Nintendo Direct: E3 2018

I never played Skylander game but I cannot deny how popular it got so with this genre in game dying out. (the last one was Disney Infinity) I wonder how this will do and if it can make it past its first year?

With no doubt the Switch version will sell the most because of Starfox, which I'll admit they got me there. Still a wait and see with reviews and such, not intsa buy.

Edited by DLurkster
6 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I never played Skylander game but I cannot deny how popular it got so with this genre in game dying out. (the last one was Disney Infinity) I wonder how this will do and if it can make it past its first year?

With no doubt the Switch version will sell the most because of Starfox, which I'll admit they got me there. Still a wait and see with reviews and such, not intsa buy.

Don't forget Lego Dimensions.  That was also part of the whole Toys to Life segment in gaming.

Was kind of hoping they would have went more into their paid online service. I mean, we already know the details, but wish they would have showed us how the app is going to work and if any interfaces would be changing. I guess what we have is what we are getting, just have to pay for it. Also I realized there is no big game releasing to go along with it. Mario Party is the following month. Did they say if that was going to be online? 

I know online isn't Nintendo's forte, but I just wish we could interact better with our friends without having to use the app.

Just now, Eliwoodman12 said:

Was kind of hoping they would have went more into their paid online service. I mean, we already know the details, but wish they would have showed us how the app is going to work and if any interfaces would be changing. I guess what we have is what we are getting, just have to pay for it. Also I realized there is no big game releasing to go along with it. Mario Party is the following month. Did they say if that was going to be online? 

I know online isn't Nintendo's forte, but I just wish we could interact better with our friends without having to use the app.

I feel any news on their online won't be for another month before release or month of.

I saw no PR showing Super Mario Party having online.

7 minutes ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

Which makes sense with the Reggie announcement saying there would be more surprises in the weeks and months ahead. Nintendo doesn't cater to E3 lol.

Yup, E3 isn't the be all to end all. Nintendo have adopted this since they have been doing directs instead of press conf at E3. Nintendo is finally putting their philosophy of beating to their own drum into E3 now.

2 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Punchy do you ever like anything?

Yes, I liked Demon X Machina and Devolver Digital have the best conference again this year. Loved it!

My liking or not liking has little to do with what looks to be a drought of games till fall, to be fair.

Edited by Punchy
11 hours ago, IU said:

The echo character concept has the chance to be something special. I really hope it's widely used to give more characters within a series some shine i.e. Shadow through Sonic, Tharja through Robin, Black Shadow through Captain Falcon, Impa through Sheik, Hilda through Zelda, Birdo through Yoshi, Krystal (Assault look) through Fox, Galacta Knight through Meta Knight, Agent 8 through the Inkling, Ken through Ryu...There could end up being a lot to this roster.

Dark Samus could also end up being an echo character... Strange that we haven't seen the Samus palette alt of her from SSB4 yet. Of course she could also still be an assist trophy for all we know, but we'll have to see.

Since it'll probably be awhile before I get around to getting back to you in our conversation again, I just want to comment on Sylux real quick here. As it is, I think he has the best shot for Smash as DLC. The Sylux supporters I know from like the Smash community seem to think the same. SSB4 was supported with DLC for like a couple years, and if Ultimate gets any DLC it'll be all newcomers (with all the veterans already back and all), so I could see Sylux happening to coincide with Prime 4's release during the Smash Ultimate DLC time period.

Even if Dark Samus got in as an echo fighter, I don't think she would hurt Sylux's chances (would be happy for Carl at the very least), and Kensuke Tanabe stressed that her story is done and over with in the Prime series and that he'll be moving on with Sylux, who he's had a particular agenda for for awhile now.

Whatever happens, wish ya the best as far as Sylux, whose full post-MPH debut is overdue, probably even more-so now that I finally got my guy in Smash... Between that and the Smash amiibo and the F4F figure, it's gonna be a spoiled time to be a Ridley fan. :v Already felt spoiled as a Mewtwo fan after all the Pokken stuff he got...

1 hour ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

The Treehouse stream just announced that Super Mario Party actually will have an online mode! It's not the full board game mode but you can play a mini-game challenge mode online. https://gonintendo.com/stories/311364-super-mario-party-to-include-an-online-multiplayer-mode-plus-lea

18 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

The Treehouse stream just announced that Super Mario Party actually will have an online mode! It's not the full board game mode but you can play a mini-game challenge mode online. https://gonintendo.com/stories/311364-super-mario-party-to-include-an-online-multiplayer-mode-plus-lea

If I wasn't getting this game before, I'm close to sure am getting now.

36 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

That's great news. I would have liked it if they included online full board game mode, but not sure how it would work out. For instance, if you are playing four players online in a board game, one of them drops out, it kind of ruins the experience. I think the mini game mode is a better option.

6 minutes ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

That's great news. I would have liked it if they included online full board game mode, but not sure how it would work out. For instance, if you are playing four players online in a board game, one of them drops out, it kind of ruins the experience. I think the mini game mode is a better option.

True, and the commitment of playing a full board game match, which are often half an hour long at minimum, would definitely complicate online match-making.