephiroth is 'the anime swordsman' so I see the that vid point in why we still keep asking for Dante or Sora. And I can't believe I am saying this but I think I can let go of Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia go as a character to Smash. Even if we had the like of either Sora or Dante I'd still want Lloyd but like Geno I'm okay if Lloyd doesn't make it in.

I think I need a moment in what I just said, quite a shock to my system.

2 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

T minus 4.5 hours until Geno fans get BTFO!

I had to look up this acronym and... yeah, this kind of comment feels unnecessarily mean-spirited. No offence but I think you really need to think about how you come across, sometimes. :( Disagreement on things is fine and obviously part of being a community, but do you really have to be so rude, Ty?

Since we’re talking about Geno in general though, I still agree as before that just bringing back his costume would be fine for representation. In addition would be nice to get “Beware the Forest Mushrooms” as a bonus track, but we’ll see. :) 

2 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

I had to look up this acronym and... yeah, this kind of comment feels unnecessarily mean-spirited. No offence but I think you really need to think about how you come across, sometimes. :( Disagreement on things is fine and obviously part of being a community, but do you really have to be so rude, Ty?

Since we’re talking about Geno in general though, I still agree as before that just bringing back his costume would be fine for representation. In addition would be nice to get “Beware the Forest Mushrooms” as a bonus track, but we’ll see. :) 

Naw they need Smithy's Theme.

9 new FFVII 7 are new arrangements.

So a total of 11 FFVII songs now.

Also, his classic mode run is boss rush with all the bosses the characters face in their classic mode run, cool.

He releases on December 22, 2020.

Also for those who purchased the DLC pass 2, you can face off with Sephiroth before he releases from today till he releases. There's 3 difficulty modes to face off with him: Normal, Hard and very hard.

I think that's about it.

Yeah Ty, that was a toxic post fam. Reminds me how I used to be ostracized as a Ridley fan and such during pre-Ultimate.

That said, I am glad to finally have Geno's fate out of the way again as opposed to it being strung along any further, as I was getting sick of the talk about him too, but not every fan of his deserves to be dragged through the mud, y'know. Lay off.

He's not slow per se, he's light and can be launched easily. Some have attacks like his bair have a lot of ending lag. So some of his moves have cost in that sense where he appears slow.

Oh, I forgot but missed how but he has customized victory screen with him in flames and walking into them. A custom victory screen like Joker, only he and Joker have customize victory screens, interesting.

Sorry if I came off as mean-spirited. As someone who doesn't care much for Super Mario RPG, and has been around since the pre-Brawl days of rampant fan-speculation, part of me just couldn't help but laugh at such a heavily-requested character getting snubbed again.

If it makes you guys feel any better, both of my most-wanted pics have already been Mii Costume'd.

The easy Sephiroth challenge is indeed pretty easy. The direct made it sound like they all would be punishing and very hard would just be ridiculous or something. Managed very hard too but I kind of cheesed it by landing a meteor kick with ZSS.

He seems fun, and easily my favorite this pack just because I'm a FFVII fan. Some of his end lag is awful though so dunno how he will do in tournaments. His side B to me is his coolest thing. A lot of ways you can mess with people using that