Rate Their Chances for Ultimate: Week 6: Cross

Ok.... I'll play.....

With a 5 point cap, I'll toss out these as I think  they would fit the mantra of Everyone is Here:

0 PLAYABLE  Bomberman, too bad he got in as an assist trophy.

1 Bonk

* I feel he would be a critical 3rd party character as you would have Cloud/PS and Sonic/ Sega and thus Bonk would be the TG16 rep.

* I feel his head butting mechanic would be super unique to anyone already in Smash.

* His AirZonk alter ego would make a great Final Smash.

* I went 1pt because it seems TOOOOOOOOO  unlikely that it won't happen but I think he'd be a natural.

2 Simon Belmont

*Konami needs to get off its arse and make this happen.

* The 3 NES Castlevanias were a mainstay of the NES library.

2 Banjo Kazooie

* Lots of political entanglements here

* He was such a huge deal for Nintendo in the N64 era.

* I can see a lot of ways that you can attack from the front and behind at the same time.

And the lucky winner of week 1 is...

latest?cb=20080305060055

Isaac (Golden Sun):

A Venus Adept hailing from the village of Vale with the ability to manipulate dirt and plants, as well as a host of other Psynergy-based abilities. After an incident at Mount Aleph, Isaac sets out on a journey to uncover the truth about Alchemy, which will either bring about the end of civilization, or save it from literally falling off the edge of the world.

Edited by Tyranogre

Fuck yeah, Isaac! His chance 70% just do to how he's not that relevant nowadays.

Okay, this week let's do: Magnus for 3 points and 2 points for Travis Touchdown.

EDIT: Thank, Ty. I though I forgot something.

Edited by DLurkster

One thing I remember from the last time we did this is there were "playable, in-game, want" categories. I'm fine only having a single rating, the other way was a tad convoluted tbh, but are we rating their chances solely to appear or is this simply if the character appears as playable? 

1 minute ago, Igneous42 said:

One thing I remember from the last time we did this is there were "playable, in-game, want" categories. I'm fine only having a single rating, the other way was a tad convoluted tbh, but are we rating their chances solely to appear or is this simply if the character appears as playable? 

The way I see it, the percentage ranges should ideally fall into one of four categories:

*99-75% - playable

*74-50% - interactive (i.e. assist trophy, stage hazard, etc.)

*49-25% - non-interactive (i.e. trophy, sticker, background cameo, etc.)

*24% or lower - not in the game at all.

Of course, that's just my suggestion. Feel free to rate however you want.

That makes sense to me so I'll go with that. 

Isaac: 70%

Isaac is actually a character I'd love to see. I never even beat the original Golden Sun (or any of the sequels) but it still manages to hold some special nostalgia for me of the GBA era. His lack of appearance in Smash 4 at all was surprising tbh. With Ultimate seemingly aiming to be, well an "ultimate" collection of Smash Bros. I figure he'll at least return as an AT if nothing else. I'd love to see him playable though. 

Next votes go to Dark Samus: 3 and Chrom: 2 

10 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Fuck yeah, Isaac! His chance 70% just do to his relevance nowadays.

Okay, this week let's do: Magnus for 3 points and 2 points for Travis Touchdown.

EDIT: Thank, Ty. I though I forgot something.

Was there a new game announced I'm not aware of? How is he relevant nowadays?

I give him 10% chance

I'm gonna throw a wild one out there:

3 point Dark Samus, 2 points Dovahkiin

2 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Was there a new game announced I'm not aware of? How is he relevant nowadays?

I give him 10% chance

I'm gonna throw a wild one out there:

3 point Dark Samus, 2 points Dovahkiin

My bad, I'm meant how he's not that relevant. Golden Sun last game will be 8 years ago this October. This year longer from The Lost age to Dark Dawn. And like the first game, the last one ended on cliffhanger too. So despite that Camelot really squandered what relevance left in the series.

But I have hope with the soon release of Mario Tennis Aces, (looking pretty good) with one great sport game in their pocket, maybe, just maybe they'll start working Golden Sun, maybe?

I give Isaac a 50%, the minimum recommended percentage for being an Assist Trophy. The fact that he was removed from Sm4sh even after Dark Dawn made him slightly more relevant should tell you all you need to know about the fate of the Golden Sun series. The only way I could see him becoming playable is if (and this is a really big if) GS4 somehow gets announced after Ultimate comes out, in which case he could be added as DLC to promote the game a la Corrin. And even in the unlikely event that Camelot were allowed to stop working on Mario Sports for a few seconds to develop GS4, Isaac would have some stiff competition from his son Matthew.

4 for Travis Touchdown, 1 for Rex.

Thus, with week 1 out of the way, the winner for week 2 is...

latest?cb=20110720212932

Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney):

A defense attorney from Japan Town, Los Angeles with a reputation for turning the tides in court right when it looks like a guilty verdict is inevitable. Even discounting that time he fought Galactus or went on a zone-crossing adventure with Chrom and Segata Sanshiro, one fighting trait that Phoenix brings from his home series is his near-invulnerability: he has canonically broken down iron doors through sheer determination, fallen off a bridge into a rapid river, and to top it all off, was once hit by a car and sent flying head-first into a lamp post with enough force to bend it, and walked off with just a sprained ankle.

22 hours ago, XLW said:

50% for PW. Yeah, I can only dream at this point. 

5 points for Rex and Pyra from XC2. I'm putting down them both because of the main gimmick in XC2.

I was actually thinking of doing Rex by himself, but now that you mention it, it does make sense for Pyra to be there, too, doesn’t it?