Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

38 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

What a surprisingly honest character. It's refreshing for someone to have a counter in Smash that isn't a near jack of all trades type move.

Never played Dissidia but I figured a move like this wouldn't be omnipotent. He wouldn't be broken but he be like the rest of the characters with almost near invincibility counter.

So it seems like about close to quarter of the roster can break Sephiroth's down b. Also, 2 interesting facts that those who break the down b less honeycomb patterns show as to represent how power Scintilla is. Second the roster that can break are those who fight physical like DK or Little Mac, there are exception like PK twins and etc.

P.S. Bonus fact: powered up beam like projectile shots act like physical powered up punches. So normal projectiles like Link charged up b (not shown) will not work but Byleth will because it's more than arrow being charged and shot.

Finally did the other challenges for normal and easy difficulties with Link, DL, (Dark Link) and Cloud.

Here are the results:

This same rematch with DL but without cheesing it and took out all his HP, took less than 20 tries.

Spoiler

2020122016042000_s.thumb.jpg.4fbc5a2180adae778e223c5f5d926a53.jpg

This AC Cloud with all HP down, lost count how long it took but I had 0.6HP and had 3 shadow flares on me. I shielded but it was too early I took that opportunity to up b, I forget what he was doing that I caught him but I did the deed.

Spoiler

2020122017290900_s.thumb.jpg.8bc8a11cbb1d784f4a215d1a37105163.jpg

This is just with Link in the Champion tunic on.

Spoiler

2020122017321300_s.thumb.jpg.ac9db0646de0d8f397994d252ea4ae6a.jpg

Same thing with Champion Tunic Link.

Spoiler

2020122017333400_s.thumb.jpg.683967d692cd46f11b72d03aab4e0932.jpg

Back with DL, wanted to see what I can and it was 6 seconds better.

Spoiler

2020122017380500_s.thumb.jpg.8f4c7cca227c9ad3da8c468e68671e62.jpg

All done!

Spoiler

2020122017381400_s.thumb.jpg.510048cfc155a6bc521a695c31d470ed.jpg

Edited by DLurkster
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

Ridley did the whole adopting Pichu thing first. Seph’s just a copycat.

The edgy Isabelle shit is old.

Sorry to hear that but c'mon dude first or not with Ridley and Pichu, Sephiroth is more iconic than Ridley so it is cool Ridley had it first but this is FUCKING SEPHIROTH we're talking about here!

33 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

Getting needlessly defensive over a little jab comment like that wouldn’t you say? It’s not that serious. lol

But yeah.

Brah pot calling the kettle black much?

I have no connection real connection with Ridley or Sephiroth, I just recognize who is the bigger influence and if you think this has anything to with my bias with Pichu, think again. It has nothing to do with it and why I brought up the vid, again Sephiroth is just a bigger deal. That's all I am saying nothing more nothing less against anyone.

Careful how you accuse, friend. 

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

Brah pot calling the kettle black much?

I have no connection real connection with Ridley or Sephiroth, I just recognize who is the bigger influence and if you think this has anything to with my bias with Pichu, think again. It has nothing to do with it and why I brought up the vid, again Sephiroth is just a bigger deal. That's all I am saying nothing more nothing less against anyone.

Careful how you accuse, friend. 

Eh? I like Sephiroth too. It was just a lighthearted joke on him by me pointing out that Ridley did it first (or at least that was the intention). He's still cool, I just found it to be a funny deja vu. Hell, I like all the fan art Ridley and Sephiroth have together, doing similar shit as with the Pichu example. I didn't know you liked Pichu like that, but okay.

Again, it's nothing that serious. I didn't make it about who was a bigger name, you did. Seems I just forgot what era it was, not being able to make a joke anymore without someone getting on my case. Or maybe I just didn't word it well enough, not that I would make a joke or comment like that at a real person's expense, but Sephiroth's still just a fictional character, however influential. Sorry if what I said was in bad taste, but I wasn't expecting it to turn into well... this. If I was really slandering his character or something, I would've been more elaborate.

Edited by Ridley Prime
41 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

Eh? I like Sephiroth too. It was just a lighthearted joke on him by me pointing out that Ridley did it first (or at least that was the intention). He's still cool, I just found it to be a funny deja vu. Hell, I like all the fan art Ridley and Sephiroth have together, doing similar shit as with the Pichu example. I didn't know you liked Pichu like that, but okay.

Again, it's nothing that serious. I didn't make it about who was a bigger name, you did. Seems I just forgot what era it was, not being able to make a joke anymore without someone getting on my case. Or maybe I just didn't word it well enough, not that I would make a joke or comment like that at a real person's expense, but Sephiroth's still just a fictional character, however influential. Sorry if what I said was in bad taste, but I wasn't expecting it to turn into well... this. If I was really slandering his character or something, I would've been more elaborate.

My bad, I took your fondness for Ridley literal in why I thought the comment about the joke. I apologize there.

As for again Pichu as nothing to do why I favour that over Isabelle, just I am neutral to AC franchise but still recognize significance of Isabelle to AC like Sephiroth to FF7 and even Ridley to Metroid. Fictional or not, that does not needed to be pointed out to me, as I said it was taken out of context of how you view Ridley and I went off from there. It's so obvious that doesn't need to pointed out real person or not. If something is influential, respect where it comes in better context and next time I won't jump to conclusions.

• 1 month later...

I'm not gonna even guess when they guys will be present by Sakurai. I have not seen any news on that, at least.

But for for I will guess March or April release tho despite that I feel they are practically done with her or they wouldn't shown that elaborate trailer like that. Like for Terry we barely got a two second glimpse before his presentation with Sakurai like 2 months later back in 2019 and this was of course before 2020 pandemic where I understand thing are hampered a bit but this showing shows me she practically ready to me. And sort of makes me think yeah DLC is easier to develop than a game from scratch but team SORA and Sakurai appears to be getting along fine with development in the pandemic is seems. I am making too much of this?!?

This was the least hype reveal trailer from the very first frame. We always knew a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 character was en route. Personally I haven't been excited for any of the DLC characters so far. I think it's because they've all been from very un-Nintendolike genres and games, which rarely interest me.

Two waifus for the price of one--they're unique in the Smash roster, but after watching every other game I follow become consumed by weeb bait, this leaves a very sour taste.