Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

Ha, he called the Banjo-Kazooie Amiibo a Rare prototype. Beautiful. 

Pour one out for Travis Touchdown. I'd have loved him to be playable, but hey, at least he's featured. Nice to see him get that representation. 

And as much as I like Travis, that Bomberman costume. That looks great! 

3 minutes ago, Edie Napier said:

even sakurai is telling people to get an ethernet adapter lmao

He's been saying that since Smash 4, he knows Nintendo internet is shitty.

He doesn't say the above often but because of that is why I know how many times he said it. Twice during Smash 4 gen and this one here makes 3 times during Ultimate gen.

The tactics variety and adherence to the Minecraft aesthetic is pretty damn amazing.

The Mii Fighter costumes are pretty solid.  I'll probably get Creeper (for the lulz) but definitely Bomberman.  Actually, Maybe Travis as well-- I like that light sword better than the default offering and the skin looks pretty damn close to Travis.

Edited by purple_beard

Just got around to watching this after Minecraft Live earlier

The playstyle and crafting/mining mechanic is pretty interesting - definitely makes it feel like it's straight from Minecraft, which is pretty good detail and true from the source game, actually

Steve is a pretty unique and interesting character - im looking forward to trying him out whenever i get around to buying the second DLC pass

I like the look of Cube Kirby - looks pretty cool

I do like the stage and the biome variants, would've been cool if we had gotten Nether and End variants, but that probably would've been a lot more work on top of everything else, so not really a big deal

There's something about the Pig & Creeper costumes that look somewhat cursed, ngl - the Bomberman and Diamond Armor look pretty cool, though

That Banjo & Kazooie Amiibo looks pretty sweet though - looking forward to that when it comes out

Edited by Shadow118
4 hours ago, DLurkster said:

No, why would they do this a Travis Touchdown Mii costume.

FUUUUUUUCKKK NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

No God Please No GIFs | Tenor

In his latest game Travis strikes again No More Heroes, when you get a game over he says, 'game over man, game over!' I can't seem to find that clip on YT but Ty's will suffice for now.

But but...at least we still ha-have Geno tototo look forward, I BETTER FUCKING HOPE, HE'S FUCKING PLAYABLE CHARACTER!

Edited by DLurkster
Just now, blcdude1 said:

Yeah, I understand that feeling. Everyone deals with grief differently, right? Some people fuck at funerals, others cut off heads.

Playable Travis Touchdown would have been awesome, but at least No More Heroes is represented. I got to look on the bright side. 

I am but fuck man it's too soon to think on the bright side.

The only bright side I can think of as I said is Geno is not a mii costume and that might mean he could become playable, right?

Just now, DLurkster said:

I am but fuck man it's too soon to think on the bright side.

The only bright side I can think of as I said is Geno is not a mii costume and that might mean he could become playable, right?

Right; Min Min shows Spirits can get promoted to playable, and no Geno Mii Costume suggests he is still a possibility. 

I'm still hoping for Shantae, as unlikely as that may be. I don't expect it; I don't even expect a Shantae Mii Fighter outfit with a Burning Town remix or Dance Through the Danger. I'd just like to see it. 

Speaking of Mii Costumes: Are there any Mii Costumes you'd like to see? To spitball a few: 

Gunners: Curly Brace & Quote, Cave Story; Ulala, Space Channel 5; Nemesis, Resident Evil

Swordfighters: Shovel Knight, Shovel Knight; Pious Augustus, Eternal Darkness (Skeleton version); Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

Brawlers: Doc Louis, Punch Out; Commander Video, Bit.Trip; King, Tekken 

Just off the top of my head. 

Edited by blcdude1
1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

And at the end were pissed too?

I very quickly came to accept it. Yes, I wanted a playable Travis Touchdown, and the recent Suda 51"no comment" had me imagining the possibilities. 

This? I'll take it. Could it have been better? Absolutely. But between a Mii Fighter costume and a return to the Garden of Madness next year, I have high hopes for the future of No More Heroes.