Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

Nah, should of said this when the update dropped but I'm just gonna play all the single player stuff with Min Min tonight. This will be two birds, one stone thing where I can do all I can with Min Min.

And tomorrow will be as usual. Also has a heads up despite hamper of crowds for Canada Day on Wednesday, I'll be out of town the whole day chilling at Niagara Falls. So night before with the arena will close earlier, most likely

21 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Nah, should of said this when the update dropped but I'm just gonna play all the single player stuff with Min Min tonight. This will be two birds, one stone thing where I can do all I can with Min Min.

And tomorrow will be as usual. Also has a heads up despite hamper of crowds for Canada Day on Wednesday, I'll be out of town the whole day chilling at Niagara Falls. So night before with the arena will close earlier, most likely

I have a hard 12am cap tomorrow.

Played some local smash over at a friend's place. Min Min felt good but not as good as my mains, so will likely play her occasionally.

Was on Hyrule Castle against a Villager that really likes to perch on the upper platforms and drop bowling balls and trees on unsuspecting players. After a few of them hit me I remembered that Min Min has a reflector in her up smash. So towards the end of the match with the Villager chopping a tree down to drop on everyone below, I hit the up smash and sent the tree back to sender, nabbing a resounding KO. I will see if I can get my friend to clip that and post it on the Smash sharing thing so I can share the clip here.

50 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I have a hard 12am cap tomorrow.

Cool. I think I can do midnight tomorrow.

Man, I don't know why all my friends are hitting me up for plans for Canada day now. I'm just now gonna play Min Min, I have not yet as of this post.

1 minute ago, DLurkster said:

Cool. I think I can do midnight tomorrow.

Man, I don't know why all my friends are hitting me up for plans for Canada day now. I'm just now gonna play Min Min, I have not yet as of this post.

Damn, I've been online playing her since 10p.....  I like a lot of the moves.

My 1hr of online play and 10m+/- local play review of Min Min.

I know Sakurai said that up punch isn't a good attack but I kind of liked it.  That said, it does take some work to get the timing to contact right.

I love the punch down to jump up.

I am feeling the double punch.  I am more so a fan of double to a side right now but it seems I haven't pulled off the opposite side version correct to make it work.

The range for contact or no contact with attacks is real.  Still trying to hone it down visually so I know what is going on.

Character speed is pretty good.

Arms to grab ledges for recovery is good.

Stage is decent but I didn't manage to play on it much online.

I am a fan of this character so far.

Patch Notes:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/06/super_smash_bros_ultimate_version_8_0_0_is_now_live_here_are_the_full_patch_notes

Edited by purple_beard