Nintendo Direct: E3 2018

1 hour ago, The Krazy One said:

Happened yesterday but.....

@purple_beard

Hide contents

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH NINFORA!!!! DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR! CLAP FOR YOUR FOUR TIME CHAMPS AND FEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

IT'S A NEW DAY, YES IT IS!!!

TL;DR- New Bomber in Super Bomberman R based on WWE Superstar Xavier Woods.

It would matter if we played it more....educate;

https://www.konami.com/games/bomberman/r/us/en/character/

Switch also got Max Bomber....

2 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Just gonna focus on the Smash bits.

I'm going with your idea with 5 more DLC character, they have with the release of the game come out late 2018 and the 20th anniversary of the series next year, why not celebrate with DLC.

It's been confirmed that if they are making Daisy amiibo, the characters returning that weren't in Sm4sh, amiibo will be made. As much I think that's strange we have no concepts of them outside Inkling and Ridley makes me believe that the rest will release next. That is why to me I don't think they are making them. They should at least try have the rest made by the end of this year, if possible.

The way I look a this Smash is 60% port and 40% new. That may change once we get more information leading its release. As all we know about the game now is the chars and stage and that's. Once we hear the modes, new or old will determine if this is a one special port that is as new elements or new if the modes are game changers for the series. Regardless of the state now or release, (and this is my bias speaking) I'm content with what is shown right now and couldn't be happier. Just want to see the modes and see if what I'm feeling about the game will shift for the better or worse.

I am liking the pick the stage first, before the fighters.

If next year is the 25th anniversary I bet they drop a killer DLC pack to celebrate.

One thing I noticed right away when we first lay eyes on this game is the lighting in this game really makes the night and day difference in how far this game looks from Wii U to Switch.

The lighting for most characters have like realism clay look to them. Sometimes that kind of loo can be jarring but seems like 2-D fighting games seem to be going for that look cause you can make the game look more realistic or more artistic. Which I think Ultimate nailed a balance in the comparison vid.

I couldn't really see the background improvement looks to the stage and I am amazed from them but I guess if the characters can look better why not the stage backdrops. This is rally the Ultimate Smash in looks and not only stages and chars. Just gotta see those modes.

Hazard toggle, yes. When they announced you can play on battlefield and omega, I had a feel a hazard toggle would be include. More and more it is really living up to the Ultimate title.

EDIT: I just don't have weird change of heart and the hazard toggle was only for the demo here, or it accidentally get taken out or just plain remove it.

Edited by DLurkster

Hazard toggle for the win! This will make so many more stages more enjoyable. I'll finally be able to fight on Spear Pillar, Gaur Plain, and Wily's Castle and actually enjoy fighting players and not the stage itself. In my opinion it practically eliminates the need for Battlefield and Final Destination versions of every stage, though the competitive scene will probably disagree with me. 

7 minutes ago, Laclipsey said:

Hazard toggle for the win! This will make so many more stages more enjoyable. I'll finally be able to fight on Spear Pillar, Gaur Plain, and Wily's Castle and actually enjoy fighting players and not the stage itself. In my opinion it practically eliminates the need for Battlefield and Final Destination versions of every stage, though the competitive scene will probably disagree with me. 

I agree but there's nothing wrong with options. There might be those who wants to see the stage as is but without the hazards that comes with it or you just want to really test mettle with omega or battlefield format of the stage.

Options for everyone.lhappy;

3 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

It's cool to see more of the high level players in not only Smash Ultimate but also Mario Tennis Aces. Felt bad for JC though—watching those matches you'd think he wasn't even holding the controller the way ZeRo dominated him!

At least it was better than witnessing Reggie versus Hungrybox. JC a quick learner, we may not see it but I hear it in the way he speaks about competitive games.

And it was confirmed in that stream segment that hazard toggle is a thing, yay!kvhappy;

Ugh. Screw this. Mew from Pokemon Go cannot be transferred to Let's Go. Dammit Game Freak.

https://pokemonblog.com/2018/06/12/mew-cant-be-transferred-from-pokemon-go-to-pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-and-lets-go-eevee/

That says a lot right there. Leaves a lot of fans out who DO NOT want to bother getting the extra. They're basically strong arming people now. That's just sick.

Can only imagine the sheer amount of people scalping these bundles. Let alone the Pokeball Pluses. Ugh.

You won't be strong arming me to buy an unneeded accessory. Guess I'll be going Mew-less then.

2 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Daemon x Machina being shown of now live on the stream.

Went back through and saw a few gameplay snippets.  Looking pretty good and I like the little details in there that weren't mentioned in their press release like decorating your hangar and body parts destroyed on your arsenal can be replaced mid battle by taking similar parts from destroyed enemy arsenals.

Found in the last Smash segment of the day, where Treehouse member JC mentions hazard toggle is a thing.

It's official confirmed.

1 minute ago, Kezay said:

Went back through and saw a few gameplay snippets.  Looking pretty good and I like the little details in there that weren't mentioned in their press release like decorating your hangar and body parts destroyed on your arsenal can be replaced mid battle by taking similar parts from destroyed enemy arsenals.

I saw the begin with customization with your avatar, hangar and gear but shortly after they got into the field, I just couldn't hold interest. TBH, when I first saw this in the direct I was the same way too. If there's a demo of this, I'll see if this waning wavers.