Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

Finally got to creating my Mii Fighters.

Purple Bomberman aka Da Bomb.

Travis Touchdown aka Johnny Utah ... well  I had no other ideas and since a guy named Touchdown  in a action game kind of goes with Utah, who was Keanu Reeves character in Point Break, a classic action movie.

Creeper aka Grn Goblin.  Couldn't spell out Green because of characters.

I actually kind of like my set ups for each.

Still can’t believe I can properly parry projectiles now. Kinda surreal after how long it’s been; what they thought they fixed in 3.0 didn’t really get fixed till six main updates later, but still, is a big part of my drive to play more again soon, despite the Steve matchup craziness.

Speaking of, can see why people considered him broken at first, and why some maybe still do. His edgeguarding and planking is like none other, but now that people have adapted with their recoveries more when it comes to his blocks, and realizing he doesn’t deal too well with pressure, he might be more balanced than initially perceived. 

3 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

Still can’t believe I can properly parry projectiles now. Kinda surreal after how long it’s been; what they thought they fixed in 3.0 didn’t really get fixed till six main updates later, but still, is a big part of my drive to play more again soon, despite the Steve matchup craziness.

Speaking of, can see why people considered him broken at first, and why some maybe still do. His edgeguarding and planking is like none other, but now that people have adapted with their recoveries more when it comes to his blocks, and realizing he doesn’t deal too well with pressure, he might be more balanced than initially perceived. 

Ahh, the hot take society strikes again LOL.

In my play time with him I think he borders on being to technical and needy with all the farming for crafting materials at the expense of offense or defense time, but his tactics once he's geared up so to speak are pretty good to use.

Okay I’m gonna straight out ask, why does everyone on the internet call him Minecraft Steve over Steve or Steve from Minecraft? I don’t get why it’s bothering me so much, but it’s getting annoying hearing all the YouTubers call him Minecraft Steve. I mean would you call Mario “Super Mario Mario”, or Samus ”Metroid Samus” or something dumb like that? 

I guess I can get that he keeps gettting called Minecraft Steve because most people who played Minecraft wouldn’t have known Steve and Alex were the default names of the male and female skins in Minecraft. But saying Minecraft before their names all the time is already getting annoying. 

Sorry but but I really had to complain about that.

22 minutes ago, The Albraskan said:

Okay I’m gonna straight out ask, why does everyone on the internet call him Minecraft Steve over Steve or Steve from Minecraft? I don’t get why it’s bothering me so much, but it’s getting annoying hearing all the YouTubers call him Minecraft Steve. I mean would you call Mario “Super Mario Mario”, or Samus ”Metroid Samus” or something dumb like that? 

I guess I can get that he keeps gettting called Minecraft Steve because most people who played Minecraft wouldn’t have known Steve and Alex were the default names of the male and female skins in Minecraft. But saying Minecraft before their names all the time is already getting annoying. 

Sorry but but I really had to complain about that.

Probably because the name Steve by itself just doesn't conjure images of video game characters....

But I actually thought the Minecraft part was because while Steve/Alex are the starter skins most people change them immediately or whatever before getting into the game hard core.  Then again, I know very little about Minecraft and how it plays and what all you can do.

• 2 weeks later...