Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

Is it actually fixed?

Only play the night of update and watching anyone and pros play it seems be in the middle if it is truly better. Tho the consensus is there's less stutter so if anyone is playing wifi it is not that noticeable or tolerable. Stuttering differs from actual lag is. It's more like micro lag spike than lag that can last a second or more. Pretty much any sort of hiccup without the smash logo in the bottom right corner versus when it is there, that is lag.

So I believe we're on the road for better performance so to speak.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I forgot that we should be expecting another DLC fighter between Nintendo being silent for a while and just these past 3 weeks of this month been sort of blowout of information. The next DLC fighter is anyones guess, it could be next month, it could be November or could be December.

We got Hero July last year, than Banjo-Kazooie in September and Terry in November.

If look at how this year went outside of Byleth as the last fighter of challenger one pack in January, June started off pack 2 with Min Min. I can't say for sure outside the Mr. Skaurai present was delayed because of Covid, was Min Min delayed pushed back too because that is a month earlier than Hero last year, which was shown off last year June. As I aid Banjo-Kazooie was last year September which we are in now and average if we weren't in covid, characters release every 2-4 months. Again outside Blyeth to Min Min that was 6 months difference in release, we're about to reach 3 months of release for Min Min and when the next DLC fighter will show up and release.

So factoring the year so far if its 3rd part or first, as I said October, November or December are all likely candidates. October because all Nintendo have Super Mario 35 and Pikmin 3 DX, November is now packed for NIntendo with Pokemon SW/SH DLC pt 2 and HW: Age of Calamity squeezing a DLC fighter shouldn't be a problem and finally December with The Game Awards. Tho last year nothing Smash was shown it could be different maybe different this year despite that even being online live.

So with all what we know now that made me forget about the next DLC fighter, I can wait when they are ready to reveal the next one.

29 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

@DLurkster

Tokyo Game Show or Amiibo Smash Wave time frame will probably the tease for DLC #2 #2,

Hmm, that's a possibility but even tho Sakurai is not associated with Nintendo, Nintendo does not itself go to TGS.

That and like any year all who will be there is known to the public who will be attending, outside of no Nintendo connection Sakurai was not mention to be at TGS, whatsoever.

If that was hinted weeks ago ppl would be going mad that it is Smash DLC tease/reveal.

I forgot the Joker/Hero are coming out in a few weeks, tho the amiibo are 3rd I never seen 3rd part show them off and was always Nintendo.

So, what do folks think about this?

Suda 51 was apparently asked about Travis Touchdown in Smash (again) and responded with a "That's gonna be a big 'no comment' from me!" which is, quite frankly, far different from his past responses. He's commented about Travis in Smash for a long time (for example, here's an article from 2009!

A "no comment" could just be a no comment, he could be trolling fans by making a "no comment" knowing how people will read into it, he could be under a requirement to make "no comment." Whatever it is, it interests me. 

22 hours ago, blcdude1 said:

So, what do folks think about this?

Suda 51 was apparently asked about Travis Touchdown in Smash (again) and responded with a "That's gonna be a big 'no comment' from me!" which is, quite frankly, far different from his past responses. He's commented about Travis in Smash for a long time (for example, here's an article from 2009!

A "no comment" could just be a no comment, he could be trolling fans by making a "no comment" knowing how people will read into it, he could be under a requirement to make "no comment." Whatever it is, it interests me. 

I hope for this and with the above sound really possible but I am not gonna put myself in position where I'll be royally pissed. That is not to say I won't like who else comes up but Travis Touchdown, man. I'll accept anyone that comes thru but I have to keep myself in check.

18 hours ago, DLurkster said:

I hope for this and with the above sound really possible but I am not gonna put myself in position where I'll be royally pissed. That is not to say I won't like who else comes up but Travis Touchdown, man. I'll accept anyone that comes thru but I have to keep myself in check.

I find it's always good to temper one's expectations. You never quite know what Nintendo is going to pull, particularly with Smash. 

It does seem, with all this stuff popping up, however, that an announcement is imminent. There's been quite a gap since Min Min, though a very understandable one. There was about a two month gap between characters in the first Fighter Pass.