Nintendo Direct: E3 2018

Just now, Aisha said:

I wouldn't call it total trash. Maybe the story and gameplay are good, but those graphics...wtf lol are they trying to make the game portable to the 3DS?

Same, I was thinking. At first I was like the graphic are clean, they are like the 3DS FE cutscenes on crack than I just realized it's just upres of the 3DS in-game graphics.

I have to see more to judge more. I do like commanding a small troops features, tho.

Just now, DLurkster said:

Same, I was thinking. At first I was like the graphic are clean, they are like the 3DS FE cutscenes on crack than I just realized it's just upres of the 3DS in-game graphics.

I have to see more to judge more. I do like commanding a small troops features, tho.

I saw a comment from someone saying the game looks incomplete and I have to agree. Probably why it's delayed. Idk man the trailer is just so awful. I'm willing to wait on the story, but there was nothing compelling about that trailer.

2 minutes ago, Juanblue85 said:

Burn. Anyways to me the game looks amazing and great but definitely can see the roughness so I know that will be fixed in due time.

Yeah, I see them correcting it and why it got pushed to Spring 2019, probably and more besides the graphics.

But where the hell is Yoshi and I want definitive date on TWENY remake on Switch not no fall 2018 shit, like wtf?!?

What up with the soldier squads? Or are they purely asethetic, cause it looks like there's actually a gameplay component there. Which would be a bit of a shake up to the core gameplay.

Also I haven't played the last few entires, but there's actual overworld exploration, is that new too?

Edited by Marxforever
2 minutes ago, Marxforever said:

What up with the soldier squads? Or are they purely asethetic, cause it looks like there's actually a gameplay component there. Which would be a bit of a shake up to the core gameplay.

Also I haven't played the last few entires, but there's actual overworld exploration, is that new too?

Echoes sort of had overworld exploration I guess..

2 minutes ago, Marxforever said:

The soldier thing looks so weird to me too. So... each unit commands a platoon of generic soldiers?

Everything about this looks like Warriors. i'm guessing they're recycling the graphics engine. I agree with everyone disappointed in the trailer. It was such disjointed storytelling. I have no idea what story it's trying to tell, and even though it all focused on just one character I know nothing about her.

1 minute ago, Destiny Hero said:

The soldier thing looks so weird to me too. So... each unit commands a platoon of generic soldiers?

Everything about this looks like Warriors. i'm guessing they're recycling the graphics engine. I agree with everyone disappointed in the trailer. It was such disjointed storytelling. I have no idea what story it's trying to tell, and even though it all focused on just one character I know nothing about her.

Yeah, the world exploration is from Echoes, which I heard they were gonna implement in this game.

As for the platoon order thing, that is definitely new. I'm intrigued by it and want to see more.

But yeah, those graphics seem like a downgrade from FEW.

Just now, Tyranogre said:

So if Pokemon Trainer is back, does this mean Charizard has to go back to that retarded stamina mechanic? Are Zelda and Sheik back together? Do they lose their Down-Bs? Can Samus still use her Final Smash without switching to Zero Suit? Vice-versa?

No, no Stamina, they can all be out for as long as you wish with no downside. Which is great.

Also: I fucking missed Squirtle and Ivysaur.

1 minute ago, Tyranogre said:

So if Pokemon Trainer is back, does this mean Charizard has to go back to that retarded stamina mechanic? Are Zelda and Sheik back together? Do they lose their Down-Bs? Can Samus still use her Final Smash without switching to Zero Suit? Vice-versa?

According to the Smash Dojo page Zelda and Shiek are still separate characters as well as Samus and Zero Suit Samus. As for PKMN Trainer don't know much about that.

Just now, Tyranogre said:

In the direct they mention the Pokemon Trainer Pokemon does not lose stamina like they did in Brawl.

I'm not sure about down b with Sheik and Zelda.

1 minute ago, Igneous42 said:

They said in the announcement there is no penelty for staying on the same Pokemon. Essentially you have the option to change but can also just main one if you want. I don't know what that means for their Dowm special though 

I did like the idea of them having mild elemental weaknesses and advantages, but that might be a bit too gimmicky.

I hope switching removes status effects like it did in Brawl though, since switching Pokemon who were poisoned or asleep was a huge part of the Gameplay in Pokemon.

2 minutes ago, Juanblue85 said:

According to the Smash Dojo page Zelda and Shiek are still separate characters as well as Samus and Zero Suit Samus. As for PKMN Trainer don't know much about that.

I should of knew the page is up for that. In the vids for those characters, I don't see transformation so yeah definitely separate.

Just now, Destiny Hero said:

it's been an hour and a half and i still can't stand and i need to stand

my body was not reggie for this hype

but Pokemon Let's Go is so indescribably easy. The trainer at the end of the forest uses a level 3 Metapod, and the game doesn't even let you attempt Brock without a supereffective matchup

It's trying to sway some of the Go audience to the core games. For what it's worth Gen VIII is not going to be anything like Let's Go and has been in development since before the Switch even came out.

As someone who still plays go with my Friends. I'm looking forward to Let's Go. And hey, at least I can finally get a Mr. Mime, since I'm not probably going to Europe anytime soon. And Go still doesn't allow trading. In a Pokemon game...